JS vs Balcony

We are going on S. Caribbean with AOS. We booked balcony on 8th deck.

My TA emailed me that we could upgrade to JS for $180.00 each.

Now, we got a GREAT deal on the cruise, I mean really good, and paid to get the balcony.

We have only had balcony once, last cruise years ago, and I swore I would never go back.

I have heard the big difference in JS and reg balcony is bigger closet, tub, and more room.

What would you do if in my shoes?

That is about it, also you can check in at the suit desk, and you will get an extra cruise credit. I would be tempted as I like the extra room, and I like the bath, it depends how much time you will spend in the room.

We are going on S. Caribbean with AOS. We booked balcony on 8th deck.

My TA emailed me that we could upgrade to JS for $180.00 each.

Now, we got a GREAT deal on the cruise, I mean really good, and paid to get the balcony.

We have only had balcony once, last cruise years ago, and I swore I would never go back.

I have heard the big difference in JS and reg balcony is bigger closet, tub, and more room.

What would you do if in my shoes?

I would do it. $360 total to upgrade from a balcony to a JS is a very good price. For an example of a greater difference, check out Serenade. Serenade is a different ship that does a similar itinerary. The delta to go to a JS on Serenade is usually much greater.

That's an excellent price, usually the gap is much steeper. If the money isn't a huge issue for you I'd do it. If having spent the extra money will gnaw at you on the cruise and could diminish your enjoyment if the room isn't perfect / you don't love it, then I'd stick with the balcony.

DO IT!

We got a great upgrade on Liberty that I sailed two weeks ago. I'm still thinking about that room, and the balcony is HUGE. Unfortunately I think I'm spoiled forever...

It's a total no-brainer - upgrade yourselves - you'll be really, really happy! :cool:

We just upgraded on the Rhapsody from D-1 to a JS for a mere $50.00... Just wish it was aft.....I will keep checking! You never know what will open up!

Fifty bucks :eek:. we upgraded on the Voyager for $110 each last week and I thought that was good. Actually it still is good, but yours is great. :D

If the cost difference is not a huge issue for you, take the Junior Suite. The extra space is sweet. The balcony is spacious. Even the bathroom is an improvement. Don't forget you will get two cruise credits also if cruise credits are important to you. You won't get concierge priviledges in a JS, but even so, I feel the price you are being offered is very attractive.

There is one downside to a Junior Suite. Once you have sailed in one, it is hard to drop down to lower categories for subsequent cruises.

Sounds like a great deal. The difference from a balcony to a JS on our upcoming Mariner cruise is over $1000 for both of us. I keep checking to see if JS gty will open. There are almost 30 JS unsold on this sailing.

We will be sailing on AOS this weekend. We originally booked at D1 balcony, but upgraded to a JS after a price drop. We really like the extra room and larger bathroom. For such a small upgrade price, it is well worth it.

If. Don't forget you will get two cruise credits also if cruise credits are important to you. You won't get concierge priviledges in a JS, but ev

That is about it, also you can check in at the suit desk, and you will get an extra cruise credit. I would be tempted as I like the extra room, and I like the bath, it depends how much time you will spend in the room.

No, you don't get extra credits, only for regular suites, not jr.

I'll have to agree with the majority, a JS is really nice, especially since the balcony is wider than a regular balcony.

We've gotten extra credits from the 2 times we've cruised in JS's, I have no idea where VMcG' got their info.

Off topic a little bit, we have cruised on Mariner twice now, with a third coming up in April. The first time was a D1, the second in an E3. We preferred the E3 over the D1. Yes the D1 was larger, but it was all length and kind of wasted space. We found the TV to be not well placed, we don't watch a whole lot of TV, but it was a bit annoying for the person farthest from the TV. For the extra $ saved, I'd do the E category cabins.

On the RCI website under C&A Member Benefits it states (and I have letters from C&A that go back to 2006 and they all say the same thing)

Earn one cruise credit for each completed sailing and an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004) or when you sail on a 12-night or longer cruise/cruisetour (for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2003).

As long as your category has the word "suite" in it........you will get the extra credit.......no matter if it is Junior, Grand, Owner's, Royal Family or Royal (Plus all those fancy suites on Oasis and Allure)

This, however, could change if C&A does a little tweaking of their loyalty program sometime this year.

No' date=' you don't get extra credits, only for regular suites, not jr[/color'].

My DH and I are booked on the Voyager for next year's MG, March 6-13, 2011. We are going from a D2 balcony to a JS just because we want to try it. Our TA tells me we are going to get 2 credits and made a big deal about it when we upgraded our reservation.

No concierge service or special treatment, but for 7 days "I will feel like somebody" in a Junior Suite. :D

Gloria

Archived