A royal mistake.

wl2cruise

I went on a cruise in early 2009 put money down on a next future cruise,which gives me onboard credit. I picked my future cruise gave the reservation number to my travel agent we first where going to get to interior rooms found out that it was cheaper to get a junior suite instead.

So now I am onboard and find out that I have no onboard credit. Guest relations on the ship tells me to contact my travel agent or royal caribbean's main office in Miami. So I get home and call RCI and they say that my travel agent cancelled my next cruise booking so that forfeits my 200 deposit and my 100 dollar onboard credit and there nothing that can be done. So much for being a diamond member in there crown and anchor program that they need to steal 200 dollars from a returning guest.

Travel agent calls RCI rep says he told them to combine the reservations not to cancel the booking just switch from 2 interior rooms to a jr suite. RCI rep tells him there is nothing that he can do even if we are diamond members! He ask to speak to a supervisor and he tells him no that this is as far as it goes!

Why is royal caribbean screwing there most loyal guest who only sail with them?

Your booking number should have been the number from the next cruise booking in order to keep the benefits of it, was it? If not then yes you in fact cancelled the next cruise. Your TA should talk to resolutions not the regular customer service dept.

Well it seems to me that your TA dropped the ball on this one. Your TA should have explained to you that you cannot combine two next cruise certificates for one reservation. You can only have the OBC from ONE certificate per room and since you only had one room then you only get one OBC of $100. Now once it was done the TA should have noticed that the booking number had changed and contacted RCI to have this fixed. Unfortunately you did not have a very good TA so you lost out on the OBC. Also if you got the balcony discount than you can not also have the OBC.

Well it seems to me that your TA dropped the ball on this one. Your TA should have explained to you that you cannot combine two next cruise certificates for one reservation. You can only have the OBC from ONE certificate per room and since you only had one room then you only get one OBC of $100. Now once it was done the TA should have noticed that the booking number had changed and contacted RCI to have this fixed. Unfortunately you did not have a very good TA so you lost out on the OBC. Also if you got the balcony discount than you can not also have the OBC.

Agreed! Your TA should have known that the benefits can no longer be combined.

###

And if the Next Cruise booking number was from the year 2008.....then what would the pax be entitled to???:rolleyes:

Remember, the "non combinable" rule started January 1st, 2009.

SueL and company.......would love to hear from you on this one!!:)

Rick

And if the Next Cruise booking number was from the year 2008.....then what would the pax be entitled to???:rolleyes:

Rick

He said he cruised in 2009 so the new rules were in effect, but not sure what everyone is talking about combining. I read it as they had two interiors and decided to instead get one JS .

It is not clear if they had one or two next cruise options.

If both rooms had the next cruise then yes if they used only one they would have forfeited the other if they just cancelled the booking. If they in fact had two then they should have used the one for this cruise and with the other booked a way off distant cruise to keep the next cruise alive and then moved it indefinitely until they were ready to use it.

Hope the OP comes back to clarify

Rick

Rick, if the Next Cruise booking was booked before 1/1/09 they would have received both credits. At first RCI said no, however changed their mind.

Since the OP booked his NC after the policy change he is not eligible.

We booked our NC in 2007 and received both credits during our 2009 cruise.

###

Rick, if the Next Cruise booking was booked before 1/1/09 they would have received both credits. At first RCI said no, however changed their mind.

###

You NEVER to my knowledge could combine two next cruises into one booking, is that what you were saying you were allowed to do?

You NEVER to my knowledge could combine two next cruises into one booking, is that what you were saying you were allowed to do?

Sue, I read that the OP was under the impression that he would receive the Next Cruise credit in addition to the C&A Balcony discount. Perhaps I read wrong.

###

Sue, I read that the OP was under the impression that he would receive the Next Cruise credit in addition to the C&A Balcony discount. Perhaps I read wrong.

###

No, I read it as he was looking for the obc from the next cruises, two if I read it right. I wish they would come back and clarify.

Well....the $200 should have come off the deposit amount. Whether it was the deposit for the interior or the JS, the deposit should have been $200 less than actual when s/he booked. They didn't "re-deposit" for the JS.

They may not have been eligible for any OBC, and none would be provided if they did indeed take the balcony discount off of the reservation pricing. And yes, the booking number should have remained the same.

My opinion only...if I understand what occurred.:)

###

Actually, I was asking a question.....within the OP's question......for myself.

I just used one of my 2008 Next Cruise bookings for an upcoming cruise.

What am I entitled to???:)

I know what I was entitled to .........in 2008.

Rick

Rick

Oh sorry Rick, misunderstood. You are entitled to exactly what you were in 2008 since you are grandfathered in to the old rules. You may need to "inform" RCCL of the fact, though.;):D

Rick

You can combine benefits on those old Next Cruises, Rick... We're leaving for Serenade tomorrow. It's one of our last cruises using a 2008 NC and we got them all.

I bought next cruise booking on the mariner 2-22-09 sailing.

This is only one next cruise booking. I at first had the TA reserve 2 interior connecting rooms with 4 total guest wife and 2 DD and I. One week later I found a aft js to be cheaper for the four of us then the 2 interior rooms. My TA says he told the RCI to combine the reservation into the js. RCI claims TA cancelled the next cruise booking number, TA says RCI cancelled and was not supposed she was to combine the and keep the next cruise booking number, and I loose out not only 100 onboard credit but the 200 dollars i gave then for the next cruise booking.

I bought next cruise booking on the mariner 2-22-09 sailing.

This is only one next cruise booking. I at first had the TA reserve 2 interior connecting rooms with 4 total guest wife and 2 DD and I. One week later I found a aft js to be cheaper for the four of us then the 2 interior rooms. My TA says he told the RCI to combine the reservation into the js. RCI claims TA cancelled the next cruise booking number, TA says RCI cancelled and was not supposed she was to combine the and keep the next cruise booking number, and I loose out not only 100 onboard credit but the 200 dollars i gave then for the next cruise booking.

thanks for clarifying. There is a history on the booking. Even if the TA wasn't totally savvy on the next cruise process the person on RCCL's end should have been and told the TA what need to be done to insure your benefits were honored. It states right on the booking your benefits and it would have been seen when this combining happened. You need to contact resolutions. Do you still have your paperwork for the next cruise? Copy at least?

thanks for clarifying. There is a history on the booking. Even if the TA wasn't totally savvy on the next cruise process the person on RCCL's end should have been and told the TA what need to be done to insure your benefits were honored. It states right on the booking your benefits and it would have been seen when this combining happened. You need to contact resolutions. Do you still have your paperwork for the next cruise? Copy at least?

TA has copy of paperwork.

Rick

And you're entitled to the 2008 benefits. RCI initially said you couldn't combine any Next Cruise OBC with other benefits, but then (in 2009) changed their minds to allow pre-2009 NC bookings to have all the combined benefits. So you can have the Diamond discount and shareholder OBC along with your NC OBC.

I have one more 2008 "golden" reservation for a Monarch sailing that we won't be taking. I have to transfer it to keep the combinable benefits.

I can't even speculate on the OP's issues because I'm not clear what exactly happened.

You can combine benefits on those old Next Cruises, Rick... We're leaving for Serenade tomorrow. It's one of our last cruises using a 2008 NC and we got them all.

Thanks Ellen!! Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

Bobbie and I have a couple of more that we will use up before the year is over!

Rick

Then resolutions should be able to look at the history of the original booking number and see exactly how it got cancelled. Good luck and let us know what happens.

I myself called C&A and the lovely lady in there said it was cancelled, not by whom or why it was cancelled but to get the TA involved to get it resolved, So I did that and he called me back and said the rep said sorry but the deposit and onboard credit are forfeited and it ends with him. I will call him tomorrow and have him try the resolutions desk thanks for the help. I will you all know what happens or doesn't happen.

I myself called C&A and the lovely lady in there said it was cancelled, not by whom or why it was cancelled but to get the TA involved to get it resolved, So I did that and he called me back and said the rep said sorry but the deposit and onboard credit are forfeited and it ends with him. I will call him tomorrow and have him try the resolutions desk thanks for the help. I will you all know what happens or doesn't happen.

Again this really sounds like the TA dropped the ball and the TA knows it but may not admit it.:rolleyes: As soon as the TA changed the reservation they should have noticed that the reservation number changed and called to have it corrected. My guess is that the TA never asked that the booking number be kept for the JS reservation and just cancelled the NC reservation so lost your OBC. I am curious.......did you receive the $200 diamond discount for your reservation. IF so......then you would not have received the OBC but your deposit amounts should have been applied to your JS reservation. Did you not notice before the cruise that the original $200 deposit wasn't applied to your JS reservation? This should have alerted you to the error. It doesn't sound like your TA is being very helpful which implies to me that it was his mistake and he simply won't take ownership of his mistake.:rolleyes:

While there are many good TAs out there this seems to be a BAD one. I would call your TA and tell them to arrange a conference call between you the TA and RCI and then you will be able to question both and find out who really dropped the ball. Good luck!:)

I went on a cruise in early 2009 put money down on a next future cruise,which gives me onboard credit. I picked my future cruise gave the reservation number to my travel agent we first where going to get to interior rooms found out that it was cheaper to get a junior suite instead.

So now I am onboard and find out that I have no onboard credit. Guest relations on the ship tells me to contact my travel agent or royal caribbean's main office in Miami. So I get home and call RCI and they say that my travel agent cancelled my next cruise booking so that forfeits my 200 deposit and my 100 dollar onboard credit and there nothing that can be done. So much for being a diamond member in there crown and anchor program that they need to steal 200 dollars from a returning guest.

Travel agent calls RCI rep says he told them to combine the reservations not to cancel the booking just switch from 2 interior rooms to a jr suite. RCI rep tells him there is nothing that he can do even if we are diamond members! He ask to speak to a supervisor and he tells him no that this is as far as it goes!

Why is royal caribbean screwing there most loyal guest who only sail with them?

Seems to me that this is a TA error.... Royal had nothing to do with it, why should they compensate.

They only do what your agent asks them to do.

Be upset with her...she should have known better.

It does sound a bit confusing as to who did what , however, should not the OP have noticed when the final payment was made that the balance due did not jive with what he supposed the balance due to be. Without the deposit from the next cruise certificate the total he had to pay should have been higher than he was expecting. Hope this makes sense.

Archived