CIGARS N BALCONIES What say you?

pnjkeith

Allergies to cigarette smoking is a myth. It's an irritant not an allergen. Plus most of the people that are "allergic" really are just being hyper sensitive about the smell and just say they are allergic.

Here read this:

http://*************/hub/Allergic-to-Cigarette-Smoke

Evidently you know of nobody or experienced anyone close to you that have severe allergies.........

Allergies to cigarette smoking is a myth. It's an irritant not an allergen. Plus most of the people that are "allergic" really are just being hyper sensitive about the smell and just say they are allergic.

Here read this:

hubpages dot com/hub/Allergic-to-Cigarette-Smoke

I think there are a lot of "allergic" people who will disagree about that article and statement. Anyway, out of consideration for others, smoking shouldn't be done on stateroom balconies.

I think there are a lot of "allergic" people who will disagree about that article and statement. Anyway, out of consideration for others, smoking shouldn't be done on stateroom balconies.

Yes, we should only consider your wishes. Nevermind if I'd rather not be on the deck with everyone else. Or if I'd like to watch the sun set on my balcony, or enjoy the ocean view before bed with a cigar and glass of scotch... How hypocritical is it, to point out how rude smokers are, and yet be just as rude to point out that people shouldn't use their balconies for something approved by the cruiseline? You use your balcony for what you wish, I'll use mine for what I wish (provided what we wish is allowed by carnival :p)

To those that are allergic, and I do believe there are people out there, it's no different than encountering smokers on land @ at your local bar or dinner place if you go out (not smoking inside, but those who smoke just outside the door.

There are health risks associated, but you face them not just on a cruise, but everywhere in your daily lives as well. No need to impose your will on anyone else, just because you don't like it.

About smoking anything on the balcony...You have purchased (leased) this bit of real estate for the week (or so). Do what you want on the balcony (as long as its legal that is). I had the misfortune of bunking next to small children whose parents let them go on the balcony at 0700 each morning and blow their kazoos! Now what's worse? To me its the noise when I am trying to sleep in!:mad:

That would be annoying. Maybe you should have went on the balcony and cussed and carried on and they might have told their children not to be on the balcony.

Light that cigar and enjoy it to the fullest on YOUR balcony.. (and I don't smoke )

Your outdoors..

On our recent pride cruise our neighboring balcony "tenants" were smoking more than that, even though we didn't like it it wasn't really our business , it was their vacation too :-)

They seemed to always go in once we came out so it worked out well..

Smoke is smoke to them though ;) lol

Actually they seem to focus on the cigarrette somkers until someone brings up cigars....there are much less cigar smokers and the majority of the ones I know are very considerate and make sure they are in designated areas.

I would like to ban cigarrette smokers from the cigar lounge...LOL

the stinky burning paper ruins the good aroma of a fine cigar...and it's the cigar bar....we can't smoke in the piano bar and they can so why should they invade our space? LOL :p:rolleyes::D

Actually they seem to focus on the cigarrette smokers until someone brings up cigars....there are much less cigar smokers and the majority of the ones I know are very considerate and make sure they are in designated areas.

I would like to ban cigarrette smokers from the cigar lounge...LOL

the stinky burning paper ruins the good aroma of a fine cigar...and it's the cigar bar....we can't smoke in the piano bar and they can so why should they invade our space? LOL :p:rolleyes::D

1. Guilty as charged? lol

2. LOL that's kinda funny, and yet perversely true...

Bring Glade(who really thinks to pack that)! That's what our neighbors did on our last cruise. My fiance and I along with another couple had an adjoining balcony and got Gladed by our neighbors. It was actually pretty funny. My fiance and I don't smoke often but last summer we also had an upstairs neighbor spray off his apartment balcony at us. We just couldn't escape it!:D

Disney does not allow smoking in any rooms or balconies nor in any interior portions of the ship.

Wrong!!!!

Disney Cruises

Where You Can Smoke: Smoking is permitted on the starboard side of all open decks (except near Mickey's Pool) and cabin balconies.

Where You Can't: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas, including cabins.

Source is from our very own CC:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=225

This is all in fun...

But I am subjected to the perfume in all areas of the ship..not only on a Balcony...Second Hand perfume causes Migraines :eek:

And.....most folks buy those awful,awful "designer" fragrances that are all chemical based.....and drown themselves in it.... It's nauseating...especially sitting next to someone or in an elevator.....

GAG!!!!

Not hardly.......

So why is it that I don't see anyone differentiate when talking about smoking on a balcony?

I find this to be true also..........

That is true. Most of the cigar smokers I know, go out of their way to make sure they're as courteous as they can be to non smokers.

I agree with your right to smoke as it is permitted, but please have the courtesy to see where your smoke may be blowing, especially if there is a gentle breeze.

Well, like many things in the natural world, we are unableto control the wind.....

So, if the wind is blowing in your direction,move.....

You mean like your smoke restricting someone's use of their balcony just to make your cruise better...is that fair?

Yep, it's fair.

YOU have choices. There are plenty of ships where smoking is severely restricted or prohibited...... Try one.

Would you feel that way if someone was doing something offensive that was bothering you? Playing loud music, slamming doors etc while you were sleeping, spitting or peeing on your balcony...whatever it is...

We govern all types of behavior by saying where and when people can do things. For example, we don't have co-ed bathrooms, as a general rule. Many people would be greatly disturbed about having to share a bathroom with the opposite sex. I on the otherhand could care less - it doesn't mean that I don't respect other people's needs - in this case privacy.

We ask people all the time to balance their personal rights with that of the community. The 4th amendment, and all it's exceptions are the ultimate example of that. It is done with the idea of respecting everyones needs and wishes - both personal and communal. I respect a person's right to smoke, I just wish certain smokers would respect my right not to smell it.

Again - can't we all just get along? My side of the ship smoke free - the other side, smokers have a ball!

Yadda, yadda.

Smoking on a ship isn't a 4th Amendment issue.

It's a policy issue.

Don't like it? Try Celebrity or Azamara or MSC or others where smoking is severely restricted.

The world doesn't revolve around any individual....we all go around together...no one has any more or less "right" that any one else.

C'mon. How bad can the cigar smell be on the open sea?? I can't believe you're comparing the slight smell of a cigar smoked outside to sharing a bathroom with the opposite sex! :rolleyes:

There seems to be no limits to the amount of ranting some do.....

OP also brought the 4th Amendment into the mix.....funny...,,...,:D

smoking is a CHOICE and it's not ok to force your own CHOICE onto other people by smoking in places that are near them. When you smoke on your balcony, it fills other rooms with smoke and means I can't use my balcony without smelling your disgusting, cancer-causing filth. Keep it to yourself. It's your choice to be unhealthy and die by smoking, not mine.

If you could keep you smoke to yourself then I'd belive that you should be able to smoke anywhere but that's not the case, it goes everywhere. Second hand smoke kills too and you don't have the right to force that upon people.

Smoke away though, please thin the heard a little more.

It's perfectly fine to make the CHOICE to smoke where permitted. Your choice is to put up with it, avoid it or try another cruise line where smoking is more restricted.

Archived