Brochures

AtMaui

Whatever happened to the nice brochures? Didn't they used to have one that almost looked like a magazine called, maybe, Voyages, that was personalized with your name and your status? I have 65 days with them so I'm not new to the line and I had to request a brochure through the web site. It's very thin with minimal information. Not many photos of the ships at all. More just the schedule. I have brochures from other cruise lines that are much nicer than Regent. Is this a budget cut?

We have noticed the lack of brochures as well. Regent, and a few other cruise lines, seem to be very slow in getting out the itineraries for 2011. We'll probably see a nice brochure as soon as it is announced. I also wonder if they are saving money are brochures for 2010 since many of their itineraries are already full:confused:

I haven't received the "nice" Voyages one in a while; but believe me I get at least one brochure a week detailing itineraries in 2010, 2011....

I WISH they would stop mailing them to me and then take the money they have saved on printing and postage and put it into a nice little Canyon Ranch Spa OBC :p

When I first started exploring options last year, I requested a brochure through the web site and got a very nice pair of brochures, one of which was personalized. I booked our cruise shortly after and since then, I don't think I've received a single brochure from Regent. In my exploration, I also requested information from several other lines and one in particular has sent me very expensive brochures about every two weeks. (I've also received several Paul Gauguin brochures (!) from another company I have traveled with previously.) I have received a few emails from Regent and brochures from my TA (general offers from the agency).

I just have thought it odd that Regent wasn't doing any 'reinforcement' marketing to a first timer.

Sounds like they only send brochures to people who don't cruise on Regent:D

Ah, but you are wrong- They only send personalized brochures to cruisers who have cruised on Regent! ;)

Like Cruzndiz, I also get at least one brochure a week. But my point is that I don't get the personalized ones any longer. I miss receiving the glossy magazine-type ones with lots of pictures. The weekly brochures they send out just have the itineraries of the ships and the outrageous prices.

I also get at least one email a week. I especially liked the recent one telling me that a new price increase is fast approaching. I can hardly wait!!!

And I agree with Wendy about the prices for the Baltic trips. May have to try HAL for that one.

Oops! My bad:p (Really wasn't aware you sailed on Regent). What ship(s) and Itinaries(?).

A long time ago- Caribbean on the Diamond. It was a cruise where they were trying out the all-inclusive concept. Been getting brochures ever since!

Host Dan

I am a gold-level cruiser on Regent, and NEVER get brochures. My mother, on the other hand, gets them all the time at my address. Which is interesting as she passed away 4 years ago, so needless to say hasn't sailed with them recently. When she was alive, she sailed with them twice. I don't want to tell them she's no longer alive--otherwise I'd never find out about interesting cruises.

On the other hand, I understand that a friend with whom I've sailed a couple times gets brochures with my name on them at her address. She lives in a different state. Oh, and someone else with whom I have never sailed (at least not in the same cabin) used to get brochures with my name at his address. He lives in the same state as me--but on the other side of the state. Watch out--to know me is to get my brochures by some odd form of osmosis.

Go figure.

Regent used to have a Seven Seas Society manager - Rose Clarke - but I understand that she, not to mention an awful lot of other people, is no longer there. Call the Ft. Lauderdale office and ask for the Seven Seas Society manager, who if there is one should be able to correct your address and other information in their system, get you your number, etc. That might get you the 2011 brochure, if/when it does come out. Worth a try.:rolleyes:

I am a gold-level cruiser on Regent, and NEVER get brochures. My mother, on the other hand, gets them all the time at my address. Which is interesting as she passed away 4 years ago, so needless to say hasn't sailed with them recently. When she was alive, she sailed with them twice. I don't want to tell them she's no longer alive--otherwise I'd never find out about interesting cruises.

On the other hand, I understand that a friend with whom I've sailed a couple times gets brochures with my name on them at her address. She lives in a different state. Oh, and someone else with whom I have never sailed (at least not in the same cabin) used to get brochures with my name at his address. He lives in the same state as me--but on the other side of the state. Watch out--to know me is to get my brochures by some odd form of osmosis.

Go figure.

We never get any mailings I've called Regent and asked them to send us brochures. Maybe if we book the big $$$$$ cabins they would!:)

After stating that I do not get many brochures from Regent, I realized that I receive lots of emails from them. I remember when many of us were complaining that Regent was spending too much money on brochures. For instance, last year they put out three brochures, at the same time,with information about specials that were expiring in six weeks. It seemed like a waste of postage, paper and money.

I would like to see a really nice brochure covering the cruises for the year (2011 would be nice right now) and receive email updates throughout the year IMO. This would save Regent tons of money -- it's just better all around. They should, of course, have brochures available when they are requsted and onboard the ships.

Archived