Miami hotel with free airport/POM shuttle

waterbugohio

How do I find a hotel that has free airport/POM shuttle without checking out every hotel in Miami??

I found the LaQuinta near the airport, but thinking we would like something just a little better. We are 8 women doing a girls weekend cruise. Would like the free shuttle as we are all coming into the airport at different times. Also would be nice to not have to taxi the next morning.

Anyone have any other suggestions besides the LaQuinta? We don't mind being out by the airport or not near the port, as we will just hang around the pool and not do much the night before.

Do not let a free shuttle entice you into a hotel you are not happy with; 2 mini-van cabs to POM from MIA area hotels will run $25-28 each. Look at Hampton Inn and other hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA. Good luck!:)

I know we shouldn't let the taxi fare make the call, but we are really trying to keep the cost down. This started as just a long weekend get together somewhere close and ended up being a weekend cruise with air flights.

Counting on a shuttle could absolutely put you in a horrible hotel and still end up taking a cab. There are only a very few decent hotels in Miami that have cruise and airport shuttles.

You would be much better off picking a hotel in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. I believe the Courtyard Marriot has an airport shuttle and is within walking distance to lots of shopping and dining. None of the airport hotels have any shopping or dining.

I agree with Blue Herons...don't get locked into a hotel with shuttles....at least in that area, generally the hotels with shuttles are places you don't want to stay......and many of the hotels in the airport area have aren't near anything......

The Residence Inn in Coconut Grove is good....or, you could try Hotwire. Priceline won't work for you as you probably need rooms with 2 beds and you can't be guaranteed that with PL.

We have stayed here twice already and getting ready for our third stay in late April. LaQuinta Inn East - free airport shuttle and port shuttle (to port only - need a taxi for trip back). Also free breakfast bar and free parking for up to two weeks. We have been extremely pleased with our nice clean rooms there as well. We have joined their rewards program and our next night's stay is FREE!:)

We have stayed here twice already and getting ready for our third stay in late April. LaQuinta Inn East - free airport shuttle and port shuttle (to port only - need a taxi for trip back). Also free breakfast bar and free parking for up to two weeks. We have been extremely pleased with our nice clean rooms there as well. We have joined their rewards program and our next night's stay is FREE!:)

lambs, thanks so much for the info. While I really appreciate all the points everyone has made, we need to keep the cost down. We know we will not be getting five start (even four) but we are ok with that. Would you happen to have any photos of the LaQuinta??

lambs, thanks so much for the info. While I really appreciate all the points everyone has made, we need to keep the cost down. We know we will not be getting five start (even four) but we are ok with that. Would you happen to have any photos of the LaQuinta??

LOL Never thought to take any photos, but the photos below on the Tripadvisor.com review site are just what we remember. http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4040&propId=4040&TAHotelCode=4040&IATA=99020726&WT.srch=1&sissr=1 Room was standard and very clean. The superior queen bed ones have a mini fridge and a microwave. Do try to ask for a room in the back and on floors 2 or 3 as they have less flight noise and the superior rooms are a bit larger.

LOL Never thought to take any photos, but the photos below on the Tripadvisor.com review site are just what we remember. http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4040&propId=4040&TAHotelCode=4040&IATA=99020726&WT.srch=1&sissr=1 Room was standard and very clean. The superior queen bed ones have a mini fridge and a microwave. Do try to ask for a room in the back and on floors 2 or 3 as they have less flight noise and the superior rooms are a bit larger.

thanks, while taking everyones opinions, I still think we are going to book there. I didn't see an option for superior rooms, but will recheck.

did you have trouble waiting for the shuttle for the port? One of the eight girls are coming in on wednesday already, so she would be able to sign us up as soon as she got there.

thanks, while taking everyones opinions, I still think we are going to book there. I didn't see an option for superior rooms, but will recheck.

did you have trouble waiting for the shuttle for the port? One of the eight girls are coming in on wednesday already, so she would be able to sign us up as soon as she got there.

Yes, make sure you sign up for the shuttle just as soon as you arrive (or the first member of your party) as the timeslots fill up quickly. Guess they don't call it superior - but King with microwave and fridge. However, the rooms with two beds are not bad, just tend to be a bit noisier.

we are also staying at Laquinta and our flight is coming in late at night. Can i call a few days before and put our name on the list for the shuttle over to the port in the morning? For the time we are arriving at the hotel i know we will be on the bottom of the list.

lambs, we are staying at Laquinta in April..is there any place in walking distance to eat or are there any menus for places that might deliver there? Not really wanting to take a cab if we can avoid it...

Only thing within walking distance is a Bennigans with waitress service. Used to love that chain but the ones in our town all closed and we thought the chain had gone belly up. Not sure if this is still a chain one, orjust an independent restuarant using the name. It was closed for awhile but reopened again last spring. The front desk clerk at La Quyinta did not recommend it. We always have our car so several restaurants area mile or so away, but not in walking distance. You will receive MANY flyers under your door at La Quinta for takeout places (pizza, Chinese, subs, etc.) but we have never used those either so can't recommend any specifically

we are also staying at Laquinta and our flight is coming in late at night. Can i call a few days before and put our name on the list for the shuttle over to the port in the morning? For the time we are arriving at the hotel i know we will be on the bottom of the list.

You can try. We called about that one time and they said to get on the list when you got there. Doesn't hurt to ask though, as things may have changed. The girl who answered the phone the time we called told us they only kept the list one day ahead and needed a room number, which you won't have been assigned to ahead of time.

I was in the same situation with getting in very late after a flight to miami. I asked someone at the desk about it, she said I could call in the morning on the day I was scheduled to check in, tell whoever took the call that our check in would be late due to our flight - and ask to reserve a time slot for a shuttle.

Heads up on that - you don't get to pick and choose your time. They fill the earliest time slots first, and when that time slot is full move to the next one. So it's great if you want to get to the port first thing - but if you want a more leisurely start on your day you would need to call later or keep trying back.

lambs, we are staying at Laquinta in April..is there any place in walking distance to eat or are there any menus for places that might deliver there? Not really wanting to take a cab if we can avoid it...

looks like there are lots of places within 1/2 mile. fast food & a cuban sandwich place. i don't care about eating fancy before a cruise, but i do like something different. we are booked there 5/9 before our cruise. we have stayed @ another before a cruise & were satisfied.

Heads up on that - you don't get to pick and choose your time. They fill the earliest time slots first, and when that time slot is full move to the next one. So it's great if you want to get to the port first thing...

Just completely out of curiosity, how many shuttles do they run? Are they mini-vans, shuttle buses, or larger? We took a cab from MIA to downtown and it took some time; I can't imagine them doing this with only one vehicle, but do they?

Not staying there, never would - was just curious. Thanks.

Just completely out of curiosity, how many shuttles do they run? Are they mini-vans, shuttle buses, or larger? We took a cab from MIA to downtown and it took some time; I can't imagine them doing this with only one vehicle, but do they?

Not staying there, never would - was just curious. Thanks.

I believe they ran often, at least every hour, maybe more. I honestly can't tell you - friend had a hissy fit at the airport and we ended up renting a car anyhow. So half the benefit of staying there was lost. Almost missed the cruise getting lost, trouble finding the rental car to drop off & get a ride to the port. I'm sure the shuttle service isn't perfect, but imho it would have spared the 20 extra gray hairs I got making it on to the ship at 3:15. But I digress. :o

looks like there are lots of places within 1/2 mile. fast food & a cuban sandwich place. i don't care about eating fancy before a cruise, but i do like something different. we are booked there 5/9 before our cruise. we have stayed @ another before a cruise & were satisfied.

The La Quinta is in a dismal, deserted (after dark) airport boundary area. There is precious little retail within easy walking distance other than the re-opened Bennigan's out front. This is perhaps the major disadvantage of the hotel. There are many newer, nicer airport-area hotels, a good number in better locations. The only reasons to stay at the La Quinta are the free shuttle to the port or, if you have a car, the free cruise parking.

Archived