Find a cruise deal to share with us.

We're looking for a Christmas cruise but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of deals that I can find.

I'd welcome any suggestions of where to find the best deal?Jillybean:)

Hi Jilly,

We are looking too, but Christmas Cruises seem to have a high demand,

so they dont have to do deals on them.

They very rarely discount them and in fact some lines overseas add a premium.

.....wasn't fussed with Radiance prices got fed up waiting for Celebrity itineraries - so cancelled our 2011 Jewel of the Sea's transatlantic via Iceland, which is the only reason we booked it and who knows if things don't settle they won't be going anyway...and booked this nice little deal instead...

30 nights Ruby Princess - Greek Isles/Grand Med Adventure - Rome to Fort Lauderdale - Inside - $2595.00US pp..a bargain.....:D:D:D:D.. two very happy campers here.......cheers Shiona

.....wasn't fussed with Radiance prices got fed up waiting for Celebrity itineraries - so cancelled our 2011 Jewel of the Sea's transatlantic via Iceland, which is the only reason we booked it and who knows if things don't settle they won't be going anyway...and booked this nice little deal instead...

30 nights Ruby Princess - Greek Isles/Grand Med Adventure - Rome to Fort Lauderdale - Inside - $2595.00US pp..a bargain.....:D:D:D:D.. two very happy campers here.......cheers Shiona

That is a great rate, congratulations! Hopefully you won't be refused boarding because you have booked with a US agent. They are only trying to scare people.

That is a good deal,

Just checked the Princess web site,

only brings it up for us in NZ dollars

on todays conversion rate $2595 US would be $3618 NZ dollars.

and they are quoting;

Greek Isles / Med Grand Adventure: Rome to Ft Lauderdale - 30 Days

Ship: Ruby Princess

Embarkation Port: Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Number of Days: 30 View Itinerary

Embarkation Date(s): 2011 - Oct 07

Interior $5,847.68

Oceanview $6,648.32

Obstructed Oceanview $7,785.22

Balcony $8,643.22

Mini-Suite/Suite $10,720.02

Government Fees and Taxes: $171.44 Currency: NZD

Clever you.....what a great deal. Now I need to find out where you found the deal..

Jillybean:)

That is a great rate, congratulations! Hopefully you won't be refused boarding because you have booked with a US agent. They are only trying to scare people.

Haven't been for past cruises and don't expect to:cool:......i have a great consultant in the U.S nothing is too much trouble and seeing i keep changing my mind at the moment she is a rock....:D

That is a good deal

David yesterday i logged onto "My Princess" which i might add Princess Australia told me i can't possibly have:rolleyes::rolleyes:, adding info to the personalizer ....as usual booking # to us within hours....and showed John the prices online, for me Princess defaults to Aussie prices he couldn't believe it... smiling like a cheshire cat now....:D on the lookout for something out of Florida for when we get in.....might finally get the Panama Canal connection going if it's not too late in the season........meant to add got deposit for $100US pp:D cheers Shiona

Hi Jilly,

If you check out the Princess site,they have dropped the prices for Diamond from Bangkok to Sydney 5 Dec 2010, if thats of any interest.

We are waiting for them to drop the next cruise Syd to Auck, but thats over Christmas and New Year, so there may not be too much movement on that one.

David yesterday i logged onto "My Princess" which i might add Princess Australia told me i can't possibly have, adding info to the personalizer ....as usual booking # to us within hours....and showed John the prices online, for me Princess defaults to Aussie prices he couldn't believe it... smiling like a cheshire cat now.... on the lookout for something out of Florida for when we get in.....might finally get the Panama Canal connection going if it's not too late in the season........meant to add got deposit for $100US pp cheers Shiona

That would be the icing on the cake:D

i logged onto "My Princess" which i might add Princess Australia told me i can't possibly have

Dont follow them saying you cant have My Princess, I have had it for years and currently watching 7 cruises in Saved Cruises, for any price movement.

Here's a new Fly-cruise deal Bangkok to Sydney December 2010 on Diamond Princess.

Inside A$3199

Outside A$3429

Balcony A$3889

Suite A$4349

This includes:

Airfare to Bangkok.

Private car transfer to hotel.

One nights accommodation at 4 star hotel plus breakfast.

Private car transfer to ship.

17 night cruise.

I see today that the P & O site is offering some very good deals on the Pacific Dawn out of Brisbane. Both up the QLD coast and the Pacific Islands.

Maybe some people have cancelled so they've dropped the prices a bit.

Some Oceanview twins are only $999.00 pp. They are all 7 day cruises I think.

Celebrity Millennium have specials for Alaska cruises departing from Vancouver for 7 nights in AUD, these prices are for departure of 13 May 2011:

cruise_8_1207261465.gif

Inside from $799

Outside from $969

Balcony from $1189

Just a shame that it is such a long flight over there :mad:

I suppose the locals say the same thing when looking at the deals down in our part of the world....:rolleyes:

Jillybean :)

What a great cruise, Shiona, as well as a fabulous price. Do you require any help with your luggage?

Hope you are able to arrange a Panama Cruise afterwards, which fits in with your itinerary.

We looked into doing that after our TA to FL, via Panama to Santiago, but the high cost of one way air fares home from South America beat us.

Noticed that there is an active roll call for a TA on Ruby Princess from Venice to FL in October, 2011. Guess this is part of your extended cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

HAL 3 day sale 2-4/6 (HAL Website)

HAL's 3 day sale 43 days Vancouver to Sydney on Volendam is closing the gap between US and Aussie prices -

$5174.56 I

$5253.06 O

$10,503.56 V

inc fees and taxes

Via US Agent

US $3899 I

US$4199

US$8999

plus US$303.84 fees and taxes

Today's prices.

The weaker Aussie dollar makes it only a couple of hundred dollars dearer than the US prices.

Shorter segments of this cruise are also available.

HAL 3 day sale 2-4/6 (HAL Website)

HAL's 3 day sale 43 days Vancouver to Sydney on Volendam is closing the gap between US and Aussie prices -

I have been following that one. The price hasnt changed ..... the sale is just offering a special upgrade,(whatever that means) and discount for 3rd and 4th passengers in same cabin.

Just heard from my agent that the price of our balcony on the HAL 16th Jan around the islands has dropped $100 each person and insides have been upgraded to obstructed ocean views.:D

I am hoping for more price drops as I booked in USD however the advantage of a US booking is that should the price drop we will get the new price and if all fails we can cancel without penalty right up to final payment.

RCC have free upgrades on 8th Nov cruise on Rhapsody, i had an outside booked for 4 changed to 2 Outsides for the same cost :) will make life easier! no bunks! :D

RCC have free upgrades on 8th Nov cruise on Rhapsody, i had an outside booked for 4 changed to 2 Outsides for the same cost :) will make life easier! no bunks! :D

Wow that's good. I rang RCCL this morning to enquire about the 08 November cruise. I waited and waited and waited but still couldn't get through. Not good when I'm paying for an STD call. Wish RCCL Austalia had a 1800 number.

Wow that's good. I rang RCCL this morning to enquire about the 08 November cruise. I waited and waited and waited but still couldn't get through. Not good when I'm paying for an STD call. Wish RCCL Austalia had a 1800 number.

Well just tried calling again, got through this time after about a 10 minute wait. The prices have doubled since last year. Today I was quoted A$1798.91 p.p. for an oceanview ships guarantee. The Balcony was $3252.91 p.p. Last year we paid the same price as the oceanview quoted today for the same duration but it was a Balcony cabin. Those prices do include gratuities, as did the prices last year.

So much for cruise prices coming down with the competition.

Well just tried calling again, got through this time after about a 10 minute wait. The prices have doubled since last year. Today I was quoted A$1798.91 p.p. for an oceanview ships guarantee. The Balcony was $3252.91 p.p. Last year we paid the same price as the oceanview quoted today for the same duration but it was a Balcony cabin. Those prices do include gratuities, as did the prices last year.

So much for cruise prices coming down with the competition.

They do have a 1800 number:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Australia

Level 2, 80 Arthur St

North Sydney, NSW 2060

Phone: 1800 754 500

I wonder if they are charging more this year, as next year is when all the extra cruise ships start coming downunder.

They do have a 1800 number:

Royal Caribbean Cruises Australia

Level 2, 80 Arthur St

North Sydney, NSW 2060

Phone: 1800 754 500

I wonder if they are charging more this year, as next year is when all the extra cruise ships start coming downunder.

Thank you, my DH said he couldn't find on the website, only the 02 ..... number. I'll make a note of it.

Yes maybe when Radiance is here as well that might make a difference in the pricing.

No, last year prices were very low thanks to reduced demand due to the GFC/low consumer confidence. Prices now are rising towards normal levels.

Archived