Rccl stock benefits

OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

It can't be combined with any other perk, such as a balcony discount or OBC from a future booking.

It can be combined with OBC from a TA or RC visa points.

Here is a comparison of what amount of OBC you will receive by either being a Shareholder or Booking a cruise on board. Unfortunately you can not have both.

The OBC you will receive from owning 100 shares of RCI stock is as follows....

$ 50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200 for sailings of 10-13 nights

$250 for sailings of 14+ nights

When booking a cruise on board you will receive the following OBC.....

$50 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$300 for sailings of 14+ nights

We mailed our info in to receive our stock credit. Will we receive a letter or email notifying us that info has been received and will be processed?

You should receive a reply from Shareholder Benefits advising that your OBC has been applied to your booking. When sending in the information by email with an attachment of proof of stock ownership, the response time is a much quicker.

When you get a Confirmation Invoice from RCI under Booking Charges look for the code SB??-$???-SGL-OBC (?? will be replaced with numbers pertinent to your request). This will indicate that your OBC has been applied to your reservation.

Here is a comparison of what amount of OBC you will receive by either being a Shareholder or Booking a cruise on board. Unfortunately you can not have both.

The OBC you will receive from owning 100 shares of RCI stock is as follows....

$ 50 for sailings of 5 nights or less

$250 for sailings of 14+ nights

When booking a cruise on board you will receive the following OBC.....

$50 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$300 for sailings of 14+ nights

You've stated that they will not combine the credits -- you can have an OBC for the stock shares or an OBC for booking while on a cruise.

Last year we booked a future cruise while on a cruise, and we could either have an OBC for the booking, or we could take the discount for balcony/suite, as platinum status. If we owned the stock, would we simply get 1 of the 3 options? Kinda seems like a rip off.

You've stated that they will not combine the credits -- you can have an OBC for the stock shares or an OBC for booking while on a cruise.

Last year we booked a future cruise while on a cruise, and we could either have an OBC for the booking, or we could take the discount for balcony/suite, as platinum status. If we owned the stock, would we simply get 1 of the 3 options? Kinda seems like a rip off.

They used to let you stack the benefits... but no longer. :(

The combining of benefits was done away with for all cruises booked after January 1, 2009. If you have a cruise booked prior to that date, you are able to combine. If you had purchased a NextCruise that was still not used, you are able to combine (we still have a NC purchased in 2007 that is crying to be used).

As of now, you must decide whether you want the OBC from being a shareholder, OBC from booking on board, the P/D/D+ balcony discount or the C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

Yep, I called the C & A rep, just to clarify. No more combining. :( I didn't fuss at the rep, he certainly didn't make the change, so there was no sense in venting to him. There is no longer incentive to book while on a cruise, unless you book an inside cabin. Oh well, such is life, and it is good! ..... says the one who will be doing a B2B on the Oasis, sailing on Apr 10!

If your platinum/diamond balcony discount is the same as your stockholder's benefit, and you use a TA, he/she would be most appreciative if you took stockholders rather than balcony discount. The balcony discount will lower the commission while the stockholder's discount won't.

Tucker in Texas

If your platinum/diamond balcony discount is the same as your stockholder's benefit, and you use a TA, he/she would be most appreciative if you took stockholders rather than balcony discount. The balcony discount will lower the commission while the stockholder's discount won't.

Tucker in Texas

I hadn't thought about that! Good point! Thanks

Yep, I called the C & A rep, just to clarify. No more combining. :( I didn't fuss at the rep, he certainly didn't make the change, so there was no sense in venting to him. There is no longer incentive to book while on a cruise, unless you book an inside cabin. Oh well, such is life, and it is good! ..... says the one who will be doing a B2B on the Oasis, sailing on Apr 10!

There is an "incentive" to book while on board. We are D+, and own stock, last week (we were on Radiance) we booked a Celebrity cruise and got the OBC and were also given an upgrade. Paid for a C3, got a C1. I believe they do the same for booking on RCCL. Also, depending on the cabin, deposit can be $100 per person. Concierge class (& above) on Celebrity don't qualify for reduced deposit, and I assume same goes for RCCL (JS and above).

What if you get an OBC from costo.com can you combine with stock credit?

When is the best time to buy stock? It looks like it's been rising daily....

The best time to buy RCL stock is the same as any other stock - when it is low.

There is an "incentive" to book while on board. We are D+, and own stock, last week (we were on Radiance) we booked a Celebrity cruise and got the OBC and were also given an upgrade. Paid for a C3, got a C1. I believe they do the same for booking on RCCL. Also, depending on the cabin, deposit can be $100 per person. Concierge class (& above) on Celebrity don't qualify for reduced deposit, and I assume same goes for RCCL (JS and above).

We booked (or maybe I should say re-booked) a cruise while on board last December on RCCL because there was only a $100 deposit and we got $600 OBC which trumped balcony discount or using the stock. We booked the cheapest balcony cabin so it is not limited (or wasn't) to Junior Suite or higher. The reason I say "rebooked" is that we had already booked it. When I got home, I canceled the first booking and was credited $800--the difference between our initial deposit of $900 and the $100 deposit.

I do use stock discount vs. balcony if it is the same amount of money because the commission is cut if you use balcony discount but not if it is stock or OBC. However, I check my third party insurance to see if the rate will go down if I use a balcony discount because the price is based on a combination of age/cost of the trip. So far, it has not changed the rate.

Tucker in Texas

We mailed our info in to receive our stock credit. Will we receive a letter or email notifying us that info has been received and will be processed?

If you can – follow up with an email. I sent mine off (via email) this past Friday afternoon ( for a cruise in August) and had confirmation that is was received and applied that same day.

They are very efficient. I imagine that they are not as busy as when you could combine benefits. As I am not sailing in a balcony for this cruise the OBC comes in handy.

M

The best time to buy RCL stock is the same as any other stock - when it is low.

Nice in theory, but no one really knows whether the present price is actually going to be high or low relative to its price in the future.

Archived