First time cruisers - two questions!!

We are a couple of first time cruisers leaving in February going to the Caribbean and we have a couple of questions...

1 - Will they have printed deck plans when we get on the ship or should we print them before we get on?

2 - Are the docking times given on the itinerary firm? We are scheduled to dock in Old San Juan at 4pm and want to hit the POLO outlet store which closes at 5pm... cutting it close.

Any help is appreciated

Happy sailing!!!!

If you want printed deck plans, bring them along. I've never felt the need for such, though. There will be fixed maps in different places around the ship (usually in or near the elevator lobbies).

Dock times are usually pretty close to scheduled, but could be a littler earlier or later.

You can get a fold-out of deck plans at guest relatiions. There are 3 dimensional "maps" at the elevators and in the Promenade, if you are cruising on either a Freedom or Voyager class ship. They try to stick with scheduled arrival times in ports and usually do.

1. You don't really need to print out a layout of the ship. I was afraid I'd need one for the Liberty but I didn't. The Cruise Compass (your daily list of activities) will tell you where every single location of the ship is. And every time there's an activity, it'll say where it is.

For example, it'll say: 11am - Trivia - Schooner Bar - Deck 4

Now, when you go to deck 4, right by every elevator (on all decks) and staircase is a really pretty 3D thingy of where everything is on the entire ship (not just that deck), so you can easily find everything.

Here's what the Liberty one looks like:

3smeq.jpg

2. I've found they usually do match, but things can happen causing the time to change. But I don't recall ever docking somewhere significantly earlier.

Enjoy your first cruise!!

You won't need to bring deck plans..You can get a small foldout plan at the window when you are doing your checkin at the pier. or at guest relations aka the pursers desk....also deckplans are on a model of the ship on each level near the elevators....Docking times are pretty close to schedule..you will need to get off quickly to get where you want to go..but you should be fine..Good luck and enjoy your cruise !!!

Archived