Baggage tags ! What is the problem

DonnasMom&Dad

I can't see what the problem seems to be with the new baggage tags, that Princess Cruise line, and maybe others, have come out with. I was just able to download mine for our Alaska cruise, 12 Nov. 2010.

Here is what I did, first I trimmed 1/4" off each side, then folded them on the edge of the coloured body of the tag, now you have a narrower tag. For the next step you either need a laminator, I have a 9" one I bought at WalMart for less than $30.00 CAD, otherwise take your tags to a printing shop, place one narrow tag on each side of a full size laminating pouch, leaving approx. 1/8 - 3/16" on the outside, allowing for adhetion on the outside of the pouch, then place a third one in the exact middle, here you can use paper clips, to hold the bottom of the tag and pouch, in place, as you feed the assembly into the laminator, removing the clips as your tags travel through the machine. After cooling, cut the tags apart, leaving a slight border of laminent on the sode of each tag. Now you can either staple the ends around the handle. or with a hole punch, for a perfect round hole, punch a hole in each end, and you can tie the tag with a plastic tie, aaround the handle

Whalah! Have fun, enjoy your cruises :o:D:)

Cato

Are you making an argument FOR or AGAINST the new luggage tags?:confused: I thought it sounded easy before you gave us instructions!! Now, I'm not so convinced!:D I leave in July, I better get started soon.

I printed my luggage tags out and put a strip of packing tape on the back after making the folds. I borrowed a stapler at my hotel the morning of our cruise. Our bags got to our cabin in record time. We both wondered if it was because the new tags showed that we are Platinum, or if the barcodes on the tags help make the delivery faster.

Sounds like a lot of work to me. I just slap on some wide clear tape.

Why is it some people have to make things way more difficult than it hs to be, LOL....tape, fold, attach....hummmm that seems way easier!:p

Are you making an argument FOR or AGAINST the new luggage tags?:confused: I thought it sounded easy before you gave us instructions!! Now, I'm not so convinced!:D I leave in July, I better get started soon.

To me it looks like we're stuck with the new tag sytem, for Princess to save a few bucks, so may as well make the best of it. Besides, I had all the equipment and supplies already. Just think if all the worlds inventors had kept their ideas to themselves, where would we be today. It must be boring to sit and do nothing but complain about other peoples ideas. instead of coming up with something different.

Cato

I can't see what the problem seems to be with the new baggage tags' date=' that Princess Cruise line, and maybe others, have come out with. I was just able to download mine for our Alaska cruis[/i']e, 12 Nov. 2010.

Here is what I did, first I trimmed 1/4" off each side, then folded them on the edge of the coloured body of the tag, now you have a narrower tag. For the next step you either need a laminator, I have a 9" one I bought at WalMart for less than $30.00 CAD, otherwise take your tags to a printing shop, place one narrow tag on each side of a full size laminating pouch, leaving approx. 1/8 - 3/16" on the outside, allowing for adhetion on the outside of the pouch, then place a third one in the exact middle, here you can use paper clips, to hold the bottom of the tag and pouch, in place, as you feed the assembly into the laminator, removing the clips as your tags travel through the machine. After cooling, cut the tags apart, leaving a slight border of laminent on the sode of each tag. Now you can either staple the ends around the handle. or with a hole punch, for a perfect round hole, punch a hole in each end, and you can tie the tag with a plastic tie, aaround the handle

Whalah! Have fun, enjoy your cruises :o:D:)

Cato

You can NOT be serious. Just when I was resigned to the new DIY tags, your post has succeeded in irritating me anew. In fact, it gave me a major headache.

To me it looks like we're stuck with the new tag sytem' date=' for Princess to save a few bucks, so may as well make the best of it. Besides, I had all the equipment and supplies already. Just think if all the worlds inventors had kept their ideas to themselves, where would we be today. It must be boring to sit and do nothing but complain about other peoples ideas. instead of coming up with something different.

Cato[/quote']

Sweetie, most inventors develop ideas that make things easier for people, not more complicated. But hey, as long as you're happy doing your little arts and crafts projects, that's cool.

I thought this was a great permanent solution for Princess luggage tags from a previous post...

" A new luggage tag idea

Perhaps I missed it, but I haven’t seen anyone suggest this idea before. I went to an Office Max and purchased a package of Badge ID Holders. These are the clear plastic holders designed to use with a neck lanyard. I bought a pack of ten, made for a 3” x 4” insert. The package only costs about $5 and makes a great tag. I’ll use some zip ties to attach them before we board. They’re also re-usable."

I just print mine on card stock which works fine, no tape required.

I remain unconvinced that after paying thousands of dollars for a cruise that anyone should be inflicted with having to print up their own luggage tags, or pay to have them laminated, or to have to purchase plastic holders for them or to carry around packing tape or a stapler. I know that not everyone shares my view on this but come one Princess "get on the stick" this is annoying.

So do we. Princess claims that just using the paper triple-folded will be sturdy enough. Somehow I doubt it.

Worked fine for us in Jan. We even put them on before our flight. The airline agent did worry about the bar code being read by their scanner so she put the airline tag over the cruise line tag.

I just followed the instructions (folding three times) and stapled them. No problem. :D Only problem I would think would be for folks with computer equipment or a printer.

Archived