Secret Door!

lilbuddy

No door on the Golden/Star/Grand/Sapphire/Diamond to get to the bridge wings. Just go forward on Sun deck and you'll find some steps and you'll be there! It's an extraordinary place to take pictures and enjoy a drink at sailaway...

Thanks for this info, sure hope we can keep it a secret!!! f

Many people out on that deck in Glacier Bay and throughout the week during the July 11 sailing on the Crown....and on the Ruby in 2012...on Caribbean in 2014 it was locked due to high winds on one side with a crew only sign on the other side. Obviously depends on wind or some other factor as determined by crew.

Edited by mcgratru

I am on Caribbean Princess at the moment so have just gone to find the secret door. There are 2 of them on deck 15, as described and neither one has a 'crew only' notice on it.

And they are not exactly 'secret', they are on the deck plans.

• 1 month later...
A question was posed years ago on this thread that I never saw answered: is there such a door on the Star Princess? And how about the Pacific Princess?

Star-yes & no. There is no door because you do not need one. Walk outside to the front of deck 15 and there it is. It may or may not be chained off.

Pacific - no such viewing area

A question was posed years ago on this thread that I never saw answered: is there such a door on the Star Princess? And how about the Pacific Princess?

There is a secret door on all Princess ships but it's not a secret anymore :eek:

It's behind the bookcase in the Library. LOL

Tony

It's just you. I go through those all the time. It's an adventure. :D

No, it's not "just him." Some of us actually believe what we read. But, how, exactly, do you decode which ones are really "crew only" and which one mean "well, it's crew only, but not for you!"? Some times an "adventure" can get you hurt pretty badly!

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

Go all the way forward in the hallway (either port or starboard) on deck 15.

The door will be at the end of the hall. It is often closed off with a do not enter sign.

If your secret door is in the hallway on deck 15 then it's not a secret door.

I like we're my Secret Door is. Behind the bookcase in the ????

Tony

It is on Deck 15 on the Ruby. I made it my mission to figure out where it was when I sailed last week...the door is certainly marked crew only - but people were out there. Just go behind the bar or the burger place and past all the cabins toward the front of the ship and you'll see the door. People were always out there when we were coming into or leaving a port. I never saw anybody getting in trouble for being out there.

Ah...So THAT's why I saw a couple of cruisers there (separate from the rest of us) when we sailed into the Kotor fjord; and I couldn't figure out why they were there! Secret Door (marked "crew only". As many know on this board I evidently LIVE to break the rules. So it's happening - next cruise!!

Thank you. Having been in law enforcement, the do not enter signs mean something to me.

You haven't been reading CC enough, apparently. ;) I think one reason to honor ship requests is to avoid being detained and tossed off the ship at the next port (as many stories here will attest.)

You haven't been reading CC enough, apparently. ;) I think one reason to honor ship requests is to avoid being detained and tossed off the ship at the next port (as many stories here will attest.)

I have been reading it since 2008.

Don't know what you are referring to.

It was an attempt at humor, evidently some don't have that.:D

I have been reading it since 2008.

Don't know what you are referring to.

It was an attempt at humor, evidently some don't have that.:D

OMG if you don't think this is funny there is something wrong with you.

If you think it's funny then go to the library and check my secret door it's behind the bookcase :D:D and now it's not a secret anymore :eek::eek:

Tony