Room Service cravings?

aricczona

Great info CJ Wild...I have similar tastes and cant wait to try all of these items! God I'm gonna have to put in some serious treadmill time in the next 2 weeks! Not to mention on board! They may be able to power the azipods off my treadmill to burn off these treats!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
My GF swears by the lox and bagels i think we do it 3 times a cruise with our Am coffee on the balcony That gives her more time to get ready as im an early riser and wake up hungry:D

YUM! had room service once and loved the bagel lox and cream cheese!!

ordered the roast beef and brie the lst full day so we would have something to eat while we waited to disembark

Ok, my other thread dealt with favorites in the main dining room. First time cruiser here, and vacatiion memories for me are always linked to the flavors of the experience. Ive gotten lots of great entree suggestions from the group, my question now is "whats your favorite room service treat?":D

BLT is our favorite. We come back from excurisions shower, and have BLTs. They are awesome. I also love the cheese danish.

• 7 months later...

I enjoyed getting the blt and also the turkey sandwich. Once our friends that went with us wanted a turkey sandwich with the blt on it, but didn't know he could order both. He kept ordering just the turkey sandwich until we told him he could order both after saying "how hard could it be to put the blt stuff on the turkey sandwich" LOL!

I love ordering the desserts too! I don't really care for the cheesecake, although it is much more edible than RCL's!

All I can say right now, is that I will be taking lots and lots of 1.00 dollar bills with me (no 2.00 bills:D), and that I will be trying lots of new things from the room service menu for lunch, and snacks! I dont mind having lunch at the Lido buffet, but dont like it every day. So I will be trying some new things from the room service menu. Cruise coming up in 6 weeks!:)

Let's see... on separate occasions, we've ordered PBJ on toasted rye with potato chips, BLT (definitely extra B!) on toasted rye with potato chips, and grilled cheese with potato chips.

Room service breakfast for us consists of 1 tomato juice (me), one OJ (DH), rye toast with guava jelly, and coffee. We usually bring on board with us Hazelnut International Creamer - it makes the coffee on board very tolerable. Oh and we usually carry our own splenda, as they never give us enough!

We'll have to try the smoked salmon platter - sounds like something up our alley!

I was just reviewing this thread since my countdown clock has finally reached 30 days, I am SO looking forward to some great ,midnight snacks, not to mention sunrises on the balcony with my first cup of coffee.

Every night on my last two cruises (usually around midnight) I ordered a Fruit Plate, Chocolate Cake, and Hot Tea. It's great while you're sitting around watching tv and talking. I think Room Service Chocolate Cake is better than anything I have found on the Lido...yummy! I will have my first balcony on my next cruise so I might have to order this for breakfast. Have a GREAT cruise and let me know how you like your balcony!

Every night on my last two cruises (usually around midnight) I ordered a Fruit Plate, Chocolate Cake, and Hot Tea. It's great while you're sitting around watching tv and talking. I think Room Service Chocolate Cake is better than anything I have found on the Lido...yummy! I will have my first balcony on my next cruise so I might have to order this for breakfast. Have a GREAT cruise and let me know how you like your balcony!

Thank you, I am salivating over all the options. Thank god I am on an 8 day itinerary. I'm gonna need that long to try it all. Love the idea of combining a turkey sandwich with a blt,instant club! I don't get those who bash carnival food,everything on the menu seems wonderful

Well, at home I never eat after 7PM if I can help it. But of course, on the cruise all bets are off. So we order pastries and tea late at night after all of the merriment . . . they always send a nice assortment plate. Sometimes they will say "we only have this from the main dining room left or that from the buffet" and we say just send a mixture and sometimes we get three full desserts that were served at dinner. Be sure to always order anything you want like 6 sugars or extra cream. I used to be a sugar freak with my tea and they always sent just 1. (Note . . . I have cut 6 down to 0 . . . pretty good, yes?) We also have learned that you CAN ask nicely for something not on the menu . . . and if you get a nice person on the phone you might just get it. Then we surely tip even more! I recently got a great tip from these boards that somehow had escaped me before . . . even if you don't want to order breakfast, you can put the breakfast order card out requesting just coffee and cream, etc. and what time you want it delivered. #1 it will save DH from having to go up to the Lido for coffee to have with his shower and shave and #2 it will act as a wake up call on port days just to be safe (since DH is usually up ungodly early anyway but better safe than sorry)! The best room service I ever had tho was on Princess where you can order this special brunch for two to be served on your balcony. DH went deep sea fishing and I had the meal all alone served by . . . count em . . . 3 waiters who poured and served and cleared and cleaned before and after each course. It was heaven . . . yes, you pay for it BUT it was not expensive . . . I believe it was 25.00 total at the time and of course it was way too much food for one. But it was WORTH it! Awesome food and awesome service and I felt totally spoiled. Wish Carnival had it too. I believe it was called the ultimate balcony breakfast and believe they did a dinner too. Just an idea for you Carnival!

Archived