Find a cruise deal to share with us.

I think the shareholder benefits are excellent as too. Must say most get back more than they outlay for the shares provided they bought into them well.

Yes, the latter's the key. There are some unhappy people around recently as they're down a third from their recent high (>$US1000) - and that overtakes any credit you would typically get. Longer term though, it's likely to come back... but that may take some time.

The ongoing complaint is that you can't combine shareholder credit with other company benefits since last year. In these straitened times, I think that's reasonable, and realistic. Combining would be overly generous though imo. I think the current program is a fair deal.

can you tell me does Diamond get free laundry and how much free internet.....we have one cruise to get to Diamond

It's 30 minutes internet at Diamond and 45 minutes at Diamond plus. There are discounts on laundry at Diamond but it's not free.

hi Jillybean, can you tell me does Diamond get free laundry and how much free internet.....we have one cruise to get to Diamond

i wonder how RCL benefits compare to princess if you're elite

rkmw

Hi Bob

Butting in here new crown and anchor benefits are up online: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedoutIntl.do;jsessionid=0000R67L3xvW5Y1_PccunJzRRjG:13hldcill you will have to wait till Diamond Plus for a free bag of laundry:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....internet is 30 mins free:rolleyes:.....

I think Princess offer much better benefits......cheers Shiona

They offer the best rewards I have come across.

They do have to be a little careful though. At one stage, Elite got free, unlimited internet access, but they had to cut it back to a timed package, as folk were hogging the machines, or passing their black cards around to their mates , while paying passengers had to cue up.

So , as in all things , there has to be a balance.

I am picking the free unlimited laundry may end up having a limit put on it ,to stop abuse.

Hi Bob

Butting in here new crown and anchor benefits are up online: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedoutIntl.do;jsessionid=0000R67L3xvW5Y1_PccunJzRRjG:13hldcill you will have to wait till Diamond Plus for a free bag of laundry:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....internet is 30 mins free:rolleyes:.....

30 mins of internet....not a lot really and no free laundry for Diamond......as David said princess have the better loyalty program for elites

bob

[/size]

Yes, the latter's the key. There are some unhappy people around recently as they're down a third from their recent high (>$US1000) - and that overtakes any credit you would typically get. Longer term though, it's likely to come back... but that may take some time.

The ongoing complaint is that you can't combine shareholder credit with other company benefits since last year. In these straitened times, I think that's reasonable, and realistic. Combining would be overly generous though imo. I think the current program is a fair deal.

On the other end of the scale only last year they were US$5.00.

Jillybean:)

Hi Bob

I think RCL's 3 hours every evening of free wine and champagne and 25% off other alcoholic beverages for Diamond and Diamond Plus is pretty good though.

I think RCL's 3 hours every evening of free wine and champagne and 25% off other alcoholic beverages for Diamond and Diamond Plus is pretty good though.Jillybean:)

Princess have something similar now for Platinum and Elite... Free canapes and snacks and a $5 drink of the day, although I have heard that on some ships they are trialing any standard drinks at $2.95, which seems to be more popular. On Diamond Princess they had it every evening up in Skywalkers lounge.

Princess have something similar now for Platinum and Elite... Free canapes and snacks and a $5 drink of the day, although I have heard that on some ships they are trialing any standard drinks at $2.95, which seems to be more popular. On Diamond Princess they had it every evening up in Skywalkers lounge.

This is one of the perks John and I love, we were there almost every evening on the Diamond cruise and thoroughly enjoyed being once again spoiled by the crew in attendance:D..

Got to watch the canapes/snacks they are very very moreish and some evenings are more like a main course..:D:D Was a little surprised no one from our large CC group ventured up....cheers Shiona

Was a little surprised no one from our large CC group ventured up....cheers Shiona

We were up there most nights and met up with folk from the roll call, but folk were coming and going as dining times can vary so much with Anytime .

I used to like watching the sunset from up there.

We were up there most nights and met up with folk from the roll call, but folk were coming and going as dining times can vary so much with Anytime .

I used to like watching the sunset from up there.

We must have been there in between food shifts...:D:D:D Skywalkers was brilliant one of the best at sea bars ......:cool:

Does anyone else get a bit "peeved" searching for a good cruise deal?

I am starting to think that cruise lines should NOT offer them...

Why?

After you have had a good deal, you look at everything else and relate it back to what you had paid:eek:

and it gets so frustrating constantly looking.

I suppose patience is a virtue though and someday one will come along....

just like others have done.....

out of the blue:D

Does anyone else get a bit "peeved" searching for a good cruise deal?

I am starting to think that cruise lines should NOT offer them...

Why?

After you have had a good deal, you look at everything else and relate it back to what you had paid:eek:

and it gets so frustrating constantly looking.

I suppose patience is a virtue though and someday one will come along....

just like others have done.....

out of the blue:D

I'm absolutely with you here Kiwi Kruzer. I trawl the websites daily, plus receive emails from every other online T/A, and here I am still not actually booked on anything for this year.

I've decided it is hard to find that good deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Just messing around the Princess.com website (in OZ $$) feeling very miserable with nothing booked, when I happened onto 2 Princess cruises which I think are good value:

November 19 2010 - Diamond Princess - 16 nights - Beijing to Singapore

$3,298.50 per person for an Emerald Mini Suite

$2,998.00 per person for a BD Balcony on Baja

Obstructed Ocean view is listed as more than these two options

November 5 2010 - Royal Princess - 12 nights Hawaii to Tahiti

$2,148.50 per person for a BD Balcony on Deck 6

Not as good as the deals we got last November for our Diamond Princess Bangkok to Sydney cruise, but not bad IMHO. A quick check on US online TA sites couldn't match those prices, but I haven't made actual contact with a US TA.

Just messing around the Princess.com website (in OZ $$) feeling very miserable with nothing booked, when I happened onto 2 Princess cruises which I think are good value:

November 19 2010 - Diamond Princess - 16 nights - Beijing to Singapore

$3,298.50 per person for an Emerald Mini Suite

$2,998.00 per person for a BD Balcony on Baja

Obstructed Ocean view is listed as more than these two options

November 5 2010 - Royal Princess - 12 nights Hawaii to Tahiti

$2,148.50 per person for a BD Balcony on Deck 6

Not as good as the deals we got last November for our Diamond Princess Bangkok to Sydney cruise, but not bad IMHO. A quick check on US online TA sites couldn't match those prices, but I haven't made actual contact with a US TA.

Much as I love the long ones...the Royal Princess appeals as we have time share available in Hawaii..dilemmas..such lovely dilemmas...:):):) I have some FCC's I am dying to use.

Cruise Deals - Having just returned from b2b cruises on Pacific Jewel and being a 'cruise tragic' have booked for next year on cruise J119.

Over the years our friendly T/A has come up with some really good 'specials' and she was able to offer a 'BA' balcony for $1799 per person plus OBC of $75 per person. An offer I thought too good to pass up - only 364 sleeps to go!

Cheers, Roy

icon7.gif - very happy!

I am in the US and I am having a terrible time finding a TA here in the States that can book a cruise with P&O, any of you out there, do you have an email address for a TA in Australia, maybe I can go through them.

:confused:

I am in the US and I am having a terrible time finding a TA here in the States that can book a cruise with P&O, any of you out there, do you have an email address for a TA in Australia, maybe I can go through them.

:confused:

Have you tried booking on line with P&O directly?

Otherwise, you could email P&O and ask them how you can book a cruise with P&O.

We are not allowed to give TA names and addresses on CC.

Booking on line is available for people living in AU and NZ only. I emailed P&O 5 days ago and still have heard nothing.....frustrating

Might help if you forwarded a copy of your email to Ann Sherry, CEO of P&O Australia, and sought her assistance in solving your predicament.

I will never understand why the cruise industry makes it so difficult for their potential customers to purchase cruises outside the zone allocated to them by the industry.

Good luck Beaulily.

Booking on line is available for people living in AU and NZ only. I emailed P&O 5 days ago and still have heard nothing.....frustrating

cant you do a google search for an online AU TA or you could even cruise with the Sun or Dawn Princess from OZ

rkmw

cant you do a google search for an online AU TA

Yes, you'll certainly get some that way, and I'm sure they'd be willing to assist.

One wonders why P&O has blocked people off-shore from booking through them when there's no alternative! There are some ways around that, but it's easier to contact a TA above (and potentially a better deal, though it does have possible downsides as well).

cant you do a google search for an online AU TA or you could even cruise with the Sun or Dawn Princess from OZ

rkmw

Yes, I thought of that. But, would you google search an online TA in a foreign country, and pay them money, without a personal recommendation? I wouldn't, especially as Au TAs charge a large non refundable deposit!

Might help if you forwarded a copy of your email to Ann Sherry, CEO of P&O Australia, and sought her assistance in solving your predicament.

I will never understand why the cruise industry makes it so difficult for their potential customers to purchase cruises outside the zone allocated to them by the industry.

Good luck Beaulily.

Maybe they don't want to sell their cruises to overseas customers, as when these customers cruise with P&O they might tell fellow passengers how expensive the cruises are compared to cruises in overseas countries, and how much newer the cruise ships are as well. Just a thought.

Hi,

Anyone else get an email re the Rhapsody in Oct from Hawaii to Sydney via Tahiti, for an amazing start price of just over AU$1200. Now thats a bargain, but Bob can't get time off work....not fair.

Jen

Archived