Royal UPDATES/ENHANCES Their Booking Engine

Check out Royals new updated booking engine. Their new format shows greater room selection(depends on amount of cabins available per category) allowing you to view up to 15 available cabins at a time....allows you to search/check availability of connecting staterooms......and also now included is a "search for specific cabin" option as well as other enhancements.

Great improvement. Won't have to go to "you know who" as often now.

Thanks, RCCL.

Rick and Deirdra

I think that RCI got tired of us telling them what was available because of "you know who"!:D

Great improvement, though it would be nice to actually see a deck plan like "you know who" does.

There is a button that shows you the deck plan under the cabin choices, but you have to select it each time.

Thanks, I guess I didn't explore far enough.

Edit.......I found it and that really makes it so much easier to find where a cabin is located.

Check out Royals new updated booking engine. Their new format shows greater room selection(depends on amount of cabins available per category) allowing you to view up to 15 available cabins at a time....allows you to search/check availability of connecting staterooms......and also now included is a "search for specific cabin" option as well as other enhancements.

I know, I love it . . . . makes it so much easier to check availability for specific cabins. Now if CC could finish their improvements . . . . .:D

What a surprise - they haven't changed the UK website :rolleyes: Perhaps they'll update it when they finally let us look at our C & A status online - i.e. the 12th of never ;)

Heck you didnt really expect the UK site to be changed already did you :eek::D...they dont work sundays for a start and they will probably have to wait until Miami says they can change it anyway :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve for letting us know about the changes...love the new features on the US site :D

The new engine is a great improvement. We were out on Saturday looking for a good cabin on a short RCI cruise, and didn't like anything that was showing up on the RCI site (the "not to be named" alternative site showed the ones we wanted;)). Today, same ship, same dates - the cabins we prefer magically appeared.:):):):)

I was getting tired of flipping back and forth and then having to call my TA.

I was checking out the improvements - and came across a $160 pp price drop for my July cruise on Serenade! Called and got the better price. Although, asked about switching booking from Canadian $$ to US and was less than successful there. We have an aft cabin that I don't want to give up - the agent said we'd have to cancel our booking and start over. I don't want to risk losing that room.

I'm wondering which site is "you know who" as well. I assume it's an online travel agent. I know a few of the larger ones out there - I guess I can go browse around to see which ones show me all available cabins. :confused:

Yes they have - It's been up and running most of today

Wow I am amazed..UK same time as US..that must be a first :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know..I admit I didnt bother even checking it all the way through as I dont use the UK for booking so no need to check their site. But thanks for letting others know the UK site has been changed too.

Try refreshing your page or deleting your cached pages.

Done that - and it's still the old style. However, if I click on change country in the top corner of the page and make the country US I get the new style. Perhaps the previous poster logs into the US site automatically.

Anyway, much prefer the new format and hope it makes it to the UK site soon ;)

Archived