Purchase Internet Now or Onboard?

MTJtraveller

Hi!

I was thinking about prepurchasing some Internet service and wanted to know if anyone knew if they had a better deal on board or if the 120 minutes for $58.95 (a bonus of 20 minutes) was the way to go.

:o

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

By all means sign up pre-cruise! You get extra bonus minutes that way. You get the ones you would get by buying onboard, but you also get some extra minutes. If I remember right you get double the bonus minutes that you would get if you wait until you are onboard.

News to me.

You can book the internet before you board?

You're not the only one out of the loop, and I pre-book everything (including dumping money into my account so I have any excursions, tips, purchases, etc just about entirely paid for before even boarding the ship).

Thank you for the info on pre-purchasing Internet time.

Does anyone know if you can use whatever is left on the second leg of a B2B? I would purchase a larger time if I could use both directions, but not sure.

I think the coffee and drink cards will carry over to the next cruise, right?

You're not the only one out of the loop, and I pre-book everything (including dumping money into my account so I have any excursions, tips, purchases, etc just about entirely paid for before even boarding the ship).

Is there an area that you can just put money in your onboard account? I would love to do that for our April 2010 Star cruise. I have been trying to budget but if I can just make "deposits in my account" that would be awesome :D

Is there an area that you can just put money in your onboard account? I would love to do that for our April 2010 Star cruise. I have been trying to budget but if I can just make "deposits in my account" that would be awesome :D

You can give yourself "gifts" up to $100, I usually just buy as many of those as I need. Just go here, http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/gifts/onboard_credit/OnboardCredit.jsp and write down the item number you want then call Princess direct. I've gotten pretty good as estimating so I usually have less than $100 owed at the end of the cruise.

I'll definitely be one of those pre-buying the internet. I don't spend much time on the net while cruising but I like to update my travelogues and send a few e-mails every once in a while. Plus, that's one more thing to pay for in advance...

Does anyone know if you can use whatever is left on the second leg of a B2B? I would purchase a larger time if I could use both directions, but not sure.

The coffee card would be carried over as long as you have spots left on it. As for the drink card/sticker would be on your older cruise card and you get a new cruise card for the next cruise. So that would mean "no"

I believe you can if you have purchased the minutes, that is not just used the Elite/Platinum credit. At least that is what one Internet manager told us

I believe you can if you have purchased the minutes, that is not just used the Elite/Platinum credit. At least that is what one Internet manager told us

I'd get that in writing, it seems from ship to ship the internet mgr. seems to make his own rules.

I'd get that in writing, it seems from ship to ship the internet mgr. seems to make his own rules.

Yes, before you purchase to many minutes, be sure you will be able to use them.

I have had the leftover Elite minutes disappear at the end of the first leg of a b2b

MTJtraveller:

Thanks for starting this thread! None of us regulars knew about it!

Hi!

I was thinking about prepurchasing some Internet service and wanted to know if anyone knew if they had a better deal on board or if the 120 minutes for $58.95 (a bonus of 20 minutes) was the way to go.

:o

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the website. Sometimes it is hard to find things on the Princess website. Does anyone know how you can order Spa services before boarding?

I see lots of posts when the conversation is about internet minutes, and buying them on the first day and getting extra. When we were on the Crown over Christmas, the manager told us that you could not get the extra minutes if you were already a member of the Captains Circle. We bought the 150 minute package that is free for Platinum, but got no extra. This might be a ship by ship decision....

Mike

I see lots of posts when the conversation is about internet minutes, and buying them on the first day and getting extra. When we were on the Crown over Christmas, the manager told us that you could not get the extra minutes if you were already a member of the Captains Circle. We bought the 150 minute package that is free for Platinum, but got no extra. This might be a ship by ship decision....

Mike

Many of the internet managers will not give the first day bonus minutes to those buy the minutes with the Elite/Platinum credit. Gold members of the Captain's Circle should get the bonus.

Mike

Every ship does it differently.

The free minutes don't usually apply unless you are buying above and beyond the free Platinum/Elite minutes. You should have received them.

Archived