Wheelhouse bar & Fish and Chips ?

sweet

You beat me to it again.

The Pub Lunches on Star for our 30 day voyage were not held in the Wheelhouse due to the overwhelming popularity. They were held in the Steakhouse where it was in closer proximity to a kitchen/galley thus allowing for serving of hot food.

Pub lunch choices also include Shepherd's Pie, Bangers 7 Mash, Ploughman's Lunch and yes, Fish and Chips.

Generally service starts at 1130hrs ship time and runs til 1330hrs.

Hope this helps.

Ciao for now!!!

You beat me to it again.

The Pub Lunches on Star for our 30 day voyage were not held in the Wheelhouse due to the overwhelming popularity. They were held in the Steakhouse where it was in closer proximity to a kitchen/galley thus allowing for serving of hot food.

Pub lunch choices also include Shepherd's Pie, Bangers 7 Mash, Ploughman's Lunch and yes, Fish and Chips.

Generally service starts at 1130hrs ship time and runs til 1330hrs.

Hope this helps.

Ciao for now!!!

Yes but I knew you would follow with the intimate details. :D

On the Emerald last Sept/Oct the pub lunch was held on sea days in the Wheelhouse. The fish was batter dipped cod and very good. They will serve it without mushy peas if asked. :D

Thank goodness for that ;):D:)

The Wheelhouse is never open for lunch unless they are doing the Pub lunch. Also, not every ship uses the Wheelhouse for those lunches. Coral uses the Bayou.

That's what I said. The Wheelhouse is open for lunch ONLY on sea days and those are the only days the Pub lunch is served.

PIA,

I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I have been on five Caribbean cruises on Princess and I can only speak for the cruises I have been on. The Pub Lunch on those have only been on sea days. But, they are still awesome!

Yes Gus, the pub lunches are only on sea days, but again, not all sea days have pub lunches. Especially on the longer cruises, one of which I just disembarked. We had lots of sea days but only two pub lunches during our 15 night cruise.

Quote: On the Emerald last Sept/Oct the pub lunch was held on sea days in the Wheelhouse. The fish was batter dipped cod and very good. They will serve it without mushy peas if asked. :D

Originally Posted by jajohnson

Thank goodness for that ;):D:)

Had mushy peas on our last cruise for the first time. Almost didn't order them because, well, they sounded yucky...turns out I asked for a second serving!

Loved the pub lunch. Enjoyed the fish 'n chips (and the mushy peas;)) along with a draft beer. There was also a trio playing some great music. All in all a fabulous lunch. Looking forward to trying it again on our upcoming cruise.

Not all sea days have pub lunches.

I guess that depends on the ship and length of sailing then. Our last four 7 day Caribbean cruises, have had the Pub lunch on the 2 sea days. One only has to read the Patter to see when/where/if the Pub lunch is being offered. Besides, it's not as good as everyone seems to think it is. We peeled off 2 inches of thick batter to get to a little strip of fish and the Bangers and Mash were just awful. I did like the Shepard's pie and the fries though.

Edited by WeBeGone