Thoson Dream/Costa Europa update

kruzseeka & Berwyn,

Attached is a kml file (has to be renamed) for use in Google Earth, shows ships of many cruise lines (unfortunately not Thompson).

Download the attached file kfben.txt to kfben.kml and either click on it or open it in Google Earth.

Have fun.

Ron

Thanks - that's really interesting. :) It's been especially useful to everyone on here to be able to see where the Europa really is - it's reassuring to actually see her on the move!

I confess to tracking ships we're travelling on just before departure after two occasions when the ship didn't arrive on time and we weren't able to sail on time. :eek: It's great to see the ship's actually at the departure dock or nearby before you even leave home!

Thanks again Ron, I'll have a little explore with it now! ;)

Hi Ron and Kruzseeka,

Thanks for the extra links Ron, DW says I'm spending too much time playing on here already. Now I've got more to play with :)

It's just a pity it's going to be dark there in a minute, I'd have loved to see her going up the straights in daylight.

Berwyn

Thanks - that's really interesting. :) It's been especially useful to everyone on here to be able to see where the Europa really is - it's reassuring to actually see her on the move!

Of course it could be a Costa conspiracy (i.e. no astronaut ever walked on the Moon, it was all done in Nevada) in that the Europa is still in Sharm.

Ron

Of course it could be a Costa conspiracy (i.e. no astronaut ever walked on the Moon, it was all done in Nevada) in that the Europa is still in Sharm.

Ron

:D:D:D That would explain why it got dark so early on the ship's camera. :)

I wouldn't mind her stuck in Sharm they could do us an extra Red Sea Magic Cruise instead. :D

Or leave her docked in Sharm as a floating hotel and do us Day trips by air to Petra, Luxor and Cairo. At their expense of course.

Berwyn

She's through the Straits of Messina and in the Tyrrhenian sea (according to my atlas) Go on, you're impressed aren't you???

Linda

Only if it is one of those new fangled atlas's that is printed on paper.

Ron

She's through the Straits of Messina and in the Tyrrhenian sea (according to my atlas) Go on, you're impressed aren't you???

Linda

:D Yes, well impressed, :D a real paper atlas is it? I miss a proper one in book form

It doesn't even tell me that on Google Earth. And it's still got her out by the toe of Italy on my PC

Berwyn

:D Yes, well impressed, :D a real paper atlas is it? I miss a proper one in book form

It doesn't even tell me that on Google Earth. And it's still got her out by the toe of Italy on my PC

Berwyn

It does show on Google Earth if you zoom out.

Ron

It does show on Google Earth if you zoom out.

Ron

Hi Ron,

No that doesn't work. The cameras are live though even if they show the wrong time.

In the places on the side, it says "Costa Europa Messina Canyon". Whether that's causing it to stick

Berwyn

Hi guys, just logged on as I have been sick all day :(, so will try out some of the links but as it is dark will probably see nothing :rolleyes: :D

mrs.c

Hi Mrs. C. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. No nothing to see, it's pitch black out there.

How are your legs, not still wobbling after the ship?

Berwyn

Go on to WEBCAM GALORE

Scroll down to CRUISE SHIPS - click on Costa Crociere

Scroll down to Costa Europa - Live at sea - click on picture

Scroll down to virtual map and click on that, zoom in a bit

It's just south of Lipari

I love paper maps! I hate Satnavs!

Linda

Hi Mrs. C. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. No nothing to see, it's pitch black out there.

How are your legs, not still wobbling after the ship?

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn, a little better thanks it,s kidney stones I have :( yes and your right about the wobble of the ship , the constant juddering was really bad at times :eek: but still had a good time

mrs.c

Go on to WEBCAM GALORE

Scroll down to CRUISE SHIPS - click on Costa Crociere

Scroll down to Costa Europa - Live at sea - click on picture

Scroll down to virtual map and click on that, zoom in a bit

It's just south of Lipari

I love paper maps! I hate Satnavs!

Linda

At last I got it :rolleyes: thanks Linda :)

mrs.c

Hi mrs.c

Glad it was a help. Hope you are feeling better, I have been told Kidney stones are very painful.

Which ship have you just been on? Was it the Celebration? We went on that for our first cruise (Red Sea) and it did vibrate. When we went again later in the year to Canaries, it seems to have got worse. Mind you we were on a lower deck the second time. Perhaps it is time for this ship to be scrapped , which would be a shame as it is such a lovely ship and the entertainment staff and crew are fantastic

All the best

Linda

Ron

Now then, Ron! You'll have more than mrs c feeling poorly (sorry to hear you're not well - hope you will soon be feeling better). Someone might take you seriously - you ARE joking aren't you!!!!!!:eek::eek: :D:D:D

Now then, Ron! Someone might take you seriously - you ARE joking aren't you!!!!!!:eek::eek: :D:D:D

Living in Germany I am always serious - as a Brit you know about German humour and jokes. :+)

But on the other side I am a true blue Cockney born lad.

Ron

Hi Berwyn, a little better thanks it,s kidney stones I have :( Mrs.c

HI,I hope they can blast them for you if you can't pass them.

Those are really painful, (as you Know), nursed plenty with them over the years.

Well it looks like the Dream is in dock now so all we can do is sit and wait for them to sort her.

Berwyn

HI,I hope they can blast them for you if you can't pass them.

Those are really painful, (as you Know), nursed plenty with them over the years...............

Berwyn

I had a kidney stone many years ago, the funny thing was the pain was at the front not the back. I passed it in a couple of days and luckily nothing since.

Archived