Flash Fare Promotion Question?

Av8tor

I've read about these flash fares on CC and was wondering just what constitutes a flash fare? After 13 Princess cruises, I'm not sure I've ever gotten one...

Are they usually after final payment was due to fill unsold cabins?

Are they listed on the Princess website or just with TAs?

If on the Princess website, are they specifically designated "FLASH" or are they just a price reduction?

I've read about these flash fares on CC and was wondering just what constitutes a flash fare? After 13 Princess cruises, I'm not sure I've ever gotten one...

If on the Princess website, are they specifically designated "FLASH" or are they just a price reduction?

They are normally available on cruises with a certain percentage of empty staterooms to fill AFTER final payment, and are usually for new bookings only. So if you were already booked, you would not have been able to take advantage of them anyway.

Yes, as you say, after final payment to fill unsold staterooms.

No, they are not listed on the Princess website as a 'flash promotion'.

The ones I have purchased have always been after final payment was due to fill unsold cabins, and have seen no special designation about it being a promotion, flash or otherwise, just an obviously lower price close to sailing date.

Mike

Travel Agents receive "flash promotions" - I would contact an agent you work with and ask about any flash fares they have received recently.

This is one example when it is a good idea to have a relationship with a travel agent. I have been know to call my agent and say "I am looking for something next month - I am thinking coastal or Alaska - let me know if you receive any good flash fares" and then she will email me when she sees something she thinks I would be interested in.

Theresa

Correct that it is offered after the final payment, so then all the rooms that were cancelled are now sold for a great price. I always get the balcony guarantee & am upgraded to at least a BA on Caribe. But you need to get your travel insurance from Access America who has an $88 total for 2 over 55 with a Gold policy, that includes pre-now medical coverage (I forget the term), or whomever you want.

The ones I have purchased have always been after final payment was due to fill unsold cabins, and have seen no special designation about it being a promotion, flash or otherwise, just an obviously lower price close to sailing date.

Mike

It's great that Aft-Lover has a good relationship with the Upgrade Fairy, but never book a guarantee unless you're willing to take the worst possible cabin in that category and the categories that are higher. Princess has to put someone in the BG, BF, and BE balcony cabins. If you book the balcony guarantee, you might be the one who ends up in one of them.

It's great that Aft-Lover has a good relationship with the Upgrade Fairy, but never book a guarantee unless you're willing to take the worst possible cabin in that category and the categories that are higher. Princess has to put someone in the BG, BF, and BE balcony cabins. If you book the balcony guarantee, you might be the one who ends up in one of them.

How would you describe the BG, BF & BE balconies?

On the Crown, Emerald, and Caribbean Princess, the BG and BF balcony cabins are at the very front of the ship on the Baja Deck. There are just four of each. They're not bad if you don't mind the risk of motion by being at the front.

On the original three Grand class ships (Grand, Golden, and Star Princess), the BF and BE balcony cabins are on the Emerald Deck. They're the balcony cabins that have the balconies overlooking the Promenade Deck. You can see the people walking around and they can see you. These are the ones to avoid, in my opinion--although I'd gladly trade an obstructed view cabin for one of them.

We haven't sailed on the Diamond or Sapphire, but it looks like they have BF and BE as the lowest categories of balcony cabins--and they're situated like the BG and BF cabins on the Baja Deck like on the Emerald class ships.

Congratulations on your deal. Technically speaking, however, an FF is not better than an EE. But I'd rather be in an FF cabin than many of the EE ones, and perhaps you received a better located cabin than your original one.

Many times a TA can't change your cabin category after the final payment date because the new fares are for new bookings only.

Archived