Roll Call-Silver Cloud 1-16 July, Norwegian Fjords

gdlamberth

My guess is that there are a number of "lurkers" who are reading, on this cruise, but shy and reserved. That's fine, too.

Yes, Terry, there are "lurkers" but not all of us are shy and reserved fellow travelers on your upcoming cruise. I have just booked this itinerary (on the Silver Whisper) for 2011 and am eager for any information related to this year's trip. Best wishes for a "Bon Voyage" to you and all this year's adventurers.

-Peter

Yes, Terry, there are "lurkers" but not all of us are shy and reserved fellow travelers on your upcoming cruise. I have just booked this itinerary (on the Silver Whisper) for 2011 and am eager for any information related to this year's trip. Best wishes for a "Bon Voyage" to you and all this year's adventurers. -Peter

Terry said "seventh level pool bar." Looking at the deck plans (assuming I'm reading them correctly) the pool bar is on Deck 8 at the forward end of the pool area, isn't it?

Yes, the pool is on 8 or I was just swimming through some flooded suites

THANKS, Peter! We'll do our best to "scout" this area for you and your 2011 journey. Appreciate the kind wishes for our journey.

Sorry, I goofed on the 7th versus 8th level for a sail-away party. NO!! We don't need to flood any of those fancy suites on the 7th level to make a pool there. We'll stick with the EIGHTH LEVEL POOL BAR! It's much easier that way. 7 pm July 1!!!!

I noticed that in the past twenty-four hours, we've had a 112 views for this roll call. That's great! I have reasonable trust and confidence with AccuWeather.com and their forecasts for next week in Copenhagen being highs of mid 70'sF and sunny. I just re-checked mid-day Friday and that's their story and they are sticking to it. They've been the most accurate compared to others on our past Europe travels and most blessed in giving us "the good stuff" for nice weather. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I want to wish Terry from Ohio and everyone else on this cruise a wonderful voyage. I view each cruise as the majority of folks who live on this wonderful planet will not have the opportunity to sail on a cruise let alone one as nice as a luxury cruise line.

One of the quotes I have read which I cherish when it comes to travel goes like this.

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page."

May each of you create memories from this voyage which will last a lifetime.

Enjoy!

Keith

I want to wish Terry from Ohio and everyone else on this cruise a wonderful voyage. I view each cruise as the majority of folks who live on this wonderful planet will not have the opportunity to sail on a cruise let alone one as nice as a luxury cruise line. One of the quotes I have read which I cherish when it comes to travel goes like this. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page." May each of you create memories from this voyage which will last a lifetime. Enjoy! Keith

Good morning from Stockholm airport on our way to Prague. Somehow 5:30 AM does not seem so early when the sun is shining brightly and the weather is glorious!

THANKS for the best wishes and super great quote from Keith!

Great to hear the weather good news confirmation from duct tape. Prague is one of our all-time favorite cities. Look forward to getting an update on any new "things" in Prague. The great news is that the "old stuff" there is so great and doesn't change. We take our Columbus friends to the airport tomorrow so that they can fly in to Copenhagen early. We depart Tuesday at 2:50 pm. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

THANKS for the best wishes and super great quote from Keith!

Great to hear the weather good news confirmation from duct tape. Prague is one of our all-time favorite cities. Look forward to getting an update on any new "things" in Prague. The great news is that the "old stuff" there is so great and doesn't change. We take our Columbus friends to the airport tomorrow so that they can fly in to Copenhagen early. We depart Tuesday at 2:50 pm. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I'd like to add my good wishes for your upcoming voyage, Terry. You know that we will all be looking forward to your wonderful pictures.

Have a great time!

Richard,

Are you going LAS-CPH direct or do you plane change in ORD or somewhere else? The reason I'm asking is we are on a SAS flight TOMORROW night ORD-CPH. I don't have the particulars in front of me but I think we leave ORD about 10PM or so.

Greg

I'd like to add my good wishes for your upcoming voyage, Terry. You know that we will all be looking forward to your wonderful pictures. Have a great time!

THANKS for the kind comments and wishes on the pictures! A big part of good pictures is nice weather. So far, things are looking good. As of mid-day Monday from AccuWeather, they are saying for Copenhagen: Wednesday, June 30, Mostly cloudy, Low: 64 °F, High: 73 °F; Thursday, July 1, Sunshine, nice and warm, Low: 63 °F, High: 79 °F. For in Flam to ride the unique railroad and then do the village of Gudvangen in this wonderful fjord area, Saturday 7/3/2010, Warmer with times of clouds and sun, high of 69 °F. Those are above normal temperatures. We won't complain.

Most of the packing is done. Kinda, maybe. A few more items to "FINE-TUNE". Those packing and weight challenges are not too much fun. Our Tuesday flight departs at 2:50 pm, then Chicago, Heathrow and Copenhagen. Our friends arrived in Copenhagen ahead of schedule early this morning thanks to Delta and are going to Tivoli today with their in-laws-to-be who live in the Danish Capital. He's the one who deserves credit for doing the "Jewish Viking Rain Dance" that seems to have kept the bad weather away.

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Richard,

Are you going LAS-CPH direct or do you plane change in ORD or somewhere else? The reason I'm asking is we are on a SAS flight TOMORROW night ORD-CPH. I don't have the particulars in front of me but I think we leave ORD about 10PM or so.

Greg

Greg - Richard should be in the air now. He is scheduled to arrive in Copenhagen on Tuesday. We leave Atlanta tomorrow around 6pm and arrive in CPH about 930am Wednesday. Look forward to meeting you on the Cloud.

Poolcat

At Columbus airport now, getting ready to board flight to Chicago and then to Heathrow and Copenhagen. As always, especially for a long cruise, the packing part, getting the two Lab dogs to Camp Canine, doing the air flights, etc., has lots of "stress". Need a rest after ALL of that work.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

At Columbus airport now, getting ready to board flight to Chicago and then to Heathrow and Copenhagen. As always, especially for a long cruise, the packing part, getting the two Lab dogs to Camp Canine, doing the air flights, etc., has lots of "stress". Need a rest after ALL of that work.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Have fun Terry, on your long awaited trip!

Patty

Hope u all have a wonderful time...I'm looking forward to hearing Terry's live commentary.:) Cheers. Jennifer

THANKS, Jennifer and Patty! Just now arrived in Copenhagen. At The Square hotel overlooking the main plaza and City Hall in the Danish capital. All three of our flights arrived ahead of schedule, things very smooth. Traveling on Tuesday-Wednesday is much less crowded than on weekends and at the end of a week. Most important, all four of our checked bags arrived fine after journeying through two of the world's three busiest airports, Heathrow and O'Hare.

Spent some time seeing Windsor Castle and the Changing of their Guard during a lay-over at Heathrow. Spent some time in the new Terminal Five at Heathrow. It's like a giant shopping-eating mall, that just also happens to be an airline terminal. Looking forward to being on the Silver Cloud tomorrow afternoon. No more air flights and luggage to worry about. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We also arrived about 20 minutes early and all our bags were up by the time we got to the baggage claim area. Took a Canal Boat tour this afternoon and cruised right by the Silver Whisper docked same place we'll be tomorrow. Paul Allen's yacht was docked down by Ameiliborg and is darn near as big as Whisper. Ate dinner in Nyhavn and saw some impromptu concerts on the Stroget on the way back to our hotel. Looking forward to seeing Terry, Carol Ann, duct tape, and the rest tomorrow.

Ain't vacation great!

Greg

Archived