Room Service cravings?

aricczona

Questions:

1. That photo of the BLT looked like it had mayonnaise on it. I hate mayo and on the menu it says they are served "plain" so which is it? Does it come on it automatically on it and if it does, can you request it to be left off?

2. Similar questions about the fajita and refried beans wrap. Do either of them come with sour cream (even though it's not listed, it's common to have a dollop on top of them at restaurants)? Can I get the guacamole removed from the chicken fajita?

I'm just too picky, that's why I've always been scared to order these.

Last time I put the card out for my breakfast, I specifically requested Raspberry danish only, but they put an assortment which I didn't eat. I don't want to be wasteful. If I can't order what I want, I don't want to bother with it. That's the last time I ordered room service (several years ago). It would be nice to know a few things I could get which I wouldn't be disappointed in. That BLT did look good, except for the mayo.

Questions: 1. That photo of the BLT looked like it had mayonnaise on it. I hate mayo and on the menu it says they are served "plain" so which is it? Does it come on it automatically on it and if it does, can you request it to be left off?

nope - didn't come w/ mayo... if you look at where you can see little bits of white on the sandwich, it's where i came into contact with the potato salad...

i moved the sandwich, because by day 6 when i took the picture, i was putting more effort into 'staging' - i moved the sandwich ;)

2. Similar questions about the fajita and refried beans wrap. Do either of them come with sour cream (even though it's not listed, it's common to have a dollop on top of them at restaurants)? Can I get the guacamole removed from the chicken fajita?

no idea, never ordered that one.

nope - didn't come w/ mayo... if you look at where you can see little bits of white on the sandwich, it's where i came into contact with the potato salad...

Thanks. I just read the old thread concerning room service (link was posted on here) and there were people saying that even though it said "plain" that theirs DID come with mayo. I guess I will specify that I want mine without. I think I might order one for breakfast. From what I understand, the sandwich menu is available 24 hrs.

I don't eat from room service....if you can't wait 5 minutes for the walk to the buffet, or other dining establishment, then there's definitely a problem. I eat where I eat, and I sleep where I sleep. I don't eat where I sleep.

Good thing you never lived in a studio apartment,lol. It's not really about laziness its about convenience and not getting dressed in the morning. Also the fun of a midnight snack in your room on vacation.

OK..you BLT people are just killing me..definitely looks good on last photo..I see they are good and better..man I do not let myself have many..but ith the limited Room Service menu..they are by far the perfect too tired meal for me!!! LOVE Them..hey wonder if one could get that for B-Fast..Hmmm..ajn.

and... tied for first place as far as i'm concerned (with the aforementioned and pictured reuben)...

the BLT!!!

IMG_5352.jpg

YUMMY!!! :cool:

Wow, pictures definitely increase the cravings! Those all look great! I will keep in mind to specify the potato salad, chips just dont seem special enough.

Wow, pictures definitely increase the cravings! Those all look great! I will keep in mind to specify the potato salad, chips just dont seem special enough.

Yea get the potato salad...or ask for both! Sometimes the chips have been stale...the next time they were fine..hit n miss with the chips! lol!

I will vary my choices, and hopefully get the best of the day. I'm so excited about this trip and the food. I appreciate the efforts of the kitchen staff. I'm not trained as a chef, wish I was...but I am amazed at the quality the ship staff is able to produce based on the quantity that is needed. Will get a better feeel for it when I tour the galley. Booked the chef's table, cant wait to see where it is all coming from.

I will vary my choices, and hopefully get the best of the day. I'm so excited about this trip and the food. I appreciate the efforts of the kitchen staff. I'm not trained as a chef, wish I was...but I am amazed at the quality the ship staff is able to produce based on the quantity that is needed. Will get a better feeel for it when I tour the galley. Booked the chef's table, cant wait to see where it is all coming from.

You share my love of food. It's the centerpiece of the cruise for me. Might sound stupid to many, but man oh man I love me some food!

You share my love of food. It's the centerpiece of the cruise for me. Might sound stupid to many, but man oh man I love me some food!

It truly is the BEST value of a cruise. I live in in Phoenix, and visit Vegas often. Believe me food of this quality is worth WAY more than the price of a cruise. The fact that is is unlimited quantity OMG: no brainer...Thanks Carnival. Thats why we love you!

BLT on rye + tuna on English muffin

Put tuna on BLT

That's my favorite! (even though I hate wasting the English muffin..)

Never thought of that..like both..not sure i'd like mixed but interesting..sjn.

Archived