Hotel Recommendation and taxi question. Miami

WinnieinWA

1. Can anyone give me a name of a decent hotel for one night precruise close to the port?

2. Is there anything to do in the early evening in that area ie: shops, restaurants?

3. Do you know the approximate cost of a taxi from Airport for 2 to that hotel?

Thank you so very much to anyone willing to answer any of these questions. :)

January 9 would be check in date.

Hi Winnie,

I think you would have a great time at the Intercontinental it is less than a 5 min. walk to Bayside Marketplace which has a bunch of shops and restaurants. Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami which is right across the street and it was okay but it is a 3* and the IC is a 5*. I have info. on how you can get the IC for almost exactly the same price.

I would also recommend a hotel near Bayside. There is the Intercontinental which is right near the bridge that takes you across to the cruise ship terminal (about a five minute drive) and is also in walking distance of Bayside with restaurants and small shops. Closer to Bayside is a Holiday Inn which would be less expensive than the Intercontinental.

Keith

1. Can anyone give me a name of a decent hotel for one night precruise close to the port?

2. Is there anything to do in the early evening in that area ie: shops, restaurants?

3. Do you know the approximate cost of a taxi from Airport for 2 to that hotel?

Thank you so very much to anyone willing to answer any of these questions. :)

January 9 would be check in date.

Coral Gables and Coconut Grove are so much more pleasant areas to stay in than downtown. Both have thriving shopping and dining districts that are very walkable. Downtown basically has Bayside and that is it.

Residence Inn Coconut Grove

Courtyard Marriott Coral Gables

I believe the Courtyard Marriott CG has a free airport shuttle which would save you the $25 cab ride from the airport.

Archived