Scavi tour confirmed

Nebr.cruiser

We just got confirmation for the Scavi tour of the excavations under St. Peter's in Rome. I'm kind of surprised because I just sent in our request a few days ago, but as of now it's a go!

It seems to be a perfect time for us too. Really looking forward to this tour.

We did the Scavi tour in November and really enjoyed it. We had to wait 4 months to get our confirmation, so congratulations.

I read The Bones of St Peter by Walsh. I highly recommend reading it before the tour. You will get alot more out of the tour knowing the history of the finding of the bones and the physical space that you will visit. Unfortunately, the pictures in the book are old and and not that good so visiting the site really brings the story alive. The book and tour really compliment each other.

We just got confirmation for the Scavi tour of the excavations under St. Peter's in Rome. I'm kind of surprised because I just sent in our request a few days ago, but as of now it's a go!

It seems to be a perfect time for us too. Really looking forward to this tour.

Congratulations on your confirmation for the tour. A couple of weeks ago, I requested a Scavi tour for a group of 8 for June 1. I received confirmation of receipt of our request the next day. I'm just curious--when is the date of your tour, and was it for a fairly large group, like ours?

I also requested a Scavi tour (for four adults) and received a very prompt receipt of acceptance the very next day. I don't know if we're lucky or what, but I've read so many reports of people who've not heard back from their request and everything is shrouded in mystery. Can anyone advise, does the tour end up in the Bascilica itself - and are we then free to go our own way and look around independentely in the Bascilica ?

Congratulations on your confirmation for the tour. A couple of weeks ago, I requested a Scavi tour for a group of 8 for June 1. I received confirmation of receipt of our request the next day. I'm just curious--when is the date of your tour, and was it for a fairly large group, like ours?

Our tour is for April 26th at 3:15. There are only two of us, so that might make a difference in how fast your tour is confirmed. Also, I'm sure June is busier than April.

In my case it ended below the Basilicca, where the tombs of the popes are. From there you could go out and back into St Peters (no need to go through security).

Our tour ended in the same place, but there are stairs you can ascend and you'll be inside St. Peters.....no need to go out.

Archived