Thoson Dream/Costa Europa update

I had a kidney stone many years ago, the funny thing was the pain was at the front not the back. I passed it in a couple of days and luckily nothing since.

Morning Dave,

I bet that confused the diagnosis :confused:

At least they've got nice weather to get on with the work. Better than we had in April 2008 in Taormina on the Escape, got soaked to the skin.

Berwyn

Well that has been exciting. What are we anoraks going to do now??

Went to bed about midnight and couldn't get to sleep. Mind wouldn't shut down. Just fell asleep and hubby was waking me with a cup of tea - bless him!!

Do you think Thomson may get in touch now to inform us of what is happening!! I don't expect so, they have our money, so why should they care! Oh! I am getting like Victor Meldrew!

By the way how do I put those messages about which cruises we have been on and which we are going on. I have fiddled about trying to do it but can't seem to find out how.

Linda

Well that has been exciting. What are we anoraks going to do now??

Went to bed about midnight and couldn't get to sleep. Mind wouldn't shut down. Just fell asleep and hubby was waking me with a cup of tea - bless him!!

Do you think Thomson may get in touch now to inform us of what is happening!! I don't expect so, they have our money, so why should they care! Oh! I am getting like Victor Meldrew!

By the way how do I put those messages about which cruises we have been on and which we are going on. I have fiddled about trying to do it but can't seem to find out how.

Linda

Morning Linda,

Well, we're going to be bored for a week or 2 until we start panicking it there's no sign of movement on her. :)

As to Putting cruises on : IN the top left of the page under where it says Cruise Critic hit the "used CP" button.

On the next page halfway down on the left is "Edit Signature" hit that

Then you can type the cruises you have done in the next page. Don't forget to save it.

To do a countdown clock, again at the top click on countdown clock.

Then you put the date of travel and ship in the box from the dropdown list.

Then when it comesup highlight the link and copy and paste it into your signature. (you will have to go back to edit signature to do this)

Berwyn

Just had a look at the webcams and very glad to see the ship in dock, what a relief, it's all going to be positive from here, I've got a good feeling about it now, roll on July!

Yes, Hopefully looking good for April too. Plenty of time to sort her out both inside and out.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn, it took a while,but I did it!

I'm quite proud of my first thread (bighead!) - 88 posts.

Addicted to cruising, now addicted to this site!

Well Done !! I thought you were quiet :D

It's fiddly the 1st time, it took me several goes to get it right.

I know what you mean, this place is addictive.

Berwyn

Yes you can, your eyesight is fine 20/20 vision :)

I never knew how long it would take to empty but I would say that was quick ! Now it is a challenge for the first person to see someone going down the steps with a paint brush and a scrubbing brush to remove the barnacles etc ! At least it won't have as many barnacles as the remaines of the paddle steamer does in Penrhyn Bay.

I never knew how long it would take to empty but I would say that was quick ! Now it is a challenge for the first person to see someone going down the steps with a paint brush and a scrubbing brush to remove the barnacles etc ! At least it won't have as many barnacles as the remaines of the paddle steamer does in Penrhyn Bay.

I take it you've been down here then. Most people you meet have been for at least a day trip.

Our son is living in Huddersfield, nursing in the hospital.

We'll be over there this weekend.

Berwyn

Berwyn

I'm never quiet!! It hasn't taken me that long to do it! I have been out shopping as well. Off for a snooze now to make up some of last night's sleep, Linda

:D Have a good kip. I've not been lazy either, just watching the water drain away.

Got 2 loads of washing out for DW and yesterdays dry and kept.

Berwyn

I take it you've been down here then. Most people you meet have been for at least a day trip.

Our son is living in Huddersfield, nursing in the hospital.

We'll be over there this weekend.

Berwyn

Berwyn

My parents still have a static caravan at Penrhyn Hall Farm.I know every road in the surrounding area from so many holidays in the area over the years - my parents also owned a flat off Brompton Road in Rhos for a number of years which they bought as a holiday flat / investment at the time. - Gareth

My parents still have a static caravan at Penrhyn Hall Farm.I know every road in the surrounding area from so many holidays in the area over the years - my parents also owned a flat off Brompton Road in Rhos for a number of years which they bought as a holiday flat / investment at the time. - Gareth

Small world isn't it. Nice place for a static.

Berwyn

Hi,

I have just telephoned the Thomson helpline again. As far as they are concerned they are still expecting to take delivery on time as far as they are concerned.

Perthorchid and all those travelling on the 22nd.

Don't worry, apparently you won't be the guinea pigs on her 1st cruise. The girl I spoke to today is one of a Thomson's staff group going on her for a 3 day cruise before you all go to try her out.

Berwyn

So the Europa is now high and dry.

I was waiting for them to pull the plug and watch the Mediterranean empty. You never know with these Italians, but the dry dock emptied.

With over 3 weeks before handover and 6 weeks before the first cruise there should be absolutely no problem.

All have a great cruise, she a fine ol' Lady in the best cruise liner tradition.

Ron

WELL JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS EXCITING BIT OF CAMERA ACTION ITS BEEN A LONG FEW DAYS. I HOPE THAT THEY DONT TURN OFF THE POWER AND THE WEB CAMERAS SO WE CAN SEE WHATS HAPPENING, I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS ON MY WORK PC AND I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON INTERNET DURING WORKING HOURS ONLY DINNER TIME BUT IT HAS BEEN GRIPPING STUFF. I THINK I MIGHT START LOOKING FOREWARD TO MY CRUISE NOW ROLL ON THE 13TH OF JULY.:cool::)

Archived