Are you supposed to get 32 bottles/cans in the elite minibar set up?

Princess Patches

I was on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico last week and called food/beverage service to switch out all of my elite minibar set up for coke and bottled water. I was given 32 cans/bottles (16 cokes and 16 bottled waters). There were so many I could not fit it all in the refrigerator. I asked the delivery person and I called down to food/beverage to ask whether this was a mistake. They assured me it was correct.

The next day my mother and sister in the cabin next door also got 32 cans in their switch (different delivery person). They called down to food/beverage and were assured 32 was the correct number.

As I recall from my last cruise we got about 20 cans in our switch. How many do you get when you switch?

It recently changed (supposedly) to a one to one exchange, no matter which you change out. If you want a coke for a bottle of vodka, it's an even exchange. Not sure why they exchanged your bar set up for so many, but I think maybe the rules haven't been shared fleet wide yet. I guess you just got very lucky. ;)

Here is a link to the explanation of how the bar set up can be changed out now. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

It used to be that when you switched out the entire minibar for sodas and water, you were given the actual value credit of the minibar liquors/alcoholic drinks so that you would receive this many sodas/water. The liquor and beer is much more expensive than the sodas and water. Recently Princess started a one for one switch out, which really rips off the people who drink the non-alcoholic drinks in terms of actual value.

When something like this happens where a ship is using a more fair policy of giving non-drinkers the actual value of the minibar, IMHO I really don't think it is a good idea to point that out and make a big deal on these boards. I would be grateful that a ship realized the inequity of an even trade for a bottle of alcohol for a can of soda. The best thing that could happen would be for this thread to die rather than continuing it so that it could result in undue attention and perhaps slapping down of the ship in question by the powers that be.

I alwasy trade in all of my stuff for Diet Coke, aned have received any # from about 12 to 30. I never seems to be consistent ship to ship. Last couple of times I was told it was on a $$ for $$ basis and even had a phone call explaining this and why I received an odd # A one to one item excahnge doesn't seem quite fair to me as the liquor has to be more expensive

I was on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico last week and called food/beverage service to switch out all of my elite minibar set up for coke and bottled water. I was given 32 cans/bottles (16 cokes and 16 bottled waters). There were so many I could not fit it all in the refrigerator. I asked the delivery person and I called down to food/beverage to ask whether this was a mistake. They assured me it was correct.

The next day my mother and sister in the cabin next door also got 32 cans in their switch (different delivery person). They called down to food/beverage and were assured 32 was the correct number.

As I recall from my last cruise we got about 20 cans in our switch. How many do you get when you switch?

I was told in the past that the total value was approx $85, so when I asked for Rum/coke they did the same for me. A tray full of sodas and 2 bottles of rum.

Thats the way it should be but on recent cruises it was much less. It is interpeted differently on every ship.

It recently changed (supposedly) to a one to one exchange, no matter which you change out. If you want a coke for a bottle of vodka, it's an even exchange. Not sure why they exchanged your bar set up for so many, but I think maybe the rules haven't been shared fleet wide yet. I guess you just got very lucky. ;)

Here is a link to the explanation of how the bar set up can be changed out now. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

What if you want to exchange a can of coke for the vodka? Probably can't do that! :p

• 2 months later...
Now there's a thought. If it's truly a one-to-one exchange, someone should put it to the test!

You can trade liquors for others of the same brands that are in the setup.

You cannot trade soda for liquor, but can for other soda.

You can trade liquors for others of the same brands that are in the setup.

You cannot trade soda for liquor, but can for other soda.

We exchange everything for beer. We have never received the same exchange rate twice. One time it was 1-1, another time it was 1 beer for 2 sodas/waters, and another time it was 1 beer for 3 soda/waters. No idea why, no consistency

I got 20 the last time, as well.

Last year on Crown, the mini-bar setup include a card offering

to restock each item, and its price. Based on the re-stocking

price, this is what it worked out to:

Courvoisier VS $6.25 2 $12.50

Beefeater Gin $4.95 2 $9.90

Smirnoff Vodka $4.95 2 $9.90

Canadian Club Whisky $4.95 2 $9.90

Dos Equis Beer $4.35 2 $8.70

Tonic Water $1.95 2 $3.90

Coca Cola $1.95 2 $3.90

Sprite $1.95 2 $3.90

Bottled Water $2.00 2 $4.00

Perrier $2.65 2 $5.30

Total $71.90

I'm hoping I can switch some of it out for minis of rum.....rum and oj is a good thing!

Don't want to burst your bubble here, but mini bottles of rum just don't exist. I know, we keep trying, but they don't carry them. :(

Earlier this year on a 7 day cruise on the Crown we were given 3 set-ups--which is the way it should be-- but hardly ever is--2--Elites and 1--suite set up. This had to be the first for 3 set-ups--Are we the only ones that don't get 2 set-ups for 2 Elite passengers ????

Nancy:D

Earlier this year on a 7 day cruise on the Crown we were given 3 set-ups--which is the way it should be-- but hardly ever is--2--Elites and 1--suite set up. This had to be the first for 3 set-ups--Are we the only ones that don't get 2 set-ups for 2 Elite passengers ????

Nancy:D

elite members who reserve a full suite receive two mini bar set ups.....one for being elite and one for sailing in a full suite.....not 3 set ups

Don't want to burst your bubble here, but mini bottles of rum just don't exist. I know, we keep trying, but they don't carry them. :(

Toto,

Believe what you may, but Bacardi White does actually come in minis for consumption. They are used on airlines and are often tagged on as a bonus when you buy a 26oz/750ml bottle on a sales promotion. In addition, I have also seen them sold in minipaks of 6.

Mind you this is in Canada, and I don't know if production and marketing differ extensively in the US.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived