Carnival transfers from MIA to Port of Miami

MT Cruiser

Ok so who's taken the Carnival transfer from Miami airport to the Port of Miami? Does it take forever to load and unload or do they take your bags direct to your ship so that you can just get in line for Embarkation? Also we get in the night before so do I have to fudge on when I'm really getting in order for them to pick us up at the airport?

Usually we do the flat rate cab ride which works out fantastic however this time around we've got our 6 month old. If anyone knows of a better way to get our infant down to the port via a taxi or whatever I'd love to know. We've been told she has to have a car seat which we won't have with us.

Thanks!

I didn't like the transfer purchased from Carnival. We got to the airport early enough that we had to sit around waiting for the first transfer to leave, then after boarding the bus, and the bus being full, we had to wait a bit while the one lone bus driver loaded all of our luggage (i would have gladly put my own under the bus, but he told us to leave it!).

once we were at the port, we had to wait inside the bus for the lone driver to unload our luggage while a bunch of carnival luggage guys were just standing around. once our luggage was off, we were allowed to get off, grab our luggage, walk a few feet and hand it off to the carnival guys, who then insisted we tip them!! (seriously, they got in our face about it--i didn't want to tip them considering the bus driver did all the work).

needless to say, we took a taxi from the port to the airport after the cruise. if you can find a way to do this, do it!

once we were at the port, we had to wait inside the bus for the lone driver to unload our luggage while a bunch of carnival luggage guys were just standing around. once our luggage was off, we were allowed to get off, grab our luggage, walk a few feet and hand it off to the carnival guys, who then insisted we tip them!! (seriously, they got in our face about it--i didn't want to tip them considering the bus driver did all the work).

We had a bus driver who announced that he expected a tip. Most people complied.

Just to clarify, the bus driver must unload the luggage before the porters at the pier touch the bags. They weren't "bunch of carnival luggage guys" standing around...they were longshoremen. After all, they have to move your bags atbout 20 feet to the cages....and then put out a hand to you for a well earned tip.

David

Taking the cruiselines shutte--you wait til the bus is full, then arrive at the pier with the masses.

Take a cab--save money and keep your sanity. Arrive at the pier before at least 85 other people who will be in line BEHIND you

Ok so who's taken the Carnival transfer from Miami airport to the Port of Miami? Does it take forever to load and unload or do they take your bags direct to your ship so that you can just get in line for Embarkation? Also we get in the night before so do I have to fudge on when I'm really getting in order for them to pick us up at the airport?

Usually we do the flat rate cab ride which works out fantastic however this time around we've got our 6 month old. If anyone knows of a better way to get our infant down to the port via a taxi or whatever I'd love to know. We've been told she has to have a car seat which we won't have with us.

Thanks!

I think your best bet, because you have the infant, is to get a car service that can provide you with a car seat. I doubt that it will be any more than the Carnival transfer, and you have the peace of mind.

Archived