FOS - Portofino's vs. Chops?

We will be sailing on the Freedom in May & are trying to decide which restaurant to eat at if we can only choose one??? I'm sure they're both fabulous, but would like to know which most people prefer between the two!

Thanks!

If possible do both - they are both different and quite good. If I had to pick one, I prefer Portofinos. The menu is more diverse - you can still get a great steak, but so much else to choose from as well. Also I love the pre-appetizer coarse of the bread with roasted garlic and spreads such as a tuna spread and an olive spread. The atmosphere at Portofinos is bit more romantic as well.

I would go to Portofino over Chops any day. We live near Orlando and there are great steak houses in our area. Chops is, to me, just another steak house. Portofino has much better choices.

It is not your regular Italian restaurant, so if you are looking for lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, you won't find that. I hope that they still have the same menu as they have had for a while. I love the carpaccio, the Caprese salad or the eggplant roulades, the pear with Gorgonzola salad. I think the pasta ribbons with mascarpone cheese and mushrooms is to die for. The filet is better tasting than that at Chops.

Also, the flourless chocolate cake or tiramisu are wonderful. Gosh, I can hardly wait until next month to go to Portofino.

I would do both again in a heartbeat. But if I had to pick JUST ONE it would have to be Portofino. The filet is awesome, the carpaccio is superb, desserts are better than at Chops. Definately more variety I think. DH however, likes the "family style" service in Chops, he likes mashed potatoes and doesn't like the dollop you get in Portofino:rolleyes:(he could ask for more, but doesn't)

Chops is good, but Portofinos is excellent. The food is prepared with fresh ingredients, with excellent presentation and plating, and of course the flavors are wonderful! Our cruise , last Oct 09 on FOS, we ate once at Chops and twice at Portofinos, one nite at Winjammer, and 3 at MTD in the main dinning room. Here is a link with pics and the dinner and dessert menus. You gotta do the dessert sampler....OMG! :D

http://www.tiny-town.com/freedom_of_the_seas_portofino.htm

Click on the link for the dinner and dessert menus.

Another vote for Portofinos...in fact are also on FOS in May and eating there three times that week. Filet is great and deserts are fantastic!! Baris is the manager and always takes very good care of us...request a window table if you're eating at sunset time...views/experience is wonderful.

Archived