CIGARS N BALCONIES What say you?

pnjkeith

Smells won't kill ya and smoke is not an allergen.....

Next??

I beg to differ...I have no sense of smell but always know when there is smoke around cause I can't breath. If it isn't a true allergen but does the same thing as an allergy I don't think it matters much...kinda like arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I'm not a smoker, but your on the balcony, in the open air, I mean both parties paid for the trip, so both should be able to enjoy themselves.

I know a lot of asthma sufferers that are very irritated by smells, and smoke does seem to be a trigger, but if I were a person that had that problem I think I would carry a small fan around, if someone is smoking and the wind is blowing to toward me then I could just set my fan up to blow it away, problem solved.

I like the smell of GOOD cigars, and truthfully smoke smells do not bother me at all and I am an exsmoker, it took about a year for me to get over the cravings after that, no problem.

I think the world could be situated for both smokers and non smokers rights and comfort if people were a little less rabid.

Anyway I seriously doubt it will ever be solved on CC, there will always be disagreement on this subject.

If I bring my giant fan - where do I pack it - carry-on or in my unlocked/locked luggage?

Seriously, a fan on the balcony? :eek: I'm going to have to get one of these 50 foot extension cords - oh, but they might not allow that...

Evidently you have not read the information that smoke's only an irritant' date=' not an allergen.

Here, let me help ya:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Are-You-Allergic-to-Cigarette-Smoke?&id=3138213

http://ask.doctoroz.com/question/is-cigarette-smoke-an-allergen

These'll get ya kick started.[/quote']

Yep, true scientific heroes!

First of all, my panties :eek: are not in a bunch - actually I don';t have panties :cool:.

If you are referring to the Paradise, it was ahead of it's time. But that time may be coming back!

Is this thread even about cigar smoking anymore?

The panties was for humour. This thread was started by me at the request of another poster. It was all for fun. For the most part it has been.

Smoke can trigger flare ups.........which will cause the same symptoms.........but that's ok because it is not an allergin:confused:

i wasn't saying whether it was ok or not, just correcting a common misconception that cigarette smoke is an allergin...Exposure to enough of an allergin can cause you to go into Anaphylactic shock, however smoke from the end of my cigarette will do nothing but irritate you..

The panties was for humour. This thread was started by me at the request of another poster. It was all for fun. For the most part it has been.

As was my response.

Are you from the UK? Or have you been reading too much of John's blog.

humour (spelt correctly) :D

This is sparkley pink fur from our guniea pig......Am I getting close?

No way would my Guinea Pigs be caught dead in this bright pink fur!

--Actually Cavies (Guinea Pigs) have hair, not fur. Good pets for people with fur allergies.

Not mine, but ain't she pretty! I think the head is in the front.:)

peruvian.jpg

Now back to Smoke and allergies/irritants.

If people can enjoy their balconies by doing the nasty on it....then surely can can enjoy it how you see fit...even if that includes a cigar

Yep...I saw a guy named Bill C. on the balcony of his cabin enjoying both...:eek::D:eek:

If you smell smoke, whatever the source, and you don't like it, complain early and often to security and the purser's desk. Enough complaints will get the job done.

Hardly. They can stop me from something I'm allowed to do.

I have been on numerous cruises on different cruise lines and cigar smoking was not allowed on balconys, only cigarettes. Smoke is smoke, but I guess that there is a difference to the cruise lines. It seem that Carnival has very relaxed rules on smoking. On one cruise I even had a person complain to the purser about my cigar smoking on the balcony.

I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago. I know that smoke doesn't travel very far in the open air. If I'm on my balcony, and the wind is blowing, the person on the next balcony, down wind, would have to be hanging over the railing to smell it. So I simply wait til they are not on the railing, cuz if there behind the partician sitting on a chair they wouldn't smell it at all. Some would still rant and rave and complain, but some also complain about sunsets too.

As one who hates the smell of smoke - cigar or cigarette - I have suggested that one side of the ship allow smoking on the balconies, and the other not. And as much as I hate to be driven off my balcony from the smell, I also recognize someone else's right to smoke.

Would that make everyone happy?

Do you like sunsets?

No way would my Guinea Pigs be caught dead in this bright pink fur!

--Actually Cavies (Guinea Pigs) have hair, not fur. Good pets for people with fur allergies.

Not mine, but ain't she pretty! I think the head is in the front.:)

peruvian.jpg

Now back to Smoke and allergies/irritants.

That's the trouble with tribbles! :D

That's the trouble with tribbles! :D

Love the Star Trek reference ;) My wife and I honeymooned in Vegas, and visited the Star Trek experience. Which I'm sad to say has been removed completely. Ate @ Quarks bar, stumped the staff with a TNG question about their dessert called "One moon circles", which was really good and tasty lol.

OP....I just found out one can smoke in the cabins....that was a shocker....unless i just read a really old thread....LOL....

Anyway....I love my balcony.....I have smelt....cigerettes....cigars, "funny cigerettes....etc.....That dosent bother me one bit.....I can't stand when people sit on their balconies and YAP on their cellphones. Or have really loud obnoxious convos....I like the quiet.....but even then i have the choice to step back into MY cabin.:D

Kerri

I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago. I know that smoke doesn't travel very far in the open air. If I'm on my balcony, and the wind is blowing, the person on the next balcony, down wind, would have to be hanging over the railing to smell it. So I simply wait til they are not on the railing, cuz if there behind the partician sitting on a chair they wouldn't smell it at all. Some would still rant and rave and complain, but some also complain about sunsets too.

If only all cigar smokers shared these actions. :D

You are absolutely right about the ranting as you can't please everyone.

Love the Star Trek reference ;) My wife and I honeymooned in Vegas, and visited the Star Trek experience. Which I'm sad to say has been removed completely. Ate @ Quarks bar, stumped the staff with a TNG question about their dessert called "One moon circles", which was really good and tasty lol.

I saw that too. It was a great exhibit and experience! ;)

i wasn't saying whether it was ok or not, just correcting a common misconception that cigarette smoke is an allergin...Exposure to enough of an allergin can cause you to go into Anaphylactic shock, however smoke from the end of my cigarette will do nothing but irritate you..

Smoke can trigger a flare up......which could cause someone with asthma to have a hard time breathing..........you call it irritating........

Smoke can trigger a flare up......which could cause someone with asthma to have a hard time breathing..........you call it irritating........

"he's" not calling smoke an irritant;the medical professionals are.

If someone with asthma is that sensitive to smoke....then why would that person choose to cruise on a ship where the smoking policy is liberal?

There are other options.

Archived