Don't count on football being shown on the muts or big screen

laemerald

Hey everyone just returned from our ruby cruise last night. We were so surprised to be informed by our cruise director LISA COLE that she has decided that to be fair to other passengers she would not show last saturdays playoff games on the muts screen. So the first saturday in the pouring rain everyone sat out there getting soaked but still having fun, the next Saturday it was beautiful and sunny and she decided to make this announcment. Picture a beautiful sunny day at sea at 4 o clock eveyone waiting for football She completely cleared the decks most people went to their rooms to watch the games. We also had the option to watch in the conference room it was packed. Finally some of the deck staff came down trying to sell drinks they lost all the money they would have made ,LISA Cole is the worst cruise director .I read about her here first ,but was willing to see for myself .I did go and talk to her personally, trying to reason with her her answer was Too bad ,so sorry lady Im the cruise director your not .Princess lost alot of fans and alot revenue.:mad: I will now book future cruise not by itinerary or ship but by Cruise director anyone but that woman .

Well, our view is just the opposite. On our 15 days on the Coral in late Nov/early Decembe, it was not MUTS, it was FUTS (football under the stars), and it was constant. Way too much.

I think that the ships have to find a proper mix.

I've been on a couple of cruises during the Super Bowl. All made a special event of it and the two with MUTS (Star Princess in South America and Carnival Liberty in the Caribbean) showed it outdoors. (along with on the cabin TV and in several bars)

Before the introdution of MUTS on RCL and Princess cruises they both had a specific lounges set up for the game with food/drinks etc.

For just the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, etc I'd have no problem with the MUTS screen showing the game. But, for the opening rounds of the playoffs, the college bowl games, or similar I'd prefer to have the movies playing. There's just too many games going constantly for my liking, I don't sit around at home and watch 8-12 hours of sports every day, why would I want to do it on a cruise? Just my opinion, everyone's will vary...

For just the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, etc I'd have no problem with the MUTS screen showing the game. But, for the opening rounds of the playoffs, the college bowl games, or similar I'd prefer to have the movies playing. There's just too many games going constantly for my liking, I don't sit around at home and watch 8-12 hours of sports every day, why would I want to do it on a cruise? Just my opinion, everyone's will vary...

I totally agree!

Not everyone likes football.. I for one do like to watch the games but if they were not shown on MUTS I would move to the lounge...Will you call Princess to find out which ship Lisa is CD on before you book your next cruise? :rolleyes:

Hey everyone just returned from our ruby cruise last night. We were so surprised to be informed by our cruise director LISA COLE that she has decided that to be fair to other passengers she would not show last saturdays playoff games on the muts screen. So the first saturday in the pouring rain everyone sat out there getting soaked but still having fun, the next Saturday it was beautiful and sunny and she decided to make this announcment. Picture a beautiful sunny day at sea at 4 o clock eveyone waiting for football She completely cleared the decks most people went to their rooms to watch the games. We also had the option to watch in the conference room it was packed. Finally some of the deck staff came down trying to sell drinks they lost all the money they would have made ,LISA Cole is the worst cruise director .I read about her here first ,but was willing to see for myself .I did go and talk to her personally, trying to reason with her her answer was Too bad ,so sorry lady Im the cruise director your not .Princess lost alot of fans and alot revenue.:mad: I will now book future cruise not by itinerary or ship but by Cruise director anyone but that woman .

I don't go to the movies at all at home. The sad part is that the movies that Princess shows I can see either on cable TV or from Netflix. In 2006 on CB they were showing Jaws, The Poseidon Adventure and Titanic All of which I saw when they originally came out. Two of them were 30yrs old. I think for a playoff game she could have made an exception instead of showing the usual box office bombs. From what I have read here they seem to still be showing the same movies that they were showing on my trip in 2008. There are other things to do if you don’t want to watch football.

We are avid sports fans (tough to be that right now in Detroit) and more than just avid movie goers since we try to go once a week. My take on all this is just what in that heck did everyone do before MUTS? I remember distinctly being on voyages during NBA finals with Detroit and Stanley Cup playoffs, again with Detroit and every time we were satisfied with either watching in the room or in the "sports" bar depending on the time of day. We were on a cruise and to us sports were secondary and maybe even farther down the list.

If the game is that important, go find it on the TV and quit complaining. Afterall, MUTS is an acronym for Movies Under The Stars and that should be the prime showing. Exceptions could certainly be made for seriously important sports events that have universal appeal. How about the Olympics or the the Super Bowl? Other than those type of events leave MUTS to the movies and go find your cabin to watch sports.

What would people rather view....

Julie & Julia

Mama Mia

My Big fat Greek wedding

Tina Turner concert

Transformers

or

A live football game.

Not that I'm a big football fan but with the tired old concerts & movies that are show on the MUTS a football game is one big improvement.

Julie & Julia

Mama Mia

My Big fat Greek wedding

Tina Turner isn't a movie either. Transformers is a cartoon.

This thread will go the way of the Smoking, Egg Crate Mattress, Food, Entertainment, Sunrise on the wrong side of ship, and other topics that are good for sharing opinion and venting but nothing else. It seemed that the original intent was to rag on the CD for being insensitive but will morph into something else.

Lisa Cole? or Lisa Ball?

Thanks for the review.

From my interpretation of this thread, women like movies and guys like football. :cool:

Not only stereotypical, but often quite wrong. I watch cooking shows primarily, my wife watches way more sports on television than I do. If they showed Iron Chef, Top Chef, or Next Food Network Star on MUTS I'd be there and others on the deck would be annoyed.

My personal opinion, if watching a football game is that important to you, don't schedule a cruise that sails when a football game is being played.

Many people book cruises many months in advance. If they could predict that their favorite team would be in a playoff game that far in advance, they could get rich in Las Vegas.

Many people book cruises many months in advance. If they could predict that their favorite team would be in a playoff game that far in advance, they could get rich in Las Vegas.

Well lucky for me that I am a Mets fan so I am not worried about missing the World Series. That being said, I am having heart failure over the Jets.

on the Diamond they showed the Super Bowl in one of the large rooms w/ bar food offered, a betting pool, of drinks for sale. They didn't have MUTS at the time. An on deck Super Bowl party could be a lot of fun. Those who don't like football can watch the commercials.

I've cruised with princess when they have played a football match on muts and to be honest it's just wrong, it felt like some pub with a large screen full of larger louts....

I bet if they had soccer on muts, you would be there.

Archived