Eurodam vs. Nieuw Amsterdam

elycelynne

In fact, I'm not all that familiar with the Eurodam. It's just that occasionally a cruiseline will see something that they could have done differently or better with their earlier builds in a certain class and will improve or change it in their later builds. For example, the one thing that comes to mind is that on Royal Caribbean's "Brilliance-class ships", their first two ships have shower curtains in their bathrooms, but their later two have curved glass doors.

So I was just wondering if there were any "tweaks" from the Eurodam to the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Wasn't there a report that the so-called "Rev Step" was replaced with a ramp? :confused:

Ruth,

That "Rev Step" was among the stupidest things I've seen !

And SOOOOO foreseeable that it should not have ever been there.

I've had to guess that it was one of those things discovered during construction where two parts didn't exactly match up the way they were supposed to.

Solution: "Let's just make a step here, no one will notice"

Even I got tripped up by it more than once.

Yes, a ramp would be a MUCH better "fix"

r.

PS: I got a box of chocolates for Christmas :p (I'm sure you've gotten DOZENS)

I was just on Eurodam 2 weeks ago. What is the "Rev Step" please?:confused:

There is an area of the Lido restaurant that is raised above the deck level of the rest of that dining room. Instead of a ramp, there's a step to get up there. It's dangerous, as you don't expect it, won't necessarily see it, and can trip over it.

If you're lucky all you get is embarrassed. If you're not lucky, you can get seriously injured. And you won't be the first.

If it's still there, I'm surprised at it's longevity.

Confirmation it's still there was posted a couple of days ago. I'm not surprised it's still there. I think the ship would need to be out of service, as in a wetdock, to replace the steps with ramps. To change the set-up with passengers sailing on her would be too disruptive.

Confirmation it's still there was posted a couple of days ago. I'm not surprised it's still there. I think the ship would need to be out of service, as in a wetdock, to replace the steps with ramps. To change the set-up with passengers sailing on her would be too disruptive.

Or we could bring some sledgehammers with us ... :D ;)

Ruth & Vic,

Since there is still access to that area of the Lido via other means, I would think they could just rope off each of these hazards one by one and bring out their own sledge hammers until they are pounded into ramps.

{as long as the pounding isn't done during breakfast or lunch. Hey, we gotta be specific!}

I'd even accept cut & weld. It will be covered with carpeting anyway.

JMHO

r.

Archived