Freedom- Western Caribbean, Balcony worth the extra $$?

kandlwed

Hi,

We are booked in a balcony for the June 5th Freedom sailing. I am wondering if a balcony is really the way to go? We have a lot of sea days and really won't see much from the balcony. Would would you do? Save the $$ and get either an ocean view or inside cabin or stick with the balcony? There are some cruises we think ABSOLUTELY we are getting a balcony, but is this one of them? Help! ;)

Thanks in advance!

For me... if an itinerary is NOT port intense as it appears yours is, a balcony is a must have... I have more sea days to relax out there with a drink in hand or to read, take a nap, etc..... now if it is a port intense itinerary and minimum of 2 sea days than an oceanview is fine for me.

Most people think just the opposite, if they have a lot of sea days, then thats when to get a balcony.

When you are in port, you may not have the privacy you would have out at sea.

I was only in a cabin with windows and woke up in port facing another ship who could see right into our cabin where I was sleeping because I left the curtains open at night.

If you would enjoy a balcony, and sitting out there, go for it. We dont know how much price difference to judge.

To us, a cabin with ZERO balcony.......

.......equals a house without a BACKYARD !

We enjoy outdoor balcony privacy during parts of the day, since MOST of the time we're part of a crowd numbering from 2,000-4000 depending on the ship.

We love each other, too.....but there are occasional times when we are in the cabin that it's nice to give each other a little space ! The balcony does that, too !

Ports/sea days, etc. It makes no difference to us. We'll likely never cruise without a balcony......they're awesome.

For me--i guess it depends on how much more money.

For us to get an aft cabin--which we love-- would cost us $400.00 more.

No thanks, we will stick with a side one.

You are looking at having a balcony in the wrong way- most people are not booking balconies based on their sceniery choice but a place to escape and relax-- in an oceanview cabin-- you sit in the cabin-- thats it- or you leave your cabin and go to a public area.

with a balcony---you walk out your door and sigh----

Sorry, I should have added the price difference from the balcony to an inside... it is $330pp more for balcony and $200 difference if we went ocean view. We did book the balcony initially because we LOVE them and thought about what most of you are saying...

I think we just decided life is short and we are sticking with the balcony!! ;)

Hi,

We are booked in a balcony for the June 5th Freedom sailing. I am wondering if a balcony is really the way to go? We have a lot of sea days and really won't see much from the balcony. Would would you do? Save the $$ and get either an ocean view or inside cabin or stick with the balcony? There are some cruises we think ABSOLUTELY we are getting a balcony, but is this one of them? Help! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Only you can answer the question. We prefer to spend sea days on the Lido deck around the pool, and even when we have a balcony rarely use it, other than for maybe a few minutes in the morning as we are docking.

If you will sit on it then by all means spend the money, if you are like use, then it gives you a reason to think about it.

Hey,

well for us this will be our 1st time for a balcony.It didn't cost us a cent more.We booked under a cat 6E,assigned and early saver, categories changed and now we have a balcony:D.I hope it doesn't spoil us too much.This is only our 2nd cruise.Our last one was an inside cabin.According to our PVP he told me if we were to book a balcony now it would cost us,a family of four $3500.I'm excited.I will order room service at least once and sit out on the balcony.Hoping for calm seas~

for short cruises that are port intensive i book an inside.. gonna be off the ship most of the time anyways.., for the longer one if there are two sea days we get a balcony.. its just nice to sit there and watch the ocean in peace sometimes other than the lido deck.. coffee and breakfast out on the balcony in the morning is really nice.. we order room service the night before for breakfast, thrown on our bathrobes put our feet up on the rails and watch the sun come up.. for me nothing beats sleeping with the balcony door open at night, hearing the waves and the fresh salt air.. we get the best nights sleep on the ship and oddly enough wake around 6:30 am feeling very refreshed.. try that on a monday morning at home.. refreshed?? not so much LOL enjoy your balcony :)

Archived