First Junior Suite

Just booked Explorer for 10/28 to 11/7 and we booked our first junior suite,center hump no less. What can we expect? Have stayed in regular balcony cabins plenty of times before so i cant wait till the end of October gets here.

Michele

You can expect alot more space and comfort! A JS is more like a hotel room than a standard cabin....you'll have big walk-in closet and a tub in the bathroom. Since the cabin is wider than what you're used to, the balcony will be wider, as well.

The hump area is so very convenient...you'll love it!

Our first JS was center hump on the Navigator. Neither one of us could get over the difference in size & comfort. I absolutely loved the walk in closet and the chair with the ottoman was the perfect palce to sit and read. If fact, it was so comfortable, we found ourselves spending more time than usual in the cabin.You're going to love it........................ but it's tough going back.

We like the space in a Junior Suite. The room is half again the width of a regular balcony and it is quite noticeable. On some of the ships I have found that the bath tub is raised a few inches and I bump my head on the ceiling while showering (I'm 6'4'). An aft JS is even better!!:)

I am always surprized when people book a suite of any kind and then ask "what should I expect" surely you are taking a real risk of paying out so much extra for your suite, if you really did not know what to expect. However as others have said, you will get a room that is one and a half times the size of a regular balcony cabin, enabling you to have a larger closet space and bathroom, as well as more room to move around the bed and sitting area, it is really nice if you enjoy time in your room, I hope you make the most of it.:)

Just booked Explorer for 10/28 to 11/7 and we booked our first junior suite,center hump no less. What can we expect? Have stayed in regular balcony cabins plenty of times before so i cant wait till the end of October gets here.

Michele

The hump cabins are at the very center of the ship and curve out beyond the rest of the cabins. See the deck plans on Rccl for the Voyager and Radiance class ships. They all have hump cabins.

I am a novice and don't mind admitting it :eek:......

What does on the hump mean??? I keep seeing it referred to, but I have no idea what you are all talking about :confused:

For the "hump" it is the part of the ship that is bowed out. We are in 9318. I was originally booking online but was having some computer glitches so i called Royal and when she asked what room i was looking at i told her originally 1364, but during the conversation i mentioned that i had a hump cabin 2 years ago on the explorer(but not center), well she looked up on her system and came back and said there were some on deck 9 then i kidded around and asked if any were center and she said yes. So i told her to forget the original room and book the center hump.

Michele

Just did our first Junior Suite on Navigator, Hump as well. What a beautiful room. The space makes a real difference (If it fits into your budget) and makes you feel more at home / cozy. The closet was great for putting suitcases away and has added shelf space as well.

The tub was great, good water pressure also, definitely enjoyed it. The balcony is beautiful and also fits a few more people and/or chairs. Enjoy! ;)

you will love it!! Our first cruise was an inside:eek: And since our second cruise it is nothing less than a jr suite:) we have had aft balconys and our next is 1624 hump!

We had the opportunity to book 1624 on our upcoming cruise but decided to go with our normal JS further aft. Other than being more convenient to the elevators, what other pluses are there to get the hump JS? Our fear was that 1624 is right next to the RS and RS the hot tub which may tend to be on the noisy side. I know everyone who has had one says it is the best but I never see specifics as to why. 1624 is the only hump JS still available on our cruise and we can still switch if we decide to. Thanks for any info and input.

With the Junior suite do you get any kind of VIP boarding? The last time we went on the Explorer boarding was very smooth(just the traffic into the area was bad).I beleive we get 2 cruise credits also correct? I know i have read on these boards over the years of what each catagory gets but it does blur together after awhile.

I know i may ask questions that may seem like we have never cruised before but sometimes you just have to because you dont come across all situations at the same time.

I even tried the search but as some of you know it is a hit or miss thing so it is easier to ask all seasoned cruisers out here some things.(without offfending someone)....:)

Michele

Junior Suite Enhancements:

Two cruise credits

Tea and coffee service en-suite

Terry bathrobes (for use on board)

Bathroom amenities

A Bathtub NOT a Shower Stall in the Bathroom

Suite check-in line @ embarkation

Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Junior Suite Enhancements:

Two cruise credits

Tea and coffee service en-suite

Terry bathrobes (for use on board)

Bathroom amenities

A Bathtub NOT a Shower Stall in the Bathroom

Suite check-in line @ embarkation

Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Thank you

Thank you

click my links below...i have tons of pix of 9318.....and 9618......but for the life of me i cant remember which link.....:confused::o

try november 2008 maybe.....ETA...yes, this is the one....

on Ex, there is no chair and ottoman in the JS...i think that was a newer thing on newer ships...

We've had JS 9628 on Voyager and Mariner. Not center of the hump, but at the aft end of the hump. A very large and roomie JS that we really enjoyed. And just steps away from the CL. Next time we do a Voyager class ship, 9628 will be in our plans.

Rick and Deirdra

With the Junior suite do you get any kind of VIP boarding? The last time we went on the Explorer boarding was very smooth(just the traffic into the area was bad).I beleive we get 2 cruise credits also correct? I know i have read on these boards over the years of what each catagory gets but it does blur together after awhile.

I know i may ask questions that may seem like we have never cruised before but sometimes you just have to because you dont come across all situations at the same time.

I even tried the search but as some of you know it is a hit or miss thing so it is easier to ask all seasoned cruisers out here some things.(without offfending someone)....:)

Michele

I'm in your portside counterpart (9618) on that same cruise. You should come join our Meet & Mingle Roll Call (and sign up for the M&M): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997803

Realize that while you get 2 cruise credits for being in a Junior, you are also going to get one for the 12 day lenght of the cruise for a total of 3 cruise credits.

This will be my 3rd time on Explorer and 5th on a Voyager Class ship and I love her/them (not as much as Enchantment, but close).

For the "hump" it is the part of the ship that is bowed out. We are in 9318. I was originally booking online but was having some computer glitches so i called Royal and when she asked what room i was looking at i told her originally 1364, but during the conversation i mentioned that i had a hump cabin 2 years ago on the explorer(but not center), well she looked up on her system and came back and said there were some on deck 9 then i kidded around and asked if any were center and she said yes. So i told her to forget the original room and book the center hump.

Michele

We have had 9318 in the past on the Explorer and it is a great cabin. We have it again, as you move out we will be moving in on Nov. 7th.

Ron

I'm in your portside counterpart (9618) on that same cruise. You should come join our Meet & Mingle Roll Call (and sign up for the M&M): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997803

Realize that while you get 2 cruise credits for being in a Junior, you are also going to get one for the 12 day lenght of the cruise for a total of 3 cruise credits.

This will be my 3rd time on Explorer and 5th on a Voyager Class ship and I love her/them (not as much as Enchantment, but close).

I checked out the roll call link above and it is for 11/28 not 10/28. I am on the 10/28 sailing but thanks all the same.

Michele

Archived