Equinox: menus and photos posted

Infi

Hello all,

Though I haven't finished my review of the 11/19 sailing due to lack of time recently, I did want to share these photos of the cruise. (Note: I did not take these photos, they are all courtesy of my shutterbug daughter.) Here is the link:

All of the dining room menus, specialty restaurant menus (and Blu) are also here, under the Food/Menus album. There's also many photos of the ship itself under the Celebrity Equinox album. Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers will find them useful. :)

Hi Cindy:)wow....Chrissy took some AWESOME pictures:D

Thanks for sharing them with us......makes me want to sail her

again;)...fortunetly I am going on SUMMIT next month:)

Hubby and I are scheduled to to on the Equinox January 25th for 11 days with 2 other couples and was wondering if you could let us know what the average costs are for mixed drinks, beer, and frozen cocktails.

I've purchased the Classic Alcohol package and I know I may not drink the amount I've paid, but now I won't have my hubby saying to me, you're having another, do you know how much we're spending on drinks? So I've told him upfront that it was $566 USD and has now gotten over it and won't bug me during the trip.

So we're just wondering how much those drinks actually are after 15% gratuities. My package includes gratuities and taxes.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Hello all,

Though I haven't finished my review of the 11/19 sailing due to lack of time recently, I did want to share these photos of the cruise. (Note: I did not take these photos, they are all courtesy of my shutterbug daughter.) Here is the link:

All of the dining room menus, specialty restaurant menus (and Blu) are also here, under the Food/Menus album. There's also many photos of the ship itself under the Celebrity Equinox album. Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers will find them useful. :)

Wow...those pics and postings....makes me want to jump on that ship now.

And now you have the Ruby Princess to look forward to......that is one itin and ship I would love to do myself.

Thanks again for posting.

Can I ask your preference on Celebrity vs. Princess?

What a spectacular job! I can see I better lose weight before my August cruise on Equinox! Just one question - do you have to pay for capuccino after dinner or is it included? (On Carnival it's included)

Hello all,

QUOTE]

Wow, what a great job of taking photos of the ship. We bet if it wasn't for security, your daughter would have taken photos of the engine room and the captain's stateroom as well.:)

Thanks so much for all the excellent photos -- we are on in 4 days and can't wait.:)

Hello Infi, really loved your photos! I have a couple of questions, for you about travelling on Celebrity with a teenage daughter. It sounds as if your daughter has cruised a lot, and our two children are aged 14 and 12. They have only been exposed to Royal Caribbean and Disney. They don't need a "wild time", but I'm concerned about there being enough activities to keep them occupied on a 7 day cruise with 3 sea days. Did your daughter meet other kids to hang out with? Were there many other kids her age on board? There are so many things that look wonderful about Celebrity, and for the cruise we are looking at, the Celebrity cruise was less expensive that the RCI, but I don't want the kids to be bored.

I'd love to hear your opinion.

Thanks,

Linda

Hello all,

Thank you for sharing these, Infi. Your daughter did a great job.

I am going to refer the site on the "Everything Equinox" thread as I know the pictures of the food presentation and menus will be particularly helpful to future Equinox travelers and bring back fond memories for recent cruisers.

I am soooo ready to go back.:)

See what I mean? Rich and I understand completely, Cheryl!

Thanks again, Infi.

Bonnie

What a spectacular job! I can see I better lose weight before my August cruise on Equinox! Just one question - do you have to pay for capuccino after dinner or is it included? (On Carnival it's included)

Hi, cappuchino is extra.

Hello Infi, really loved your photos! I have a couple of questions, for you about travelling on Celebrity with a teenage daughter. It sounds as if your daughter has cruised a lot, and our two children are aged 14 and 12. They have only been exposed to Royal Caribbean and Disney. They don't need a "wild time", but I'm concerned about there being enough activities to keep them occupied on a 7 day cruise with 3 sea days. Did your daughter meet other kids to hang out with? Were there many other kids her age on board? There are so many things that look wonderful about Celebrity, and for the cruise we are looking at, the Celebrity cruise was less expensive that the RCI, but I don't want the kids to be bored.

I'd love to hear your opinion.

Thanks,

Linda

Hi Linda,:) I am not Infi but I did have dinner with her and her daughter

in Murano's.:D....Hopefully Cindy will reply too with more detailed

information but our cruise was only 4 nights and if memory serves

I honestly never noticed "alot of kids". This was the first cruise

after Equinox arrived in the states.

I can tell you Chrissy (Cindy's daughter) is something else. I would

not have ever guessed she was only in High School.

(that is meant as a compliment)....I don't recall her mentioning that

she met any other teens to hang out with but I think she and her

Mom spent most of their time together.

I am not meaning to put words in their mouth...just my observations

from getting to know them in 4 days;)

But I bet on a 7 nighter there would probably be more kids.

Cindy, come back and give Linda some first hand information:D

Thanks everyone for your kind words - I'm glad people enjoyed the photos and menus. They make me hungry just looking at them too - I wish I were back aboard! I'll try to answer some questions that came up.

a1vacation: I'm sorry, we are not drinkers so I'm afraid I don't have much firsthand experience with the bar menu. I did find this photo of the drink menu (http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Equinox-Nov-2009/Menus/10421670_UGhEz#722589578_ifhhz), perhaps it will be of some help? It doesn't have everything on there, but it looks like a good starting point for your package. Enjoy your cruise!

Maggieq: Thank you! We're really looking forward to the Ruby, it's a great itinerary and Christmas cruises are a lot of fun. As for Celebrity vs. Princess...they're both very good lines and I'll happily sail either, but IMHO Celebrity always comes out just a cut above. Princess excels in its entertainment and itineraries...there's a great variety of nightly activities that Celebrity just lacks. Lately, I've found myself gravitating towards Princess' itineraries because they offer so many more ports and variety there. Celebrity's service is a little more polished, and they have nice touches that Princess lacks, like refreshments when you return from port or champagne when you board. The Princess ships can feel a bit more crowded in key areas (buffet, theater) than the Celebrity ones, which is a negative. But, they do have some nice things Celebrity lacks, like the International Cafe, and DD's favorite, Movies under the Stars. As for the food...both are good. Celebrity focuses more on beef dishes, Princess features more seafood. You wouldn't go hungry on either! If you're thinking of trying either...go for it. They're both great lines that offer a nice experience.

Podie: Yes, you have to pay for cappuccino after dinner. Hope you have a great cruise!

G&V: Your comment made me laugh out loud. And I agree with you completely. ;)

Luvtravel6: Thanks! DD and I have been cruising Celebrity since she was very young, and she loves it. The crew is wonderful with kids, and she really loves the kids' program. One advantage that Celebrity has over lines like RCI and Disney is that the ships are rarely overwhelmed with kids, so the ones in the program get a lot of personal attention from the counselors. Yes, it is more low key than those lines (no flow riders or Mickey everywhere), but the counselors do a great job with what they have. The activities that run all day, especially on sea days so I don't think your kids will get bored. Your 12yo will be in the preteen group, which still has more organized activities, while the 14yo will be with the teens. The teens have less organized activities - it's more of a meetup thing and then they occasionally attend activities - but the XClub (teen club) is very nice. They have all the games and video games a teen could want (like guitar hero and Rock band), lots of space to hang out, and a dancefloor.

I will tell you that there weren't many children or teens on this sailing, which surprised me because it was a short cruise before Thanksgiving. I expected more, honestly. It had to be under 100 aboard, maybe even under 50. It was such a short trip, DD didn't use the club much, she stopped by one night and they were playing video games and hanging out...typical stuff. The teens aboard met up and gathered there more than anything. I don't know when you're sailing, but if it's summer or breaks you can expect more kids, of course. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

SailAway78: Thanks, I'll look for them there. I'm glad to see these pictures will be helpful to future cruisers, that's what CC is all about.

Lois: Thank you for your kind words about my daughter, they are quite the compliment. And you hit it right on the head about the kids onboard, too. I have to tell you, we enjoyed your photos as well. DD liked that you got some nice pictures of stuff she missed (I know, with all those photos, I can't believe she missed anything either). Hope you're doing well. :)

I was on the Oasis watching the Equinox depart. In a couple of your daughter's pictures I swear I can see my friend and I standing up on deck. For a while we were the only one's up there at that particualr spot. How funny!! Great pictures and I decided after watching her sail out that she was going to be my next cruise.

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

We'll be on Equinox for the June25 sailing. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos - what a great job! :eek: I feel like I've been there! Thanks so much for posting!

-Renee

Hello all,

Fantastic pictures. Thankls for sharing.....:):):)

Vov

Archived