Size of safe on the Carib Princess

4canucks

Answered my own question. Called Princess 8.5 x 12
Unlikely it'll fit. It's a pretty small safe and even a netbook probably won't fit. They didn't give you how deep it is; it's not deep enough to put a laptop in. I just put my laptop on a shelf and have never had a problem. If you're concerned with security, leave it in a carry-on secured by a lock under the bed. Edited by Pam in CA

And kind of an irrelevant question. Between cameras, laptops, ipods, cell phones etc. we bring on several thousands dollars worth of electronics when we cruise. We don't lock them up but don't leave them in open sight to the door.

With this set up, have never had a problem on cruises or hotels.

• 6 years later...

I called princess and the size of their safes on all their ships is: 12" deep, 8.5" wide & 7.75" high. My husband measured his macbook and it does not fit :(. Guess we'll just make sure we don't take too many pictures that we need it to download to & take our ipads instead!

I called princess and the size of their safes on all their ships is: 12" deep, 8.5" wide & 7.75" high. My husband measured his macbook and it does not fit :(. Guess we'll just make sure we don't take too many pictures that we need it to download to & take our ipads instead!

And the opening for the door is at least an inch smaller on all four sides.;)

I leave my Mac Book on the desk. I do this every cruise and don't worry about it.