Technical Question on Bookings

spittler

Hello all!

My wife and two kids (Age 19 and 16) are booked for the Caribbean Princess this summer out of NYC. We have two inside staterooms next to each other, but one is under my wife's name and one is under mine, with one kid in each of the staterooms. We were told to do this by a friend who said you technically need a person over 21 in each room. I am planning on staying with my wife in one room however, so that when the kids come in later they can go to their own room without waking us. Should (or even can) we switch the reservation so that the kids are in a room together, and if not, can we at least get an extra card swipe once onboard so that both kids have a key to their room, and so my wife and I can both get into our room? Any advice on the best course of action would be greatly appreciated!

I think your friend was wrong; I believe in your case it would have been okay to book them in their own room but I forget why -- because the rooms are close? Because they're over 16? Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Once onboard, you can go to the Purser's Desk and have it swapped around to reflect you and your wife in one cabin and the kids in another, with the associated correct card keys.

I suspect that your children can be in their own cabin, see here, Age Requirements/Traveling with Children for Princess details.

You can probably change your booking now but you may incur a name change fee. I'd suggest that you talk with your TA, if you have one, or Princess directly, sometimes a name change fee can be waived.

Hello all!

My wife and two kids (Age 19 and 16) are booked for the Caribbean Princess this summer out of NYC. We have two inside staterooms next to each other, but one is under my wife's name and one is under mine, with one kid in each of the staterooms. We were told to do this by a friend who said you technically need a person over 21 in each room. I am planning on staying with my wife in one room however, so that when the kids come in later they can go to their own room without waking us. Should (or even can) we switch the reservation so that the kids are in a room together, and if not, can we at least get an extra card swipe once onboard so that both kids have a key to their room, and so my wife and I can both get into our room? Any advice on the best course of action would be greatly appreciated!

I like the bit about the kids not wakin gyou up when they come in at night. :)

You can either switch the bookings now (if it is before final payment) so that everything is straight before you sail. (Your children can be booked into their own cabin because one is over 16...your friend was wrong). Or, you can sort it out at the purser's desk once onboard.

As others have said you can either change the booking now so they are in their own room or go to the Purser and switch rooms once on board. You can also get a spare key for the kids rooms so when they are in there you can go check on them.

I booked myself and daughter in one cabin and husband and daughter's friend in another cabin to get past passenger rate for each cabin . When we checked in they gave us the cards for the people in the cabins booked and took the pictures for those cards. Once we got on board, we went STRAIGHT to the Purser's desk before going to the cabin and got new cards. There was no problem switching all the information from one card to another.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe you can also have extra room keys made, but set it up so they cannot charge on them. They are strictly room keys ;-)..

Can anyone confirm this statement? Has anyone actually done this? Specifically, an extra room key that cannot be used for onboard charges?

Can anyone confirm this statement? Has anyone actually done this? Specifically, an extra room key that cannot be used for onboard charges?

Yes, I can confirm this. I always get extra keys to my children's room, and then I give the extra key to them, and keep the originals myself so that they have no charging privileges

Archived