A royal mistake.

wl2cruise

No that is not correct. Only the next cruise booking number was cancelled the other one was transferred to the js.

This is something that the TA should have had a handle on. The NC ressie should not have been cancelled or the OBC will be lost (and the TA should have known this, and should have you) but the other one should have been. I still say (as I did in my other post) that if the TA knew what s/he was doing they would have done this correctly.

Now at that time that reservation number was cancelled and another one was given for the same cruise just a different room. TA says he told the RCI rep to combine the reservation into the js.

Again, the TA should have told the rep to cancel the non-NC ressie and book you all in a JS with the NC ressie number.

Unless I am missing something, this was a TA mixup/mistake/omission/problem. Your issue should be with him/her, not RCI.

This is something that the TA should have had a handle on. The NC ressie should not have been cancelled or the OBC will be lost (and the TA should have known this, and should have you) but the other one should have been. I still say (as I did in my other post) that if the TA knew what s/he was doing they would have done this correctly.

Again, the TA should have told the rep to cancel the non-NC ressie and book you all in a JS with the NC ressie number.

Unless I am missing something, this was a TA mixup/mistake/omission/problem. Your issue should be with him/her, not RCI.

I am having my TA trying to resolve this. As far that it is his mistake he tells me no he told the rep to COMBINE the reservations. I been going to this TA for 10 years with no problems.

When you put a deposit down for a next cruise booking you are given a booking number, which becomes your reservation number once you choose your cruise. I gave my TA $1000 for 2 interior rooms and one next cruise booking paper with the booking number. One week later we changed from 2 interior rooms to 1 js room all 4 person still booked on the cruise. I then signed the paper and gave it to the TA and deducted $200 and gave him the balance owed on the cruise. Now at that time that reservation number was cancelled and another one was given for the same cruise just a different room. TA says he told the RCI rep to combine the reservation into the js.

So if you deducted the $200 you had already paid to Royal for the NC from what you gave to the TA how are you out the $200 as you said in your original post? If I understand like I think I do the only thing you are out is the $100 OBC???

Something is fishy if you were truly able to apply the $200 from the purchase of NC (as you show above) but not get the OBC associated with it. Definitely sounds like the TA messed up something.

I have done the Next Cruise option twice now and it is nothing but "royal" pain in the butt. With the C&A discount on blaonies and above I see no reason to do it anymore. If you make any changes to room assignments or try to change from a RCCL to a travel agent, it seems that the system isn't able to do these changes without screwing it up. RCL needs to fix many issues with this program in order to make it worthwhile to take advantage of it.

I have asked several times as have others but for some reason the OP keeps avoiding the answer. OP--Did you get the balcony discount?????? If so then you are not eligible for the OBC. Also if you deducted the $200 as you say in your previous post than you are not out the $200 as you claimed earlier. Either way the TA did not do the booking correctly as he should have applied the $200 to the booking and then you would not have paid $1000 for deposits. It sounds like the TA made two bookings for the 2 rooms took your deposit and then called RCI to cancel the NC booking number.

No matter how you look at it the TA screwed up and is refusing to accept responsibility of doing so.:rolleyes: After 10 years of being a TA if they don't know how to handle a NC booking transfer than they are just simply BAD at their job. Regardless of your TAs claims that it is RCIs fault he is not being honest with you. He should have realized immediately that the booking number had changed. If not again a sign of a bad TA. If your TA had asked for the booking to be transferred than he would not have needed you to pay a $1000 deposit. Your frustration should be with your TA not RCI. However I still don't see how you are out any money if you received the balcony discount. You cannot get both the balcony discount and OBC. Again did you get the balcony discount?

I am having my TA trying to resolve this. As far that it is his mistake he tells me no he told the rep to COMBINE the reservations. I been going to this TA for 10 years with no problems.

How do you combine 2 reservations, something is still not ringing true here

:confused:

I have asked several times as have others but for some reason the OP keeps avoiding the answer. OP--Did you get the balcony discount?????? If so then you are not eligible for the OBC. Also if you deducted the $200 as you say in your previous post than you are not out the $200 as you claimed earlier. Either way the TA did not do the booking correctly as he should have applied the $200 to the booking and then you would not have paid $1000 for deposits. It sounds like the TA made two bookings for the 2 rooms took your deposit and then called RCI to cancel the NC booking number.

No matter how you look at it the TA screwed up and is refusing to accept responsibility of doing so.:rolleyes: After 10 years of being a TA if they don't know how to handle a NC booking transfer than they are just simply BAD at their job. Regardless of your TAs claims that it is RCIs fault he is not being honest with you. He should have realized immediately that the booking number had changed. If not again a sign of a bad TA. If your TA had asked for the booking to be transferred than he would not have needed you to pay a $1000 deposit. Your frustration should be with your TA not RCI. However I still don't see how you are out any money if you received the balcony discount. You cannot get both the balcony discount and OBC. Again did you get the balcony discount?

Yes there is a diamond discount put on the reservation, but TA did not ask for it, My wife was there and confirms TA story. So I believe my TA and my wife unless you are telling me my wife lied also. As to following up on the changes and making sure everything was correct yes I am upset with him not confirming everything was correct, yes we agree here.

Yes there is a diamond discount put on the reservation, but TA did not ask for it, My wife was there and confirms TA story. So I believe my TA and my wife unless you are telling me my wife lied also. As to following up on the changes and making sure everything was correct yes I am upset with him not confirming everything was correct, yes we agree here.

Okay that clears things up. Thanks for responding. You are out Nothing. Since you received the balcony discount you are not eligible for the OBC. As you deducted the $200 from the final balance than you are not out the $200 either. You are upset when there is nothing to be upset over. Unfortunately your TA should have explained to you that you are not able to have both the diamond discount and also receive the OBC.

If you had a good TA they would have suggested that you move the NC to a future sailing so that you could get the OBC later if you booked an inside or outside cabin on a future sailing. However then you would have had to leave the $200 "out there" for future use.

Honestly from the additional facts that you have posted it shows that you are not out $200. The $200 was applied to your reservation as some point since you deducted it from your balance owing and in the end had a paid in full reservation. The reservation does appear to have been transferred or you would have had a balance owing. As you did not have a balance owing of $200 then the money must have been applied to your JS reservation. You also state that you did get the balcony discount so therefore you do not also get OBC. It seems that the only problem is that you do not understand that you cannot have both the balcony discount and OBC. Again I fault the TA for not properly explaining everything to you clearly.

It seems to me that you did not understand things clearly but you are not out any money from either RCI or your TA. Please don't take my comments as criticism as that is not my intention.:)

I am not accusing your wife of lying at all. I've never said anything in my posts to even imply such a thing. This is the first time you have even mentioned your wife being present. However I don't think your TA is a good one. If the TA did not ask for the diamond balcony discount than that only further shows that RCI was looking out for your best interest and that your TA is indeed bad at their job. The diamond balcony discount is $200 where as the OBC is only $100. Therefore RCI actually saved you $100 by taking the initiative and applying the discount.:)

I am not accusing your wife of lying at all. I've never said anything in my posts to even imply such a thing. This is the first time you have even mentioned your wife being present. However I don't think your TA is a good one. If the TA did not ask for the diamond balcony discount than that only further shows that RCI was looking out for your best interest and that your TA is indeed bad at their job. The diamond balcony discount is $200 where as the OBC is only $100. Therefore RCI actually saved you $100 by taking the initiative and applying the discount.:)

I dont think RCI was looking out for me. I am still out $200 dollars that I paid RCI for the next cruise booking and I also lost the 100 dollar onboard credit, what i was given is a 200 discount on a balcony for being a diamond member. The next cruise booking number was cancelled which forfeits the $200 deposit plus the $100 obc.

Really not their job to look out for us--that is our job and our TA's if we use one.

If the next cruise booking is cancelled (which is sounds like your TA did--intentionally or not--by asking them to combine vs transfer) the deposit is non refundable. My NC confirmation says (#10 in their list of Terms and Conditions) " If your Next Cruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial Next Cruise deposit" (emphasis added by me).

Really not their job to look out for us--that is our job and our TA's if we use one.

If the next cruise booking is cancelled (which is sounds like your TA did--intentionally or not--by asking them to combine vs transfer) the deposit is non refundable. My NC confirmation says (#10 in their list of Terms and Conditions) " If your Next Cruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial Next Cruise deposit" (emphasis added by me).

Correct but the problems is RCI cancelled booking and the should have not.

Correct but the problems is RCI cancelled booking and the should have not.

Yes, but your TA told them to. The TA should have known to tell them to transfer the NC booking (not combine or cancel) and at the minimum should have seen as soon as the booking number was different and called to correct it immediately-which they did not. Even if RCI did make a mistake and not do what the TA asked them to, the TA should have seen it (if s/he was looking at the new documents in a timely manner) and had it corrected immediately.

Yes, but your TA told them to. The TA should have known to tell them to transfer the NC booking (not combine or cancel) and at the minimum should have seen as soon as the booking number was different and called to correct it immediately-which they did not. Even if RCI did make a mistake and not do what the TA asked them to, the TA should have seen it (if s/he was looking at the new documents in a timely manner) and had it corrected immediately.

TA did not tell them to cancel booking. Yes you are correct he should have noticed it before and corrected the problem. RCI rep made the mistake and they should at least refund my money.

I think regardless of what the TA did, RCCL should provide more customer service in resolving these issues. My friend had a similar situation where she booked a Next Cruise last summer (for one this spring) and was given a $300 OBC. Even though the NC rep PROMISED that the deposit and OBC was transferable (I heard the conversation directly myself) low and behold it wasnt and now with the Non-Combinable rule - even more difficult to transfer to a new cruise with special pricing. In the end she was able to transfer both to a new cruise but it was EXTREMELY difficult and took alot of convincing by the TA.

I was going to be booking a cruise on my next cruise on the Voyager but now I think I will just go with my C&A Discount and any potential special pricing (wait is that not combinable too?). The only benefit I see to booking a cruise while on a cruise is the reduced deposit. It seems to me that RCCL would make a strong effort to resolve these sorts of issues especially for Platinum or Diamond members but come to think of it customer service has gone out the door for many businesses these days. It is all about the bottom line.

When you put a deposit down for a next cruise booking you are given a booking number, which becomes your reservation number once you choose your cruise. I gave my TA $1000 for 2 interior rooms and one next cruise booking paper with the booking number. One week later we changed from 2 interior rooms to 1 js room all 4 person still booked on the cruise. I then signed the paper and gave it to the TA and deducted $200 and gave him the balance owed on the cruise. Now at that time that reservation number was cancelled and another one was given for the same cruise just a different room. TA says he told the RCI rep to combine the reservation into the js.

I dont think RCI was looking out for me. I am still out $200 dollars that I paid RCI for the next cruise booking and I also lost the 100 dollar onboard credit, what i was given is a 200 discount on a balcony for being a diamond member. The next cruise booking number was cancelled which forfeits the $200 deposit plus the $100 obc.

OK, I know I am being thick here, but if the TA deducted the $200 from what you paid how are you 'out $200 dollars' or 'forfeits the $200'?

I agree with the others the TA should have told RCI to CANCEL the non Next Cruise Credit res and change the other one if that is truly what you wanted to have happen. By saying combine the TA is not in control of what happens, then messed up when they didn't check the reservation after RCI made the changes to ensure all was as it should be. Sounds like to TA doesn't know how to deal with NCC.

I wouldn't say anyone is calling the TA, you or your wife a liar I just think if you sit back and really look at this it may not be what you think?

Okay that clears things up. Thanks for responding. You are out Nothing. Since you received the balcony discount you are not eligible for the OBC. As you deducted the $200 from the final balance than you are not out the $200 either. You are upset when there is nothing to be upset over. Unfortunately your TA should have explained to you that you are not able to have both the diamond discount and also receive the OBC.

If you had a good TA they would have suggested that you move the NC to a future sailing so that you could get the OBC later if you booked an inside or outside cabin on a future sailing. However then you would have had to leave the $200 "out there" for future use.

Honestly from the additional facts that you have posted it shows that you are not out $200. The $200 was applied to your reservation as some point since you deducted it from your balance owing and in the end had a paid in full reservation. The reservation does appear to have been transferred or you would have had a balance owing. As you did not have a balance owing of $200 then the money must have been applied to your JS reservation. You also state that you did get the balcony discount so therefore you do not also get OBC. It seems that the only problem is that you do not understand that you cannot have both the balcony discount and OBC. Again I fault the TA for not properly explaining everything to you clearly.

It seems to me that you did not understand things clearly but you are not out any money from either RCI or your TA. Please don't take my comments as criticism as that is not my intention.:)

wl2cruise:

Please please please please please read Schooner Bar Girl's explanation.

She has laid everything out directly and clearly.

She explains the movement of every dollar. She explains that RC really did do you a favor by applying the diamond balcony discount of $200 INSTEAD of the $100 in NC OBC.

She explains clearly that YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH.

Period.

If you have any further or different information than what you have already posted, please share, because on the basis of what you have told this forum, Schooner Bar Girl is telling you everything that you need to know.

Archived