Carnival Transfers

fourcruisin

We are thinking about using CCL transfers from Port Everglades to Miami International Airport but I am wondering....does the transfer bus drop passengers off at each terminal or is there a central drop off point at MIA?

If I recall, we used the transfers from MIA to Port Everglades once and we had to schlep ourselves and luggage quite a distance from the terminal to the bus pick up area. It was not a pleasant experience to walk quite a distance with luggage in very hot weather.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

TIA

We are thinking about using CCL transfers from Port Everglades to Miami International Airport but I am wondering....does the transfer bus drop passengers off at each terminal or is there a central drop off point at MIA?

If I recall, we used the transfers from MIA to Port Everglades once and we had to schlep ourselves and luggage quite a distance from the terminal to the bus pick up area. It was not a pleasant experience to walk quite a distance with luggage in very hot weather.

TIA

We have not used the transfers in some time. I do remember that there was multiple drop offs when we did use it. Again, that was about 4 years ago.

While I wish I could help with your specific cities I do have a recent nightmare story of a Carnival transfer from JFK to the Manhattan pier. All I can say is that from the moment I left the airport to the 15+ minute walk because the driver dropped us off at the wrong terminal, I wished we had just taken a taxi!

It was awful! No organization, no signs, no feeling that Carnival really was behind this service. Never again will I pay for the transfer! I was alone with my 7 year old son so I originally purchased it so I didn't have to worry about a taxi. But in the end it ended up a complete disaster.

Thankfully we made the ship and the cruise was wonderful but it was a cold,long,scary lesson learned!

That's what I was afraid of. I remember from the one time we used it, the service was not great and really was a downer. We are betwixt and between about how to get from Port Everglades to MIA. The reviews of some of the private shuttle services are not so great, long waits, no designated pick up area etc. There are 6 adults plus luggage so rental car is not really an option and taxis are costly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

That's what I was afraid of. I remember from the one time we used it, the service was not great and really was a downer. We are betwixt and between about how to get from Port Everglades to MIA. The reviews of some of the private shuttle services are not so great, long waits, no designated pick up area etc. There are 6 adults plus luggage so rental car is not really an option and taxis are costly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

um we got a stretch limo from larryslimo for 6 adults with luggage- Our rate was 33.00 pp which included tips.

(if you thought taxis are expensive dont you think that taking the cruiselines shuttle will cost you even more so??

a cab will cost you aout 75.00 one way- if three of you go in one cab that is rather cheap compared to the cruiselines shuutle

Last February we got a van at Miami airport. They took 8 people and dropped each of us off at our specific ship's terminal. It only cost $10 per person + tip.

This year we leave from Ft Lauderdale so I hope we can find as good a deal!

Last February we got a van at Miami airport. They took 8 people and dropped each of us off at our specific ship's terminal. It only cost $10 per person + tip.

This year we leave from Ft Lauderdale so I hope we can find as good a deal!

is this for a cab from the Miami terminal?

We used Easy Express, www.easyexpress.biz from Port of Miami to FLL.

They also service Port Everglades. They are very efficient and probably a lot cheaper than the Carnival transfers.

I have cruised out of Miami and Canaveral and always saw tons of shuttles, limos and taxis waiting for walk ups. I don't know why Port Everglades would be different. It's not that difficult to find a ride even without a reservation. If you make a reservation where you don't have to pay in advance they will find you.

is this for a cab from the Miami terminal?

It wasn't a cab. We went with one of those guys who walk around the baggage claim holding signs up. He was offering rides for $10 pp so we took it and so did a couple who was standing next to us but going on a different ship. He dropped us right at the luggage check in area at our terminal.

The last time I use a Carnival transfer the bus driver got tired of the MIA traffic and kicked everyone off at the second terminal he stopped at. We tried to protest but he simply started unloading our luggage.

You can rent a 7 passenger minivan like a Toyota Sienna. Should be big enough for 6 plus luggage.

It wasn't a cab. We went with one of those guys who walk around the baggage claim holding signs up. He was offering rides for $10 pp so we took it and so did a couple who was standing next to us but going on a different ship. He dropped us right at the luggage check in area at our terminal.

ok but was the cruise in one port and flying out of another?

10.00 pp seems very cheap to go from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

ok but was the cruise in one port and flying out of another?

10.00 pp seems very cheap to go from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

Oh no... We flew into Miami and were sailing out of Port of Miami. This year we're flying into and sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. Just hoping we can get a ride to the port for $10 pp again. I think Carnival wanted over $20 pp.

Oh no... We flew into Miami and were sailing out of Port of Miami. This year we're flying into and sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. Just hoping we can get a ride to the port for $10 pp again. I think Carnival wanted over $20 pp.

So-- you are cruising with 8 people and going from the port in Fort Lauderdale (Port everglades) to the fort lauderdale airport?

wow if you pay 80 bucks that driver will be super happy.

with 8 people grab one of the taxi vans and pay 20.00 total.

even if you have to grab 2 of them-- they will behandy just let the guy in charge you want a van. (not a car service)

10.00pp to go from the miami port to the miami airport was very expensive.

TIA

We have used the transfers and they drop you off at or as close to the doorway of the airlines for which you are traveling.

The only issues that we have experienced is not w/ CCL or the bus driver, but w/ people not listening to the bus driver's instruction and causing caos.

We use SAS for our pre cruise transport from FLL to the hotel in Miami. I am going to call them to inquire about post cruise transport back to FLL.

Good luck and happy sailing.

We took a taxi from the airport to the terminal last year for a flat fee of 20 dollars for four people.

So-- you are cruising with 8 people and going from the port in Fort Lauderdale (Port everglades) to the fort lauderdale airport?

wow if you pay 80 bucks that driver will be super happy.

with 8 people grab one of the taxi vans and pay 20.00 total.

even if you have to grab 2 of them-- they will behandy just let the guy in charge you want a van. (not a car service)

10.00pp to go from the miami port to the miami airport was very expensive.

No, I'm not cruising with 8 people. There are only 2 of us. We got a van that held 8 people (the two of us and 6 others) and they dropped each couple off at whichever ship they were cruising on.

We paid $20 total for both of us and I thought that was a deal. I think carnival charges over $20 per person, but I might be wrong.

Archived