Cargo Shorts & Muscle T-Shirts - Acceptable?

champ.49er

The only hot and humid place I've visited was Florida during the summer. It was 90 degrees and very humid. My attire the whole vacation was cargo shorts and muscle T-shirts. We're going to Mexico this July and others on the board say it will be 90 degrees and very humid, so I'm expecting weather very similar to Florida's weather. I already know I'll be in a suit for formal nights, but wasn't sure if my "Florida" attire all other times would be offensive to others. Is my cargo shorts and muscle T-shirt attire acceptable during the day?

You can wear what you want during the day. The only exception is when you eat. Certain Cruise lines have dress codes or dress codes to be close enough on. Honestly cargo shorts and muscle t's arent really that cool in the first place. Invest in some Polo's and khaki shorts/ pants. Cant go wrong if you look nice all the time.

The only hot and humid place I've visited was Florida during the summer. It was 90 degrees and very humid. My attire the whole vacation was cargo shorts and muscle T-shirts. We're going to Mexico this July and others on the board say it will be 90 degrees and very humid, so I'm expecting weather very similar to Florida's weather. I already know I'll be in a suit for formal nights, but wasn't sure if my "Florida" attire all other times would be offensive to others. Is my cargo shorts and muscle T-shirt attire acceptable during the day?

The cargo shorts are fine anywhere on the ship except the DR during dinner. You can wear the cargo shorts to breakfast and lunch in any of the food venues including the DR. The muscle shirt may have a problem in the food venues due to the lack of sleeves. Dinner in the DR requires pants and a collar shirt including jeans. Formal night is another story.

G'day Champ, excuse me if I just answer your question rather than insult your considered clothing. :D

If it's a hot day and you are around the pool or onshore doing very casual stuff (beach etc) then is there IS nothing wrong with muscle shirts. I've just come back from a cruise and whore sleeveless T shirts mainly around the pool decks on the boat. So did many others.

If I was sit down dining and / or it moved towards the evening, then I would change into comfortable trousers and a collared shirt.

The P&O Pacific Sun which I have just finished a cruise on set the evening dress standard in their daily paper delivered first thing to your cabin.

HTH.

This forum is great. With all the constructive criticism, I didn't feel any of the posts were meant to insult or start a flame war.

Anyways, it makes sense to wear the muscle T-shirts outside by the pool and when we do our excursions. I'll make sure to wear a collared and sleeved shirt when indoors. Thanks again.

This forum is great. With all the constructive criticism, I didn't feel any of the posts were meant to insult or start a flame war.

Anyways, it makes sense to wear the muscle T-shirts outside by the pool and when we do our excursions. I'll make sure to wear a collared and sleeved shirt when indoors. Thanks again.

Having spent a month in Mexico some years ago, and having been back a few times, I stopped wearing any kind of body-clinging shirts whenever I go there. I wear loose cotton short sleved shirts or white or very light coloered long sleeve shirts. Yes, long sleeve... if they are loose and cotton, you are protected from the sun and you don't feel the heat of the sun on your skin and prevent sunburn as the sun in the Caribbean can be brutal. Long baggy thin khakis aren't a bad choice either.... both also function at keeping the bugs off if you get into an area that is buggy. At the pools on the ship you will see almost anything.

:D oh and I typed my response in MY UGH BOOTS (as I am now and as with every other evening ;) ) - so I am definitely qualified to provide that response LMAO!!!!! :p

These same said Ugh boots will be worn on my cruise to Alaska, so whilst I'm quite certain they will be offensive to others....... "those" people will just have to get busy and build a bridge to get over it, whilst I stay warm, happy and proudly "offensive" in various public places of the ship LOL.

But I do promise hubs will NOT be sprouting about in budgie smugglers - we don't want arrests for "offensive behaviour" ha ha :)

You can wear what you want during the day. The only exception is when you eat. Certain Cruise lines have dress codes or dress codes to be close enough on. Honestly cargo shorts and muscle t's arent really that cool in the first place. Invest in some Polo's and khaki shorts/ pants. Cant go wrong if you look nice all the time.

It's good to know that the fashion police are out in force today..... whatever you do won't bother me one way or another.

Wear what you want short of the crack of your a** showing :rolleyes: . Agree with swim suit in lieu of short during the day. My typical daily attire is swim suit and t-shirt or no shirt unless I dash into the buffet for a snack.

Be careful what you wear on port excursions. You will be in a foreign country with different standards of dress than your home. Some forms can be considered offensive. Wearing camouflage clothing is illegal in a lot of the Caribbean islands. It is reserved for the military and police only.

I was visiting on one of the Micronesia islands where women routinely do not wear tops (in other words they were topless). However men in speedos as some of my fellow male travelers found out was not allowed. The local authority told them to go put on something decent! Go figure.

:D I told ya's budgie smugglers were offensive LMAO!!!!

OK now explain what a budgie smuggler is to us yanks up here on top of the world, You residents of Oz have a peculiar use of the English language at least to us. :eek:

budgie smugglers??? *gaffaws with laughter* Don't you lot ever complain that you don't learn anything new LOL !!!!

OK so a budgie (budgerigar) is a little colourful bird, smaller than a parakeet, like a canary size...... Kept as a pet. Talks nearly as good as Parrot. Prolific in Aus, not sure about other countries :) (Kylie Minogue - an aussie singer - was known as the singing budgie - she was little and chirpy.)

If you see a bloke in a pair of speedos, it looks just like he's trying to smuggle a budgie or two down there in the front of his speedos ;) so we call 'em budgie smugglers :D LOL !!!!!

Now does everyone know about ugh boots??? LMAO!!!!

Cheers :)

Archived