A royal mistake.

wl2cruise

Seems to me that this is a TA error.... Royal had nothing to do with it' date=' why should they compensate.

They only do what your agent asks them to do.

Be upset with her...she should have known better.[/quote']

That is B S. Maybe the TA screwed it up.But RCI can clearly see what happened and track the money. If they have the ability to track and fix the problem and don't, then they are stealing the OP's money. Knowing the TA messed up and saying that it is not their problem is wrong.

If someone drops a $100.00 bill in front of you, do you have the responsibility to inform the person? Or the right to keep the money?

Do they have any morals?

Let's see... spend $50,000 on a stupid commercial, or treat a customer ethically and give them the refund they are entitled to... What would you do?

Seems to me that this is a TA error.... Royal had nothing to do with it' date=' why should they compensate.

Why??? No, if they called to combine the two reservations and were losing the benefits of the NC then the rep at RCCL should have informed the TA that it would result in cancelling the NC. The reps are not mindless drones who just do what a TA says, they surely speak up if something is amiss.

I am also a Diamond member as are my husband and children. We had a terrible time with them on our last cruise. Our cabin attendant in our suite was horrible--rude, arrogant, unhelpful. The staff also were not the greatest. I complained on board and when I got off the ship. The could have cared less. I did cancel our European cruise with them for the summer of 2008 and have not cruised since Jan. 2008. I am now spending my vacation dollars elsewhere.

We booked a next cruise way back in 2008. That booking number has been used for another cruise and transfered from I who made the original booking to a TA for an Oasis cruise, cancelled by that TA and transfered to a new TA for our upcoming Voyager cruise and still remained the same number with the OBC. I know we have it because I've checked. Your TA has been the cause of your misfortune not RCCL. GMA in this case is correct.

By the way Jamadeliz, if you feel this way, why do you still have your "We Love RCCL" at the bottom of your signature? Just wondering???

Why??? No, if they called to combine the two reservations and were losing the benefits of the NC then the rep at RCCL should have informed the TA that it would result in cancelling the NC. The reps are not mindless drones who just do what a TA says, they surely speak up if something is amiss.

You are assuming that the RCI rep was aware of what would happen and did not say anything. No one knows what the conversation was except the TA and the RCI rep. The rep may have not said anything when the TA said to switch it (since it is not really the rep's job to let everyone know all the discounts they could get--do they automatically tell someone they have a price drop? no, they wait til you ask for it). The rep may have spoken up and the TA may not have understood or may have told him/her to just combine the ressies. It does seem that the TA may not have understood the NC booking specifics or something because if he/she did and noticed the booking number was different after the switch he/she should have called to correct it (which was not done). IMHO the OP should do a conference all with RCI & the TA to see what really happened (even though nothing may be able to be done at this point).

Sounds fermiliar!! I am going in a cruise soon. I just changed from RCCl as my agent to another Co. they are making such a stink about changeing my Deposit and on board credit. I am glad you spoke up. Mine is going to be ok because RCCL and the new agent are working well together to get this fixed but I feel badly for people who don't take care of this befor they leave. I will never on board book a future cruise again. It isn't worth the 6 hours we have spent on the phone.

Oh sorry Rick, misunderstood. You are entitled to exactly what you were in 2008 since you are grandfathered in to the old rules. You may need to "inform" RCCL of the fact, though.;):D

You've got that right! I called a couple of days ago to check my combined benefits for a pre-2009 next cruise booking. SURPRISE :rolleyes: - some of my OBC was gone. The rep tried to tell me that my shareholder and next cruise OBC had been removed because I couldn't combine them with the balcony discount. My balcony discount was left in place. I explained I had booked before Jan. 1, 2009 but she told me that RC had a cut-off date of Jan. 1, 2010 for combined benefits from old next cruise certs. I hadn't been told anything about a cut-off date and asked to speak with someone else. After explaining the situation to the second agent, I was able to get all my OBC back and have an email showing it. Hopefully everything will still be there when I get onboard Serenade on Saturday.

It sounds like RC might be kicking around having a cut-off date for using pre-2009 next cruise certs to prevent confusion on the combinability of benefits. The second agent said no final decision has been made yet. It's just rumors and internal discussions at this point but rumors sometimes come true. :(

This was my last next cruise cert and I'm not planning to get any on my cruise next week so I won't have the combining problem in the future.

I am leaving in a week and I used a NC that was book before the rules change. The person I booked with (direct with RCCL) gave me no problems at all using my balcony discount, NC, and savings certificate all at once. If you have a problem just ask to speak to a supervisor.

This is not compensating me, it is my 200 dollars I put down on the next cruise booking that was not applied to my cruise.

If you cancel a Next Cruise Booking, generally you get ALL of the deposit money back...including the $200 that you used to book the certificate. Something still sounds funny about all this. But it should be explained by his TA. And if you took the diamond balcony discount....you wouldn't have received the $100 OBC. So I guess I'm still not following.

In this situation, this is entirely the fault of the Travel Agent - NOT RCI. It is the Travel Agent's responsibility to use your Next Cruise booking number and not cancel it. If he or she did for whatever reason, it was his/her responsibility to call RCI and resolve the situation. RCI cannot be held responsibile for your Travel Agents actions. It is an unfortunate situation, but RCI can have no way of knowing your Travel Agent would cancel the Next Cruise and make a new reservation. Just in my opinion, your Travel Agent should provide you with an equivalent credit with his/her agency because she made the mistake.

It is, if you use it to book a cruise and make the rest of the deposit and then cancel the cruise. The full deposit amout is refunded, including the cost of the next cruise certificate. That is the way the program has been running.

If you cancel a Next Cruise Booking, generally you get ALL of the deposit money back...including the $200 that you used to book the certificate. Something still sounds funny about all this. But it should be explained by his TA. And if you took the diamond balcony discount....you wouldn't have received the $100 OBC. So I guess I'm still not following.

Cruise was never cancelled i just got off sunday. we had 2 interior rooms at first, then I seen a suite cheaper for all 4 of us. So we got the suite instead and lost 200 deposit plus 100 obc.

Cruise was never cancelled i just got off sunday. we had 2 interior rooms at first, then I seen a suite cheaper for all 4 of us. So we got the suite instead and lost 200 deposit plus 100 obc.

But, it would appear that the 2 original bookings were cancelled and a new booking created. Not the right way to do it with a NC, looks like TA error all the way

So....you put down two full deposit on 2 cabins. One with a Next Cruise certificate and one without. Is that correct? One deposit at at $500 and one of $300 plus the $200 from the Next Cruise certificate.

What happened to the deposit money when you cancelled one of the interior cabins and moved to the JS. Was some of it refunded, or did all of the money move to the JS? If the deposit on one of the interiors was refunded....it should have been a $500 refund.

I can see where there would be a $200 loss if only $300 of the deposit money moved to the new cabin (JS). Is that possibly what happened?

Sorry to be so dense.

So....you put down two full deposit on 2 cabins. One with a Next Cruise certificate and one without. Is that correct? One deposit at at $500 and one of $300 plus the $200 from the Next Cruise certificate.

What happened to the deposit money when you cancelled one of the interior cabins and moved to the JS. Was some of it refunded, or did all of the money move to the JS? If the deposit on one of the interiors was refunded....it should have been a $500 refund.

I can see where there would be a $200 loss if only $300 of the deposit money moved to the new cabin (JS). Is that possibly what happened?

Sorry to be so dense.

I put down 1000 dollars 10/09 for a sailing 1/10 for 2 interior rooms. 1 week later switched to a js for all 4 of us.

But, it would appear that the 2 original bookings were cancelled and a new booking created. Not the right way to do it with a NC, looks like TA error all the way

No that is not correct. Only the next cruise booking number was cancelled the other one was transferred to the js.

What a nasty lot Royal Caribbean are. They hook you into giving them $200 to promise to cruise with them again and then take the $200 even when you do indeed cruise.

I`m only a simple country boy but providing it was you who put the deposit down and you who went on the cruise (ie you didn`t try to pass the deposit over to someone else), then I really am struggling to see how they have a leg to stand on. Why ever would you want to hand over money whilst on board one of their ships, unable to do any price checks and so on.

Since coming on here I`ve learn`t that before you book with Royal Caribbean it`s essential to do your homework on somewhere like this before you hand over any money and obviously you can`t do that aboard a ship !

We are in the process of trying to arrange a family cruise for the summer and found a company offering Royal Caribbean cruises for around £500 ($800) per person less than the Royal Caribbean website for a basic cabin. It seems to me you played the game and handed over money as encouraged whilst on board and under the holiday good spirit and then Royal Caribbean have played a bit of a crafty move with the travel agent to nick your money. Surely they have a responsibility to act in a manner which protects their customer.

With the rules changing all the time it`s hard to keep up with just what is what with Royal Caribbean these days. Certainly I`d never hand over any money whilst on board.

I wish you all the best although don`t hold my breath for you. I`ve just (yesterday) received a response to a complaint email I sent on December 22nd whilst on board. I was a lengthy reply apologising in every way imaginable for each point in order but there wasn`t actually any substance to it. I kept reading it waiting for the bit where it said, "and so in light of this we are going to......." but it never came.

Let that be a lesson to us all, hand over money whilst on board ship at your peril ! If my experience is anything to go by you`ll get a far better deal by shopping around once back on dry land.

Good luck

H.

I put down 1000 dollars 10/09 for a sailing 1/10 for 2 interior rooms. 1 week later switched to a js for all 4 of us.

No that is not correct. Only the next cruise booking number was cancelled the other one was transferred to the js.

Was this the first $$ you had put down on the cruise? If not when exactly did you put down the $200 for the NC and why was that not deducted from the $1000 in November? Was all of the $1000 from the 2 reservations transferred to the updated JS booking? Sounds like the wrong reservation was cancelled and the one without the NC on it was the one the JS was put on?? Just trying to get an understanding of exactly what happened.

Maybe a detailed time line of what was bought and paid will help us that don't quite get it yet??? Often its the insignificant details that actually make the difference.

Okay...then the TA never incorporated your Next Cruise money into your deposit either. Then I agree that it was the TA's fault. They do have Errors & Ommissions insurance for foul ups....I think I would start looking into that, or small claims court. Thanks for explaining.

Okay...then the TA never incorporated your Next Cruise money into your deposit either. Then I agree that it was the TA's fault. They do have Errors & Ommissions insurance for foul ups....I think I would start looking into that, or small claims court. Thanks for explaining.

Yes he did, He had me sign a paper RCI wanted for him to take control of the next cruise booking number. After the 1000 dollar deposit.

Yes he did, He had me sign a paper RCI wanted for him to take control of the next cruise booking number.

I may be wrong but I believe the paper the TA had you sign had nothing to do with it being a Next Cruise booking, only to move the booking from Royal to them regardless of how and where you booked. If the TA had booked correctly you should have only owed $800 when you booked not $1000??? That's the $1000 deposit (2 cabins @ $500 each or $250 PP) minus the $200 you already paid for the NC. Make sense? What are we missing here?

I may be wrong but I believe the paper the TA had you sign had nothing to do with it being a Next Cruise booking, only to move the booking from Royal to them regardless of how and where you booked. If the TA had booked correctly you should have only owed $800 when you booked not $1000??? That's the $1000 deposit (2 cabins @ $500 each or $250 PP) minus the $200 you already paid for the NC. Make sense? What are we missing here?

When you put a deposit down for a next cruise booking you are given a booking number, which becomes your reservation number once you choose your cruise. I gave my TA $1000 for 2 interior rooms and one next cruise booking paper with the booking number. One week later we changed from 2 interior rooms to 1 js room all 4 person still booked on the cruise. I then signed the paper and gave it to the TA and deducted $200 and gave him the balance owed on the cruise. Now at that time that reservation number was cancelled and another one was given for the same cruise just a different room. TA says he told the RCI rep to combine the reservation into the js.

Archived