What to do about drinking age

guntheros

YES!! I am loking forward to seeing that!!!!....there was another series also that look interesting...it stars one of the thugs from the Sopranos...I forget the name of it.

(I'll go look)

Boardwalk Empire, about Atlantic City. ;) Should be interesting. Scorsese's involved.

We are taking my 18 year old on his first cruise in October. So... my question is, do you let your kids drink in Mexico? We know the age on the ship is 21. But, my dh and me have differing opinions about letting him drink in Mexico. My dh feels that it may teach him about responsible, social drinking... having 1 or 2 drinks during the day and not needing to get drunk. I am not really sure what to think... I don't want him to think that drinking is okay with us when we get home since legal age is 21. What do you all think? I am probably opening myself up here to LOTS of opinions. Not trying to start a fight.

I bet he wishes one of the ports is amsterdam.

Hey Halos ... to circle back ... I just re-upped my HBO. David Simon's "Treme" starts on the 11th. Lemur loves some David Simon. Homicide: Life on the Streets, The Corner, and The Wire are some of my favorites. Treme looks to be equally excellent.

The Wire may be my all time fav drama series. I am going to name my first born Wee-Bey.

Boardwalk Empire, about Atlantic City. ;) Should be interesting. Scorsese's involved.

yes...I had just edited my post :)

:o I'm actually looking forward to June and the new season of True Blood....

I'm a big fan of the Stookie Stackhouse novels and the TB series is really good.

:eek: Should you actually be excited when your employer says that????? :eek:

My boss was being considered for a big promotion and the higher ups were asking all his subordinates questions that were pertinent to his job performance.

One of them asked me if he had a problem with alcohol.

I said "I'll say he does, the cheap bastard never buys a round" :)

My boss was being considered for a big promotion and the higher ups were asking all his subordinates questions that were pertinent to his job performance.

i am so going to use that

So he has deep pockets and T-Rex arms??:D

fun bags?.... *groan*

What? I was trying to be polite, not crude...the new and improved me don'tchaknow.:cool:

You win +5 interwebs for that Simpsons reference.

Are interwebs anything like frubals...or were those furbals?? If so, how does one go about collecting those?

That sounds like a line from an Alanais Morrissette song ...

I was thinking more Laura Nyro

He's the guy wih the T rex arms

Showing all the ladies his other charms

Oh lord the man's a fraud

He's the Flim Flam man

Don't believe him he's the Flim Flam man :)

Sorry I heard that song coming into work this morning , first time in a million years and it's stuck in my head all day *LOL*

I was thinking more Laura Nyro

He's the guy wih the T rex arms

Showing all the ladies his other charms

Oh lord the man's a fraud

He's the Flim Flam man

Don't believe him he's the Flim Flam man :)

Sorry I heard that song coming into work this morning , first time in a million years and it's stuck in my head all day *LOL*

what the hell do you listen to?

LMAO :D

Live and let live unless your a vocal non-smoker:D

Wow you know I don't hold peoples views or opinions against them, I certainly don't follow them to other threads with them.

I say what happens in a smoking thread stays in a smoking thread:D

I can still be civil and truthfully I can give a rats patootie about smoking, I don't smoke, however I hate when those that are rather obsessed with taking peoples rights think they are doing a good thing????:eek:

Cheers and you have a great day!!!!

Carole

Many many years ago, my parents took me on 2 mexico cruises, where I was allowed to have a drink, even on the ship and believe it or not by not making a huge fuss over it, and taking all the fun out of getting away with something, it did teach me to be responsible, it wasn't a big deal to have a fru fru umbrella drink with my parents. Don't get me wrong, I did have a fairly strict upbringing, but my parents were the best when it came to drawing those fine lines. To this day, I don't drink except when I cruise, and just like before, its a fru fru drink here and there, or one of the delicious toasted almond martinis, and I still cruise with my parents, as they are the best company :o Couldn't imagine sailing without them.

At 18 he has probably already had a beer or 100 anyway, so it may be a bigger deal to you than it is to him. Of course all kids are different, but I think in general parents think their kids are much more innocent than they really are......

I couldn't agree more!!!

It could go either way here...either it is a great bonding experience or he completely feels creeped out by having a beer with his parents! LOL!! ;)

Have a wonderful time!!!

Wow you know I don't hold peoples views or opinions against them, I certainly don't follow them to other threads with them.

I say what happens in a smoking thread stays in a smoking thread:D

I can still be civil and truthfully I can give a rats patootie about smoking, I don't smoke, however I hate when those that are rather obsessed with taking peoples rights think they are doing a good thing????:eek:

Cheers and you have a great day!!!!

Carole

It was ment as a joke. That was the reason for the :D at the end of my one line post.

No need to write a book about it.

So what does one do with a DS who will be less than three months shy of his 21st when we do our first family cruise at New Year's? Where we live, it is legal for him to drink (18) and it is also legal for minors to have a drink while in the company of their parents. So if he wants a drink will he only have the option of drinking while on shore? BTW he is 6'1 and would pass for older.

Snow bunny

Archived