I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

Boy it sure got LOUD in here.

There is a lot of Native American Cuisine.

Ok, I will concede that NYC has the best Ethiopian cuisine outside of Ethiopia, mainly because I don't care.

All other cuisines are quite subjective, and fact is, NYC ISN'T the best - they only think they are. When anyone disagrees, they try to shout you down. How rude!

They can sit in their tiny apartments and pretend that the entire world is within a few blocks of their high rises, but that isn't reality. It is what NYC substitutes for reality.

I am just curious.. did a NY Girl break your heart? Get a beat down by a NY'r? Cold steak at Sparks?

I jest, but I can't figure out why so much 'hatred' for NY'rs?

Tiny apartments? Most of the apartments and townhouses my friends have put the size of my Long Island home to shame.. :rolleyes:

Ok, I will concede that NYC has the best Ethiopian cuisine outside of Ethiopia, mainly because I don't care.

All other cuisines are quite subjective, and fact is, NYC ISN'T the best - they only think they are. When anyone disagrees, they try to shout you down. How rude!

They can sit in their tiny apartments and pretend that the entire world is within a few blocks of their high rises, but that isn't reality. It is what NYC substitutes for reality.

Jusst out of curiosity...what is your issue? You are all over posting innocuous weird remarks. Are you that unhappy with everything?:confused::rolleyes:

I am just curious.. did a NY Girl break your heart? Get a beat down by a NY'r? Cold steak at Sparks?

Tiny apartments? Most of the apartments and townhouses my friends have put the size of my Long Island home to shame.. :rolleyes:

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I don't hate anyone. Why are NY'rs so defensive?

It is well known that Manhattan apartments make the most of limited space - something to study if you are in that position in some other part of the country.

Decades ago a friend of mine move from the South up there. She loves it. Thrives. I don't get it. We visited her last month and had a great time - never left her Park Avenue apartment. Decided to eat in instead of the stress of going out. Had Chinese delivered (very New York). It was interesting that Con Ed had no more respect for her neighborhood than whoever was doing construction near our hotel not that far from Letterman. Noisy, noisy, noisy.

The next couple of nights were much better at a friend's house on Long Island. Houses with yards. Amazing. Some great home cooked meals. Only went out one night to a comedy club which was pretty good. He buys, remodels, and sells houses for a low markup if you need more space. You could probably buy a dozen of his for what my Manhattan friend's apartment is now worth.

While in the city I lost count of how many times I heard drivers yelling at each other - "I'm gonna %$^$%^ KILL YOU". Of course, all talk - I had the camera ready but no action.

My kind of place - I don't think so. Interesting to visit, but not too often.

Speaking of lobster - there was a lobster place she mentioned, forgot the name but sounded cheap - next door to the Chelsea Hotel. Spanish to boot ??? But anyway, could it be as good as the best of Boston or Maine? I dunno.

If there are problems on the ship, I would rather find out about it BEFORE I book it and spend my money only to be dissatisfied.

Just because the ship left out of NY doesn't mean it was overwhelming filled with local NYers. Plenty of people from Canada drive down rather than fly to NY to board a ship out of NY. Other passengers either take Carnival transportation provided from Baltimore, Pa or Boston as well. The sailing was not exclusively sold to NY residents. Rude passengers come from all over.

So lighten up and get over it.

The real issue is the problems or what didn't work as well as it should have -- not where the passengers were from.

MARAPRINCE

I was on the Dream Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving) sailing and believe me....it wasn't all NYers. There were a TON on board that weren't even American. Ugh.

:eek: Do you bring your own sheets on cruises?

This thread is so enjoyable...talk about a good hijack! And since I grew up in Stamford (CT, for all y'all southerners), I feel like I'm a neighbor;) We'll be sailing the Miracle in May coz we're taking the whole family and can't afford all the flights. Taking Dad for his first cruise (at the age of 82) and he lives on the upper East Side. Irishman born and raised in Brooklyn, he will certainly tell you if you piss him off, but he is never rude:p

Back to the pizza...........New Haven has awesome pizza, so all you New Yorkers don't have ALL the good pizza!;):D

Toni, nice to see ya! I've been slumming on Facebook, too!

Thank you for taking up the cause for New Haven pizza :) I am in Stratford.

Sally's, Modern, Pepe's ..are all home runs in my book. Zuppardi's in West Haven is awesome too. :)

Those damn yankees!!!

Yes, I am a native NY'er (long island) and when I do go back, I make sure my parents order a couple of 'pies' for dinner

melting pot wasnt my thing, we have a couple in md but I couldnt get over sticking the raw meat into the pot. but the dessert was yummy!

Wrong again. The best Ethiopian is in Falls Church, VA outside of DC. Feel free to continue being wrong. It's enjoyable for us all.

We DO have great Ethiopian cuisine here in NYC. My favorite place is up by Columbia University.

So where are you from SS? You haven't told us what makes your hometown special. Do you have more Applebees per capita than any other state? More trailer parks? More crystal meth labs?

LOL @ Lemur.

Regarding Ground Zero... that's the only time that I've actively spoke out to someone. Not long after the tragedy, around November or December... I had to walk by. I was amazed that folks were posing for pictures.... smiling for the camera, etc in front of a smoldering pile of ruble. That's the only time that I confronted someone... Outside of that... I just mumble and grumble...

There's a little hole in the wall place down around the seaport called Carmine's (no ... not the tourist trap in midtown). They specialize in seafood. They always had fresh fish....(now that the fish market is no longer there... I wonder how good it is...). Some of the best seafood I have ever tasted, and you don't have to prove your net worth to get in.

We DO have great Ethiopian cuisine here in NYC. My favorite place is up by Columbia University.

So where are you from SS? You haven't told us what makes your hometown special. Do you have more Applebees per capita than any other state? More trailer parks? More crystal meth labs?

I wouldn't know about those places. I did get a chuckle when I noticed NY Applebees has a website. Too funny.

http://www.applebeesny.com/EN/index.html

LOL @ Lemur.

Regarding Ground Zero... that's the only time that I've actively spoke out to someone. Not long after the tragedy, around November or December... I had to walk by. I was amazed that folks were posing for pictures.... smiling for the camera, etc in front of a smoldering pile of ruble. That's the only time that I confronted someone... Outside of that... I just mumble and grumble...

There's a little hole in the wall place down around the seaport called Carmine's (no ... not the tourist trap in midtown). They specialize in seafood. They always had fresh fish....(now that the fish market is no longer there... I wonder how good it is...). Some of the best seafood I have ever tasted, and you don't have to prove your net worth to get in.

You mean they actually have places like that in NY? good to know. I used to go to the SS seaport all the time (when i was younger :rolleyes:)

Sad but true. We also have an Olive Garden.

Sad but true ... the law firm I worked for when I first got out of college used to hold all of their departmental events at the Olive Garden in Times Square because our boss loved their lasagne. And she had Italian roots adn was from Staten Island. Do you have any idea how depressing it is to try to get your expense-account drink on in the freakin' Olive Garden in Times Square?

Sad but true ... the law firm I worked for when I first got out of college used to hold all of their departmental events at the Olive Garden in Times Square because our boss loved their lasagne. And she had Italian roots adn was from Staten Island. Do you have any idea how depressing it is to try to get your expense-account drink on in the freakin' Olive Garden in Times Square?

Not acceptable!! That person should have the Italian DNA ripped from her body.

It's also sad what has become of Little Italy. What used to be a great place to find cheap, authentic Italian food has become a place of overpriced, horrible "restaurants". Now - Chinatown is still awesome!

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!! I hope I am not the only person that feels like this???

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Steelermoose: You talk about people whinning about their cruise experience, if someone has a bad cruise experience what do you expect them to say?

These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY.

That statement is stupid and ignores economic realities.

Remember, everyone may have a different cruise experience. Regardless of what it is tell others about it.

I am Italian with a mother born and raised in Brooklyn.

Going to the Olive Garden for Lasagne is like going to the cemetary and spitting on your grandmothers grave :(

I am Italian with a mother born and raised in Brooklyn.

Going to the Olive Garden for Lasagne is like going to the cemetary and spitting on your grandmothers grave :(

I'm primarily Irish, English and Dutch and *I* was embarrassed for her. I, who know nothing of good pasta and probably eat what most Italians consider to be ketchup on egg noodles. :eek:

I'm primarily Irish, English and Dutch and *I* was embarrassed for her. I, who know nothing of good pasta and probably eat what most Italians consider to be ketchup on egg noodles. :eek:

Or buying and eating one of those Oscar Meyer lunch pizzas. :eek:

Archived