Printing Boarding Passes for Return

cruisemama69

Does anyone know how I would go about getting my airline boarding passes printed the day before we return to port? Is this something the pursurer's desk could do? I dont like to wait until I get to the airport. Also would like to avoid paying for internet time on the ship.:eek:

Thanks

Does anyone know how I would go about getting my airline boarding passes printed the day before we return to port? Is this something the pursurer's desk could do? I dont like to wait until I get to the airport. Also would like to avoid paying for internet time on the ship.:eek:

Thanks

Ive always been able to print out both departing and return boarding passes at the same time.. i guess it depends on which airline...

Ive always been able to print out both departing and return boarding passes at the same time.. i guess it depends on which airline...

Unless it is Southwest and you need to do it 24 hours prior to flight. What we do in that case is have someone from home do it and reprint when we get to the airport.

You could use Luggage Express if the ship you are sailing offers it, and if the airline you're using participates. Your flight has to be after a certain time, usually around 11:30 or so (depends on the port). It costs you $20 per person, with a minimum of 2 bags each. The Purser will then print out your boarding pass for you and you will get it in your cabin the day before debarkation. They send your luggage directly to the airport for you. Once you get to the airport, you can go straight to security since you don't have to check your bags.

Not every airline does Luggage Express (Southwest does NOT), and not every port has it.

Other than having someone at home check you in online, and then you can reprint your boarding pass once you get to the airport, as the previous poster suggested.....I can't think of a way to avoid using the internet on the ship to get it done.

I like to have my boarding passes ahead of time, but this last cruise, I did not do it because the internet on the ship is really slow. We got to the airport almost 3 hours before our flight, so I felt ok about not checking in ahead of time. We had no problems at all by doing it that way.

Good luck! :)

Do they have printers in the computer rooms onboard?

Yes they do, but they charge you to print. I don't remember the cost, but they charge you by the page.

You can always check in online, but don't print the boarding passes until you get to the airport.

I have never heard of an airline these days that lets you print boarding passes for both legs of a round trip at the same time! Hmm? IF it is Southwest, you can use a mobile phone to check in and then just print the boarding passes at the airport. You will get your boarding group and no. when you check in.

Use: mobile.southwest.com

For other airlines, I am afraid you have to use a computer on board and then if there's no printer you just print at the airport.

I was wondering the same thing. We're flying home on Southwest from our May cruise. On Southwest it makes a difference since the seats are not assigned and you board in the order that you checked in (more or less). The earlier you get your boarding pass within the 24 hour window, the better your chance of avoiding two middle seats.

I hadn't thought of having someone do it from home for us. Great idea.

Are you flying Southwest? They now have "early bird check-in." For ten dollars you can be checked in 36 hours before your flight, thus getting A boarding, and then print the boarding pass once you get to the airport. Or, find someone at home that will be available to check you in. I just added early bird check-in for Southwest to my return flight. it was worth the $10 to know it would all be taken care of for me.

I have never heard of an airline these days that lets you print boarding passes for both legs of a round trip at the same time! Hmm? IF it is Southwest, you can use a mobile phone to check in and then just print the boarding passes at the airport. You will get your boarding group and no. when you check in.

For other airlines, I am afraid you have to use a computer on board and then if there's no printer you just print at the airport.

Spirit Airlines allows me to print both my departure and return boarding passes ive always also picked my seats for both legs of the trip as well and its printed on both passes.

If you are flying any airline EXCEPT Southwest- where you have an assigned seat... you can print out your boarding pass for both segments of your flight at the same time.

Are you flying Southwest? They now have "early bird check-in." For ten dollars you can be checked in 36 hours before your flight, thus getting A boarding, and then print the boarding pass once you get to the airport. Or, find someone at home that will be available to check you in. I just added early bird check-in for Southwest to my return flight. it was worth the $10 to know it would all be taken care of for me.

The last time I flew on SW there was an option for like $5 extra that allowed me to get pre-assigned to the A boarding list (yea!) and gave a coupon for a free alocholic drink- I got on early and ordered my free rum and coke!:D Maybe it was that early bird check in you mentioned T&DCruisers...all I remember is the free drink!!

I think someone mentioned it here- have a family member or friend at home check you in and then when you get to airport you can reprint the boarding passes...

Have fun!!

Diana :)

I know for a fact that United allows check in for both flights- I just did it this weekend for my DH who flew to Chicago...

The only problem with checking in via mobile phone is the cell phone bill they'll have once they get back home...:eek:

So that's how it is done! I checked in on a flight 2 minutes after the 24 hour start time and was A 46!

If you plan to use the internet on board the ship, you can check in and print out the passes at the internet cafe. Otherwise check in at the airport. We did that this last time as I didn't want to pay the set charge at the internet cafe. Too bad Carnival doesn't have this perk available to passengers for a nominal fee.

We just tried to print our boarding passes Friday on Liberty, as we were due to debark Saturday. They were having internet connection problems all week, but it really went down Friday. I paid a one time user fee of $3.95, then .75 a minute after that. It would have been .50 to print each page. I spent 9 minutes trying to get a connection. The worker in the room came over, and refunded (back to my sign and sail) all charges, as the connection was not consistent. Very nice of him. I went to the airport, checked in curbside, and got priority access with my boarding pass. (American) Was simple, easy, and truthfully, if I fly American again I would not bother trying to check in in advance. Liberty also offered luggage express - but the cost wasn't worth it to me. (I had 2 free suitcases due to booking before luggage fees were put into place)

Thanks

You can print your passes at the internet cafe. Of course, you're charged for the computer time - but, it's never take more than 6/7 minutes to bring up my reservation and print...a small charge, for sure.

So that's how it is done! I checked in on a flight 2 minutes after the 24 hour start time and was A 46!

Yep, with Business tickets and early bird check-in, regular A's don't start until like 35. I checked in at the very second the 24 hour start time and I was still 34?! My parents used the Early bird and they were in the early teens to board.

Yep, with Business tickets and early bird check-in, regular A's don't start until like 35. I checked in at the very second the 24 hour start time and I was still 34?! My parents used the Early bird and they were in the early teens to board.

A-ha! That's what I had- business select (not early bird check in)...a few extra bucks for the ticket and I got boarding pass of like A5 or something really low, and a free drink. I also got to go to front of line at security...sweet!!

Sad that I needed a drink on a stinkin' 45 minute flight (Baltimore to MacArthur- which is on Long Island)...but it helped calm my nerves!!! That and the few drinks in the airport bar ;)

If anyone is flying SW, I definitely recommend checking out the price and if not much extra just booking biz select!

Hmm? Just to clarify-- I KNOW you can get 2 boarding passes if you are flying say from San Diego to NYC with a change of planes in Baltimore. You get both boarding passes when you check in to fly BUT I have never been able to get a boarding pass for a flight from San Diego say to Chicago AND then Chicago back to San Diego flight at the SAME time!

You could use Luggage Express if the ship you are sailing offers it, and if the airline you're using participates. Your flight has to be after a certain time, usually around 11:30 or so (depends on the port). It costs you $20 per person, with a minimum of 2 bags each. The Purser will then print out your boarding pass for you and you will get it in your cabin the day before debarkation. They send your luggage directly to the airport for you. Once you get to the airport, you can go straight to security since you don't have to check your bags.

Not every airline does Luggage Express (Southwest does NOT), and not every port has it.

Other than having someone at home check you in online, and then you can reprint your boarding pass once you get to the airport, as the previous poster suggested.....I can't think of a way to avoid using the internet on the ship to get it done.

I like to have my boarding passes ahead of time, but this last cruise, I did not do it because the internet on the ship is really slow. We got to the airport almost 3 hours before our flight, so I felt ok about not checking in ahead of time. We had no problems at all by doing it that way.

Good luck! :)

Southwest does do Luggage Express. We did it on the Carnival Dream at the beginning of the month. Guest Services gave us luggage tags and printed out boarding passes the night before. We got group B boarding and we never saw our luggage til we got back to the RI airport. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Southwest does do Luggage Express. We did it on the Carnival Dream at the beginning of the month. Guest Services gave us luggage tags and printed out boarding passes the night before. We got group B boarding and we never saw our luggage til we got back to the RI airport. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

That is a new one....good

Hmm? Just to clarify-- I KNOW you can get 2 boarding passes if you are flying say from San Diego to NYC with a change of planes in Baltimore. You get both boarding passes when you check in to fly BUT I have never been able to get a boarding pass for a flight from San Diego say to Chicago AND then Chicago back to San Diego flight at the SAME time!

Like i said before i guess it depends on the airline, OR perhaps flights with no connections?? IDK but ALL my spirit flights ive printed both boarding passes prior to leaving for vacation, and actually my last flight in november to mexico aboard mexicana air and america airlines i had my boarding passes before i left for vacation for both legs of the trip...

If you plan to use the internet on board the ship, you can check in and print out the passes at the internet cafe. Otherwise check in at the airport. We did that this last time as I didn't want to pay the set charge at the internet cafe. Too bad Carnival doesn't have this perk available to passengers for a nominal fee.

I would be happy to pay a reasonable fee for this service as well. Carnival obtains boarding passes for those using the luggage program so it would seem this would be easy for them to offer.

Archived