Paxs left in Progresso on Feb 3rd

Nannersmom

When we were leaving Progresso Feb 3rd on the Ecstasy they kept paging for pax...well guess they weren't on the ship because as we were leaving the dock two pax came running up trying to "flag" the ship down.

THe Trumiph was docked next to us that day and as we were watching from the deck, it looked like someone took them onto the Trumiph.

Would Trumiph had put them up for the night and then brought them to the next dock? (Cozumel). Just wondering. Would these pax be "charged" a fee if Trumiph put them up for the night?

So for anyone who ever doubts when they say the ship will leave you...watching the total horror on the pax faces when they watched the ship sail away told the story. It will leave you!

I always took this warning to heart (and have a passport!!!)

When we were leaving Progresso Feb 3rd on the Ecstasy they kept paging for pax...well guess they weren't on the ship because as we were leaving the dock two pax came running up trying to "flag" the ship down.

THe Trumiph was docked next to us that day and as we were watching from the deck, it looked like someone took them onto the Trumiph.

Would Trumiph had put them up for the night and then brought them to the next dock? (Cozumel). Just wondering. Would these pax be "charged" a fee if Trumiph put them up for the night?

So for anyone who ever doubts when they say the ship will leave you...watching the total horror on the pax faces when they watched the ship sail away told the story. It will leave you!

I always took this warning to heart (and have a passport!!!)

How nice of the Triumph to take them on! Never thought there might be an alternative like this one if one were left ashore.

I will say this: we were on the 1/9/10 sailing on the Ecstasy and the cruise director, Steve Cassell did say during the shore talk about Progreso that we should bring our camera with us because if we missed the ship, we could take a picture of it sailing away.

On this same sailing, we never found out why we left 1.5 hours late out of Galveston and watched the guys doing some serious body language on the bridge. Somebody was seriously unhappy.

In addition to all this, we had the great misfortune of meeting the very first captain ever that turned out to be a big bump on a log.

How nice of the Triumph to take them on! Never thought there might be an alternative like this one if one were left ashore.

I will say this: we were on the 1/9/10 sailing on the Ecstasy and the cruise director, Steve Cassell did say during the shore talk about Progreso that we should bring our camera with us because if we missed the ship, we could take a picture of it sailing away.

On this same sailing, we never found out why we left 1.5 hours late out of Galveston and watched the guys doing some serious body language on the bridge. Somebody was seriously unhappy.

In addition to all this, we had the great misfortune of meeting the very first captain ever that turned out to be a big bump on a log.

Agree 100% on the captain....not very pleasant.

My cabin Stewart Levi....LOVED HIM!!!!

We had cameras, but the scene was actually so sad and horrible none of could take a picture of it. Probably should have and post as a warning. The shear terror on their faces would have said it!!

Don't know if Trumiph brought them to the next port, ...was wondering if they would have and if someone would have to pay for this courtesy.

We all loss track of time when we are on vacation...but being back on ship on time is to important! Another note, we sailed 40 mins late because of waiting for them. So the ship did try to wait.

No they were on the Ecstasy...Watching all the "excitment" on the dock , the guy running to the Trumiph ship, back to his partner, and back to the Trumiph staff, back to his partner, and one could tell she was distraught. It was only after the "running" back and forth did someone from Trumiph come down and appear to talk to them, they then walked to the crew ramp of the Trumiph and was still standing there when we last saw them. It was easy to tell they missed the ship, not mistaken which ship left.

oh so they weren't just late, but at lease over 40 mins. late. so they thought they were so important they could hold the ship up for them.

Actually was over 40 mins late...when we calulated on the ship it was over an hour late..

Was suppose to be on the ship by 3:30...ship was schedule to sail at 4:00...we left around 4:40...

Why does this all stick in my mind, because we were waiting on deck to take pictures as we sailed from the port and were discussing what time it was and why were we leaving so late (not to mention that we really wanted to go get something to eat but did not want to miss sail away)

4 of our tablesmates went shopping for the day In Grand Cayman & simply had the wrong time to get back to the ship (not drinking)

Needless to say, we left at the designated time and they arrived at the pier an hour late:eek: they had to pay someone to bring them all the way to the ship at the toon of $500......that was after they had been paged 10 times & their cabins ransacked.......we laughed for days......after the shock was over, so did they!

oh so they weren't just late, but at lease over 40 mins. late. so they thought they were so important they could hold the ship up for them.

There is a real sense of power to be in a position to say- Please tell the Captain I am not ready to leave. I once was in the position. And he waited for 2 hours until I was ready to board. Being special can be really nice- the ego swells.

There is a real sense of power to be in a position to say- Please tell the Captain I am not ready to leave. I once was in the position. And he waited for 2 hours until I was ready to board. Being special can be really nice- the ego swells.

They did know the ship was charged by the minute to wait for them didn't they?

Agree 100% on the captain....not very pleasant.

My cabin Stewart Levi....LOVED HIM!!!!

We had cameras, but the scene was actually so sad and horrible none of could take a picture of it. Probably should have and post as a warning. The shear terror on their faces would have said it!!

Don't know if Trumiph brought them to the next port, ...was wondering if they would have and if someone would have to pay for this courtesy.

We all loss track of time when we are on vacation...but being back on ship on time is to important! Another note, we sailed 40 mins late because of waiting for them. So the ship did try to wait.

We've never had the pleasure of having Stewart Levi.

I think we had his brother Eduardo Levi once. If Stewart was anything like his brother no wonder you loved him.;)

Bill

We've never had the pleasure of having Stewart Levi.

I think we had his brother Eduardo Levi once. If Stewart was anything like his brother no wonder you loved him.;)

Bill

I thought those brothers names were Levi and Eduardo Steward...:D

This is our favorite passtime on the ship. Watching for late comers. LOL We always make sure we are back on ship at least half an hour to an hour before sail time. Never want to be one of those people.

You bet. It ranks right up there with watching people pulling their boats out of the lake.:D

On one of our cruises passengers were left at the port of call-Cozumel. It's a great drinking port but as adults we have a responsibility to get back on board on time. As a previous poster stated the ship pays extra port charges to wait and that costs us all in the end.

A colleague of mine told me of a missing the boat story on a RCL ship - it was a child! :eek:

Some idiot parent left her child in port (and not a teen either, not that it makes much difference in my mind). From what she told me, the ship sailed away, they had time to get into the dining room and then suddenly felt the engines shutter into reverse to slow the ship down. Some speed boat was racing up to them with the child. Captain later announced that if it hadn't been a child, he would have kept going.

I still shake my head at the stupidity of this parent!!!

This is our favorite passtime on the ship. Watching for late comers. LOL We always make sure we are back on ship at least half an hour to an hour before sail time. Never want to be one of those people.

The Costa Maya pier is prime for "runner" watching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahjo

The Costa Maya pier is prime for "runner" watching!

We always seem to gravitate to the rail to watch the late "runners" as well as those who seem to maybe had a drink to two too much navigate the pier. :D

Archived