transportation from cruise terminal to airport at Buenos Aires

LeeWalker

We were there in early March.  At the airport there is a Taxi line.  Before the line you go to a kiosk and put in all the information. (were you are going, how many people, how much luggage and cash or credit card.)  You will get a receipt with price.  Then you get in line.  There is a workman that will make sure the driver will take you for the agreed upon price.  We went from the ship to the local airport.  It was about $6 USD and we tipped the driver the $6.  You can also book a private car.  From the International Airport (EZE) to the cruise port was about $25.

I am guessing that you have already booked your airfare.  If not, Buenos Aires is a wonderful city.  Also, if you can squeeze in three extra nights, Iguazu Falls is spectacular.

We are heading back to Buesos Aires in January 2021 for an Antarctica trip.  (hopefully)  We enjoyed BA so much we booked an extra two nights before our pre-cruise included night.

What ship are you on and are you doing a South America cruise or Antarctica?  Or something else?

On 9/26/2020 at 4:36 PM, Sunseeker1001 said:

Please explain to me the difference and reliability of taxi and the radio taxi.  Does radio taxi mean I simply call the taxi from the airport?   I do not speak Spanish 😉

You arrange for the taxi-   Inside the airport.  You pay at the counter,  they give you a ticket and tell you where to go.   Be advised that anyone who takes your bag is going to “insist “ on a tip.  🤩.    Start your own post I’d suggest.     

You state you want a tour.   Find that vendor-  and have them pick you up at the airport.   

I simply take Tienda Leon bus.   🤩.   

On 9/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Rami077 said:

I have read in several places that US citizens can not fly to Argentina.  We have a Jan 2, 2021 cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago.   The cruise line still has not cancelled this cruise.

AFAIK both Argentina and Chile are still closed to US citizens.

On 9/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, Sunseeker1001 said:

Suggestions for MUST see places in Buenos Aires.

Please google or otherwise research that. BA is fantastic. The "Paris of South America." Fantastic food. Of course Recoleta Cemetary. But really get a book or otherwise research it. It's so wonderful.

On 9/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, Sunseeker1001 said:

All of these posts are YEARS ago.   We will be arriving at the EZE airport on Jan 8 at just before noon.   Our ship leaves 7 p.m.  We would like to arrange for a pick-up at the airport and a city tour prior to being delivered to the ship.   Does anyone have any recommendations of how to do this and with what transportation company?

It truly makes me sad that you won't be able to spend several days in BA. Could you change your air without penalty. It's such a wonderful city.

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Sunseeker1001 said:

All of these posts are YEARS ago.   We will be arriving at the EZE airport on Jan 8 at just before noon.   Our ship leaves 7 p.m.  We would like to arrange for a pick-up at the airport and a city tour prior to being delivered to the ship.   Does anyone have any recommendations of how to do this and with what transportation company?

In January 2020 we did a similar thing.  We arranged transportation and a city tour with Defrantur tours.  Highly recommend.  

• 2 months later...

We used Tangol Tours for our transfer from the hotel to the cruise port, so I don't see any reason why the company could not pick you up from the port and take you to the hotel.  You can get in touch with Leonardo Liebert of Tangol Tours and ask him about a transfer.  We found others on CC who were willing to share the transfer with us and perhaps you could find others who are going to the airport who would be willing to share the transfer with you.  Contact consultas@tangol.com and see if they do transfers from the port to the airport.  I would be surprised if they don't.  Hope this helps.

Barb