Tipping for Room Service

I'm having trouble remembering--when you order room service, do you need singles for tipping or do they have a way to charge a few bucks to my sail and sign account as a tip? Trying to figure out how many $1 bills I need to bring on my cruise.

I don't think it is set up to use your S&S account. Take some $1s.

Cash is in short supply on the ship. So bring enough small bills for tipping for room service and for tour guides/drivers, also a lot of the stores accept american currency but will give change back in local currency!

I'm having trouble remembering--when you order room service, do you need singles for tipping or do they have a way to charge a few bucks to my sail and sign account as a tip? Trying to figure out how many $1 bills I need to bring on my cruise.

As far as I know, with room service the tip does not go on your sail and sign card, but am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.

We always take singles to tip with, as some places are reluctant to accept $2 bills.

You can always rock, paper, scissor it to see who does the Lido deck run and brings it back to have breakfast in bed or on the balcony! Use room service for the coffee, juice, toast and etc so you don't have too much to carry! :D

HAHA rock paper scissors to see if my husband or my husband is going to get breakfast and bring it back. LOL usually we'll get toast and fruit or danishes and yogurt and coffe and juice to start out then we'll go down and grab some eggs and bacon from the lido just before it gets wrapped up. That way we're not starving before we get to the buffet and waiting in line.

OOPS forgot to say:

We tip about 1 dollar per tray. Sometimes if we're indecisive at night about what we want the next morning we'll choose almost everything and it comes on two trays so we tip 2 bucks. We order Room service though and tip $1 if we just wanted some potato chips or pretzels or if we have a full tray.

Well heck I don't know who told me it was a perk of the Grand suites but I want to kick them. We were all excited about the wider room service menu LOL

Maybe we'll do lunch on the balcony instead. I would be the one making the food run since I'm up before Dh. Might as well just stay up there and eat.

We don't ever order off the room service menu and just eat on the lido or dining room since the room service menu isn't hot foods. We planned on lots of room service ordering this time. Boy DH is going to be so disappointed LOL

Maybe it was one of the other lines I read about the full room menu with grand suites. Oh well he'll survive. Easier to not gain a bunch of weight if he has to walk to get his food :)

I always (in the future) will have $2.00 bills for the person bringing the order, my guide will be under 15 minutes = $4.00, under 30 minutes = $2.00, over 30 minutes depends on the order.

Depends on the amount of food ... here is the menu ...

roomservice.jpg

I am not trying to steal this thread, but I just noticed, you can order Beer from room service, sense 24 hour roomservice is included in the price of the cruise, is this beer FREE? (I know probably not, just saw the notice) but if I can order Beer from roomservice can I order a mixed drink for when I want a drink before dinner, or a screw driver before bed?

And GO,

I am not trying to steal this thread, but I just noticed, you can order Beer from room service, sense 24 hour roomservice is included in the price of the cruise, is this beer FREE? (I know probably not, just saw the notice) but if I can order Beer from roomservice can I order a mixed drink for when I want a drink before dinner, or a screw driver before bed?

And GO,

LMAO.. no beer is not free:D

And GO,

Sure you can.. it will cost you the same;)

I always (in the future) will have $2.00 bills for the person bringing the order, my guide will be under 15 minutes = $4.00, under 30 minutes = $2.00, over 30 minutes depends on the order.

Just out of curiosity why are you penalizing the server if you order during a busy time? The server is not the one who determines how long you need to wait. Usually, when an order is called in, you are given a time by the person taking the order. It doesn't seem fair to cheat the server because the food isn't ready for him/her to deliver.

And GO,

If you look at the menu again, you will see it says bar service is available at regular prices. Beer if NOT free. You can order a drink before dinner, but you may have to wait longer than if you went to a bar to get it. The same goes for your drink before bed. You'll be back again to determining the size of the tip and what I wrote above would stand with this too, lol.

Archived