Room Service cravings?

aricczona

Thank you, I am salivating over all the options. Thank god I am on an 8 day itinerary. I'm gonna need that long to try it all. Love the idea of combining a turkey sandwich with a blt,instant club! I don't get those who bash carnival food,everything on the menu seems wonderful

I don't know why people bash the food. If people want 5 star dining then they will have to pay 5 star prices. I happen to like the food (some things more than others and some not so much). If they have a rotisserie on your ship, give the Mac and Cheese a try. I love it! I ordered some in the MDR and it wasn't very good. Now I only get my Mac and Cheese fix when I'm at the rotisserie. Sorry, I didn't mean to stray from topic. The instant club sounds great! Room Service please!!!

first time cruiser in January and this thread caught my eye. Can you order something from room service that is a little different than what's printed on the menu or do you have to take it like it is printed. I really like bagels with cream cheese, bacon & tomato, but I'd be really surprised if they had that on the menu. I wouldn't mind "building" what I want if that is an option, any ideas?

Ok, my other thread dealt with favorites in the main dining room. First time cruiser here, and vacatiion memories for me are always linked to the flavors of the experience. Ive gotten lots of great entree suggestions from the group, my question now is "whats your favorite room service treat?":D

We were first time cruisers until August 1st when we spent a week on the Conquest. On our first day we were so tired that we left the MDR early to enjoy dessert in our room. We waited over an hour and a half for two cheesecakes and two cups of coffee. I had long fallen asleep but was awoken by the knock on the door. My husband answered the door and tipped them $4, retrieved our desserts and coffee, and we were glad that we wouldn't have to wait any longer.

The cheesecake was terrible, as was the coffee, and we never ordered from room service again.

Ok, my other thread dealt with favorites in the main dining room. First time cruiser here, and vacatiion memories for me are always linked to the flavors of the experience. Ive gotten lots of great entree suggestions from the group, my question now is "whats your favorite room service treat?":D

Mine is the Fajita Wrap.

First time cruiser here. How do you order breakfast? The menu someone posted says breakfast starts at 7am, but there is also a 24/7 menu. Can you order before you go to bed so that breakfast comes when you get up?

Thanks

first time cruiser in January and this thread caught my eye. Can you order something from room service that is a little different than what's printed on the menu or do you have to take it like it is printed. I really like bagels with cream cheese, bacon & tomato, but I'd be really surprised if they had that on the menu. I wouldn't mind "building" what I want if that is an option, any ideas?

I don't know the answer, but (a) it never hurts to ask, and (b) HOWDY, neighbor! Always nice to see a fellow Okie here. :D

First time cruiser here. How do you order breakfast? The menu someone posted says breakfast starts at 7am, but there is also a 24/7 menu. Can you order before you go to bed so that breakfast comes when you get up?

Thanks

There is supposed to be a card in your room that you fill out and hang on your door stating what time you want breakfast delivered. I never found it on my first cruise, and I didn't know there was supposed to be one :rolleyes: but I'll darn sure find it next time!

I don't eat from room service....if you can't wait 5 minutes for the walk to the buffet, or other dining establishment, then there's definitely a problem. I eat where I eat, and I sleep where I sleep. I don't eat where I sleep.

I don't eat from room service....if you can't wait 5 minutes for the walk to the buffet, or other dining establishment, then there's definitely a problem. I eat where I eat, and I sleep where I sleep. I don't eat where I sleep.

Well,this is vaction time,and not all establishhments are available at all hours,but room service is.since I'm on vacation,"standard"time doesn't apply. So thanks for your opinion but while you're asleep,I'm still enjoying my vacation!

My suggestion would be to order your bagels with cream cheese and also a BLT. Take the B&T off the sandwich and put it on your bagel. I do something similar for breakfast. Order a BLT and a turkey sandwich, then add the turkey to my BLT!:cool:

We were first time cruisers until August 1st when we spent a week on the Conquest. On our first day we were so tired that we left the MDR early to enjoy dessert in our room. We waited over an hour and a half for two cheesecakes and two cups of coffee. I had long fallen asleep but was awoken by the knock on the door. My husband answered the door and tipped them $4, retrieved our desserts and coffee, and we were glad that we wouldn't have to wait any longer.

The cheesecake was terrible, as was the coffee, and we never ordered from room service again.

Sweet Tea....were you that lady passenger on Jet Blue? You certainly jump at every chance to say something bad. I bet you are lots of fun to be around. I suggest you visit Outer Mongolia for you next vacation!

We did a family cruise for New Years 08/09 on the Conquest. Had two granddaughters ages 2 &7. Had early dining so later they were hungry and Nana & Pops were babysitting so every night we had sandwich parties in our room. Favorites were PBJ, Grilled cheese, turkey & cheese and BLT (for Pops). The 2 yr old liked bagels & cream cheese for her snach before breakfast while we had our coffee(connecting cabins). They thought room service was neat.

perhaps my absolute favorite (only potentially challenged by the BLT - it's hard to choose!!!) is the grilled reuben:

IMG_3982.jpg

TIP: room service sandwiches are served with chips, pretzels OR potato salad. you can specify, and if you don't, they'll give you whatever they feel like (which seems to me to be, by default, chips)... i ALWAYS specify potato salad because it's the best in my opinion...

Archived