Find a cruise deal to share with us.

I rang Princess - they are more than double that special - trolling the other sites but no luck yet!

I found it on the first page of the google result for Australia sites, as Shiona suggested by googling - last minute special diamond princess auckland sydney. It comes up with less than $100 per day.

Has anyone found any good earlybird deals for this Christmas or New Year?

Jillybean:)

Hi Jilly

Princess (plus a number of on line agencies) have just now reduced fares for Sun Princess S201 sailing from Brisbane on 28th Dec to New Zealand and back to Bne.

Just after Christmas Princess was quoting $7479 for the Balcony Cabin we were looking at....now they are $800 cheaper at $6679.

I actually made a booking (with on line TA) and got the cabin for $7019 but that is still quite a bit more than present prices. I am asking TA if we can get a credit or an upgrade.:rolleyes:

I like the look of this cruise because:

1. It departs and returns to Bne - so no flying, no extras for air fares and accommodation and no baggage restrictions.:D

2.New Years eve is at sea, and NY Day is in the tranquility of Milford Sound. A liitle easier on the senses than the similar itinery of the Dawn Princess which visits Tauranga (for Rotorua) on NYD. I would not fancy sniffing sulphur if my head was a little fuzzy from NYE celebrations.:eek:

If this cruise interests you, and the budget can do it, (ours doesn't this year :() I would also recommend you look at one of the two AB Mini suites on Baja Deck on Sun Princess. These are a bit more expensive but worth it.

We snared B750 for our 2009 cruise on the recommendation of someone on these boards. B750 and B755 (only on SunP) were originally built as full suites (with wet bar and enormous balcony etc). However they wanted to avoid any problems with the exhaust vents, so they cut them down just a bit and made them mini suites and made the original minis on the corners, full suites. Their worries on the vents were unfounded so later versions (SeaP and DawnP) retained original config. If you look at pictures of the Aft of Sun Princess you can spot the dividing section they put in up on Baja deck.

Anyway, keep looking, the OZ dollar is helping

cheers

Are you and John going to join us :D Would be nice to catch up :)

Noooooooooooo....it would have been great to catch up though... must be honest we don't really like the Sun Princess at any price ...not even for two nights.....:D...would love to say we are getting fussy but seeing we are heading off on the Pacific Dawn for a week shortly to appease the addiction..fussy would definately be the wrong word.....:D

We all must get serious about a reunion cruise though....i'm thinking that if they do a repo with Carnival Spirit, be it from the U.S or Asia, maybe we could look at that as a reunion cruise...cheers Shiona

Noooooooooooo....it would have been great to catch up though... must be honest we don't really like the Sun Princess at any price ...not even for two nights.....:D...would love to say we are getting fussy but seeing we are heading off on the Pacific Dawn for a week shortly to appease the addiction..fussy would definately be the wrong word.....:D

We all must get serious about a reunion cruise though....i'm thinking that if they do a repo with Carnival Spirit, be it from the U.S or Asia, maybe we could look at that as a reunion cruise...cheers Shiona

Yes I think fussy would definitely be the wrong choice of words :p I'm not picky either....looking at PJ on 20 April......if I can get time off work (it's my uni break LOL) This working thing is defnitely over-rated!

Sounds like a plan with Carnival repo :) Wish they'd hurry up and give more info

This working thing is defnitely over-rated!

Amen:D:D

Sounds like a plan with Carnival repo Wish they'd hurry up and give more info

Yay we are ready to pounce if and when something is announced....i'm sure if they do a repo it will be fully booked not long after they announce it ...per chance they don't do one maybe we can look at a sector on one of the classy worldies:cool:...that would be nice.....

I cancelled Arcadia cruise in Feb in favour of knee surgery :(:( so looking for something BIG to replace that cruise not necessarily for this year...discussing osteotomy to buy me time so this year playing close to home.... cheers Shiona

Thank you Debsta for the heads up on this one.

I had, like others a hold on one @ $224 but after speaking to the wonderful Chelsey, I now have it booked at $199 WOOHOO.

I love the Sun Princess (going on her in 3 weeks :D) and 2 days cruising is so much better than 2 days working :D.

Awesome! I've set a rollcall so we don't clog up the full cruise thread

Just found another great last minute deal.

Queen Mary 2, 23 nights Dubai to New York departing 03 April 2011

Balcony A$3600 including taxes that's only A$156 per person per day.

Jillybean;)

Perhaps folk have cancelled out and dont want to go through the Suez Canal and Egypt given the current trouble there.

Other problem is getting a cheap flight to Dubai, and then an air fare back from New York:eek:

Perhaps folk have cancelled out and dont want to go through the Suez Canal and Egypt given the current trouble there.

Other problem is getting a cheap flight to Dubai, and then an air fare back from New York:eek:

Mmmmm I hadn't thought of that, you're probably right David.

Jillybean:)

Please resist posting TA referrals, even the disguised "hints."

The TA profession is good at finding great prices so it should work well that the mention of a legit. price deal can give a member enough info to shop among several high street agents and land something equivalent, if still available.

Specials for the Diamond Princess - Singapore to Sydney (19 nights) on 27th November with air and one night accomodation starting at $2799. I wonder if it will get cheaper?

Answering my own question.... just found another website quoting from $2599 with air and one night accomodation - that's pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise: 15-DAY SPANISH CROSSING

Dates: April 03, 2011

Ship: ms Nieuw Amsterdam

Guests: 4

2. Stateroom

Type: Ocean-view

Category: E

Cost Estimate

Guest 1 AUD1,138.13Cruise FareAUD1,032.00Fuel Supplement1AUD0.00Cruise CreditsAUD0.00 Packages & Transfers AUD0.00Air Travel2 AUD0.00Cancellation Protection AUD0.00Gov't Taxes and Fees3AUD106.13Guest 2 AUD1,138.13Cruise FareAUD1,032.00Fuel Supplement1AUD0.00Cruise CreditsAUD0.00 Packages & Transfers AUD0.00Air Travel2 AUD0.00Cancellation Protection AUD0.00Gov't Taxes and Fees3AUD106.13Guest 3 AUD198.13Cruise FareAUD92.00Fuel Supplement1AUD0.00Cruise CreditsAUD0.00 Packages & Transfers AUD0.00Air Travel2 AUD0.00Cancellation Protection AUD0.00Gov't Taxes and Fees3AUD106.13Guest 4 AUD198.13Cruise FareAUD92.00Fuel Supplement1AUD0.00Cruise CreditsAUD0.00 Packages & Transfers AUD0.00Air Travel2 AUD0.00Cancellation Protection AUD0.00Gov't Taxes and Fees3AUD106.13 Total Price (AUD)AUD2,672.52

For 3rd & 4th passengers the fare is less than the taxes. These prices are straight off the HAL website.

Archived