On-Line Documents

Rudolph38

I understand that we now have to get tickets and baggage tags on-line and then print them out. Is that true? If so, does HAL send anything by regular mail now? In the past we have gotten a packet with all those documents. What do they do with people who don't have access to a computer and/or printer?

Rudy

You don't have to print baggage tags if you don't want to. When you arrive at the pier the porters will have plenty of baggage tags which you can complete (takes but a minute) then.

You also really don't need to print up any "documents" either. Feel free to print up the single check-in page, but if you don't have it you shouldn't be turned away. What you need most is your booking number.

You don't have to print baggage tags if you don't want to. When you arrive at the pier the porters will have plenty of baggage tags which you can complete (takes but a minute) then.

You also really don't need to print up any "documents" either. Feel free to print up the single check-in page, but if you don't have it you shouldn't be turned away. What you need most is your booking number.

Recently we didn't even need our booking number, the agent just asked for our passports, last name and cabin number. I brought the paperwork with me but never used it.

The paper tags worked just fine, even in the rain we had. We asked the bellman to staple them to the luggage when we left our hotel.

Just print the Boarding Pass. It is all you really need. Unless you want the whole cruise contract, you don't need to print it all.

As posted above, the stevedores at the port have plenty of baggage tags. The new tags only ask for name and cabin number. Takes but a minute to complete them and attach.

I also bring my printed itinerary with me. I like to refer to it so I know which day we're going to be where, rather than waiting to see it the night before on the daily program. My most recent cruise in November, I got the baggage tags from the porter who then took my bags to the ship. Only took seconds to print my name and cabin number on the tags.

HAL discontinued sending out documents back in September for cruises beginning after the 25th of that month.

You can request to have them sent to you -- $25.

I just printed out the first page of the 8 or so pages of the e-mail documents -- I don't need all that information about the contract, etc.

For those that don't have a computer -- your TA can do it for you -- or you can go to the library and do it there.

I also bring my printed itinerary with me. I like to refer to it so I know which day we're going to be where' date=' rather than waiting to see it the night before on the daily program. My most recent cruise in November, I got the baggage tags from the porter who then took my bags to the ship. Only took seconds to print my name and cabin number on the tags.[/quote']

The daily program that is on the counter in your cabin when you arrive lists the cruise itinerary and dress code for every night. I save that first program to refer to the whole cruise. That gives the order of our ports if I don't remember them off the top of my head. :)

The daily program that is on the counter in your cabin when you arrive lists the cruise itinerary and dress code for every night.

There's also a shore excursion order form which lists the ports, and the times in those ports (as well as tender/dock info). That can be used to keep track of itinerary, too.

The daily program that is on the counter in your cabin when you arrive lists the cruise itinerary and dress code for every night. I save that first program to refer to the whole cruise. That gives the order of our ports if I don't remember them off the top of my head. :)

The new Daily Program that is in your cabin when you arrive on the first day no longer lists the dress code for each night of the cruise.

They could be using a computer at a public library or internet cafe to book. Or they could use a friends computer.

I think the OP's question was asked out of curiosity.

To answer the OP's question, TA's can complete the on-line check in for their clients.

Our TA knows that we have a couple of computers -- but she received the e-mail 50 days prior to our last cruises that it was time to fill out the immigration form. We had also received the e-mail. We got it early in the morning and had completed everything by the time she called us. She also said that she could print them out for us if we had any problems. Very nice of her.

The new Daily Program that is in your cabin when you arrive on the first day no longer lists the dress code for each night of the cruise.

Yes, it does.

We had the new style program on Westerdam and like always listed the daily dress code for the whole cruise. I have it in my hand and am looking at it.

We did not need the printed boarding pass on our cruise Dec 4th. The check in person just wanted our name and passports and credit card. But the credit card charged on board was mine which I used to pay for the cruise not DH's which is the one we gave them at check in. Not that it matters but I thought that was interesting. I was the major name on the account, I guess since my credit card paid for the whole cruise even though I had used his when doing the online immigration forms etc.

Barbara

Archived