Fantasy Dated?

OfcSupport

Can someone that's been on the Fantasy recently tell me if they think the decor seemed dated. Several years ago we were on the Celebration and it was awful. I know they've renovated some of the ship but do you get the feeling you are definately on an old ship? Thanks.

Can someone that's been on the Fantasy recently tell me if they think the decor seemed dated. Several years ago we were on the Celebration and it was awful. I know they've renovated some of the ship but do you get the feeling you are definately on an old ship? Thanks.

Dated? Hardly. We've sailed the Fantasy both before and after the Evolutions of Fun upgrade and we really like the adult serenity area. Clean and well maintained ship.

And, in a few days, we'll do it again!:D

I'm sure someone's mentioned it but the ship went through an extensive dry dock just over a year ago. She looks great.

I sailed on her just under a year ago and I was very happy with both the condition and the looks of the ship!

:)

Too be honest, the Fantasy has been my FAVORITE ship that I've sailed on out of all my Carnival cruises. Valor is a close second. The Serenity deck is great and the entire cruise staff was AMAZING! I also loved the new water park area. I would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

I am a one time cruiser...so far;)

The Fantasy was my first and I love that ship.

I am hoping the Triumph (in 2 weeks) and Elation will

not be a big let down after having been on the Fantasy.

My wife keeps telling me that we need to try different ships

and this and that, but If the Fantasy was still in NOLA or Mobile,

I would happily stay with that ship as long as I could.

Did I mention that I Loved the Fantasy?:D

Thanks for the pics-you can see the new updates-I like the new woven look chairs-I did not like those white plastic chairs-my DH and I love sitting on the back of the boat with a cup of coffee in the evenings and the serenity area looks great! We were on the Fantasy pre update and enjoyed it so when we sail in June it will just be better!!!

Thanks everyone. I love this site. Really appreciate the photos Host Mach.

I read the most recent reviews of the ship and several people commented about it being dated. This was the only reason I questioned it.

We were on the Norwegian Spirit last summer. It's a little older ship but it was fine for us. Never felt old to me. It didn't have all the bells and whistles that we had on the Adventure of the Seas that we had previously cruised on but we loved her and still had a wonderful time.

Gotta start making my plans. :)

I am a one time cruiser...so far;)

The Fantasy was my first and I love that ship.

I am hoping the Triumph (in 2 weeks) and Elation will

not be a big let down after having been on the Fantasy.

My wife keeps telling me that we need to try different ships

and this and that, but If the Fantasy was still in NOLA or Mobile,

I would happily stay with that ship as long as I could.

Did I mention that I Loved the Fantasy?:D

I can understand your thinking. We have found that every ship has it's special place with us. There will be nothing like the first time... not so much in regards to what the ship offers (or the crew..or the ports...etc) but the first time is unique.

Each class of ship has it's own special features. For us, the Fantasy class is the size (bigger is not always better) and the fantail. On the Conquest class (yeah I know the Triumph is not really in this class but close), its the sleek lines and all the balconies. The Spirit class its the smaller size again and we just love the layout on this ship. Anyway I think you get the point.

Let us know what you think after you cruise.

I sailed Fantasy twice (the 2nd time she replaced the ship we were supposed to have - whichever one went to NOLA after Katrina).

I thought the decor was like a bad 70s acid trip. :eek:

Sailed Elation next and was amazed at the difference using more subdued colors could make!

And trust me - I don't pick a ship based on decor. I pick an itinerary and price, and take whatever ship comes along with that.

But I've been wondering if they redid the interior colors since then and was hoping they had during dry dock.

I love the Fantasy class. I don't need bigger with more people. I could navigate a Fantasy-class ship blindfolded. I know where all my favorite spots are (although I haven't sailed one that has the Serenity area - I'm guessing that would be my new favorite area).

Some current interior pics of Fantasy would be nice to look at.

I sailed Fantasy twice (the 2nd time she replaced the ship we were supposed to have - whichever one went to NOLA after Katrina).

I thought the decor was like a bad 70s acid trip. :eek:

Sailed Elation next and was amazed at the difference using more subdued colors could make!

And trust me - I don't pick a ship based on decor. I pick an itinerary and price, and take whatever ship comes along with that.

But I've been wondering if they redid the interior colors since then and was hoping they had during dry dock.

I love the Fantasy class. I don't need bigger with more people. I could navigate a Fantasy-class ship blindfolded. I know where all my favorite spots are (although I haven't sailed one that has the Serenity area - I'm guessing that would be my new favorite area).

Some current interior pics of Fantasy would be nice to look at.

When were you last on the Fantasy?

Maybe I should have been clearer. Decor is subjective. I don't care if it's modern, traditional, flashy, etc. I wanted to make sure the furnishings themselves weren't old, had a musty smell, etc. Kind of like walking into a house from the 70's that has never been updated with the old orange and brown spotted wallpaper with the avocado appliances. Thanks.

I sailed her on consecutive sailings (04 & 06). That's why I was looking for photos of the interior.

Just wondering if she is slightly less "fantastical" (color-wise) since she's been re-done.

I don't look for/notice wear & tear much on ships. I expect the Fantasy-class ships to have more because of their age. I still love them and hope to sail them all before I'm done.

Archived