New Benefits Le Club

SFL

Part of my work life was as a CPA. We had a saying about getting questions answered by the IRS. "If you don't like the answer you get call back a little later, and talk to someone else. Eventually someone will answer the way you want them to."
In fact that is true, and happens quite often.

AZ seems to be in the same boat with the IRS?:confused:

I don't see how anything anyone from AZ says can be trusted.

[quote name='TomBeckCruise']Part of my work life was as a CPA. We had a saying about getting questions answered by the IRS. "If you don't like the answer you get call back a little later, and talk to someone else. Eventually someone will answer the way you want them to."
In fact that is true, and happens quite often.

AZ seems to be in the same boat with the IRS?:confused:

I don't see how anything anyone from AZ says can be trusted.[/quote]

From what I read the information coming from people who spoke to the head office seems fairly consistent only some confusion regarding whether the grandfather phase is over in October or November. the rumours seem rampant, but if someone says they spoke to head office I will accept it. It seems that many foreign agents get inconsistent info or make up their answers often....kinda like the IRS:p

[quote name='MVPinBoynton']Not compatible? They have been able to share the info for years, so I wonder when they lost compatibility. Even if they were to start a totally new system, it wouldn't be a big deal to bring over the old info. I believe that Az will do something that is fair, since the benefits offered aren't that great that it would save enough to alienate loyal customers.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike !

I agree. There is little doubt that Azamara is distancing themselves from Celebrity. Even if it were a total split, I cant see it being a problem to retain the Captains Club information.

Getting back to the Grandfathering question.... at the very least, I hope they come up with a fair compromise. I'd be surprised if Azamara disappointed us on this, as they know it is important to Captains Club Members.

Believe me, I am trying to get a definitive answer. If I hear anything further, I will post it on this thread.

My usual experience is the UK office are not up to speed on things if you are talkiong about Azamara so I would not hold out too much there
I wonder if the alternative is that they will offer "starter" credits rather than wholesale grandfathering?

I just signed up for "Club Le Voyage" through Captain's Club. My Celebrity captain club number was used, and the rep told me they were grandfathering in Celebrity until Nov. Right now when you go to register online on Azamara site and input your info, it tells you that they already have a membership number for you, if you are already in Captain Club. If you have not registered for Azamara yet, you just have to fill in a new user name and password on the right hand of the screen.

It seems to me that maybe after Nov., they will just drop the old info for new enrollees. If you have plans for sailing Azamara and are already in Captain Club, I would enroll in "Le Club" now.

I am uncertain why all the skepticism...several people have spoken directly to Azamara and been told they are grandfathering in...atleast until Octoberish???:confused: I think everyone wants the exact details but it has been spelled out that if you were elite with Celebrity you will be Discoverer with Azamara with all the benefits...it is a good business move for them and to set a deadline is even smarter. it encourages people to sign on if they want the perks. But, I fail to see what all the concern is about. :o

[quote name='3418ahl']I just signed up for "Club Le Voyage" through Captain's Club. My Celebrity captain club number was used, and the rep told me they were grandfathering in Celebrity until Nov. Right now when you go to register online on Azamara site and input your info, it tells you that they already have a membership number for you, if you are already in Captain Club. If you have not registered for Azamara yet, you just have to fill in a new user name and password on the right hand of the screen.

It seems to me that maybe after Nov., they will just drop the old info for new enrollees. If you have plans for sailing Azamara and are already in Captain Club, I would enroll in "Le Club" now.[/quote]

That is exactly the information that I received and what I recommended.

I think it may be more of issue for those who have cruised with RCCL and not Celebrity, but they were never combined.

H is Select on Celebrity after one cruise on X and several on RCCL. I am Classic on X. Both of us show up on Azamara with the correct level, but since we're not sailing on our first cruise with A until August, can we even sign up for LeClub?

My sense is there will be a long line the first day of the cruise to settle out some of these things!

[quote name='Christine Frances']Where on Le Club do you find what your level is? I am registered but I cannot see where it shows my status. Thanks[/quote]

When I sign on to Azamara's website it just says welcome back but a telephone call to Azamara will give you your level. I was told that we are Elite members and will be Discoverer level on our next cruises. Captain's Club information has always been accurate and quickly updated in our experience. We sailed on a B2B at Classic Level and were upgraded to Select Level when we boarded for the second leg of the cruise as we then had the required number of cruise credits.

I also don't understand why there is so much scepticism re: Le Club Voyage. :confused: It will be handled in a professional manner, in my opinion. It is not reasonable to expect Azamara to update all aspects of its websites at the stroke of midnight on March 31.

Bill

I just checked the Azamara website and it certainly sounded as if all Celebrity points would be transferred over to Le Club Voyage. After January 2011, the 2 programs are separate. It seemed like all you had to do was register for Le Club Voyage. I'm listed as Select so I guess all of my credits transferred since I had 5 credits with Celebrity. I didn't get the impression that RCI points were going to be as favorably treated.

Hi Everyone !

Here are the answers to the Grandfathering Questions - which has just been posted on the Azamara Website :

[url]http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=?pagename=membership_benefits[/url]

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Everyone !

Here are the answers to the Grandfathering Questions - which has just been posted on the Azamara Website :

[URL]http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=?pagename=membership_benefits[/URL][/quote]

That makes sense.

[quote name='UB & AS']I also don't understand why there is so much scepticism re: Le Club Voyage. :confused: It will be handled in a professional manner, in my opinion. It is not reasonable to expect Azamara to update all aspects of its websites at the stroke of midnight on March 31.

Bill[/quote]

Bill

I do not think that there is only scepticism - there was genuine confusion for people like us: Captain's Club Elite from sailing both with Celebrity and Azamara [actually booked before Azamara born] but not sailing with Azamara again until after this November. We could have made all the assumptions there are but there was a genuine lack of clarity for people in similar situations.

Thanks to Andy, this question has now been answered.

Sue

Thanks Andy for posting the link for everyone. I think it is actually brilliant the way they have done this. Makes a lot of sense from a business perspective...I can see alot of people trying to book cruises by November:p.

[URL]http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=?pagename=membership_benefits[/URL][/quote]

So as an Elite member am I right in assuming I will not get my points transferred over as my first ACC cruise is not until March 2011? So I start at the bottom tier when I cruise - is this right - or as I have had my March 11 cruise booked since March 09 will I be grandfathered in to the top tier?:confused:

[quote name='bphman']I just checked the Azamara website and it certainly sounded as if all Celebrity points would be transferred over to Le Club Voyage. After January 2011, the 2 programs are separate. It seemed like all you had to do was register for Le Club Voyage. I'm listed as Select so I guess all of my credits transferred since I had 5 credits with Celebrity. I didn't get the impression that RCI points were going to be as favorably treated.[/quote]

Actually the print at the bottom of Andy's linked page says that both Crown and Anchor and Captain's club are included in the grandfather clause. so good for both.

[quote name='little britain']So as an Elite member am I right in assuming I will not get my points transferred over as my first ACC cruise is not until March 2011? So I start at the bottom tier when I cruise - is this right - or as I have had my March 11 cruise booked since March 09 will I be grandfathered in to the top tier?:confused:[/quote]

Well, while that is a good idea...I think you will be unfortunate to start at the bottom for Azamara according to what is spelled out. However, it also says that they will be changing these policies throughout the year. So, they may be thinking of this idea for those who have booked prior to a certain date...No worries, hang in there. They may change things to your favor.

[quote name='little britain']So as an Elite member am I right in assuming I will not get my points transferred over as my first ACC cruise is not until March 2011? So I start at the bottom tier when I cruise - is this right - or as I have had my March 11 cruise booked since March 09 will I be grandfathered in to the top tier?:confused:[/quote]

We also have our first AZ cruise booked for march 2011. When I booked I reasonably expected to be in their top level also, and I was until they decided to drop the Captain's club to create Le Club.

I don't believe AZ meant to say that. They did say it, but surely they are not going to dump those of us who are elite on X and AZ Cap clubs, and make us go to the bottom. :confused:

Hopefully, the information posted yesterday was hastily written, and will be clarified in the next few days.

Hi Andy,
Many thanks for the information. One more question:
Will passengers from outside the USA & Canada, be able to use the facility of "Onboard Booking Savings" for future cruises?.
In the past we have been excluded from any "On Board Booking Savings".

Many Thanks John & Caroline

I too have a trip in end of January 2011 but already have done 2 Azamara trips both before Le Club was introduced. I have read and reread the info and actually find conflicting info between the main text and the small print. I cannot work out based all this do we stay at the top level as we are Elite with X or do we go back to the middle level based on our Azamara trips to date
I have asked the question of the UK office

Dear Andy, Thanks for the info -- one question. We are leaving on Journey May 16, 2010 and are Elite Captain's Club but have not sailed Azamara before. Will we have the benefits of highest level on Azamara? Thank you.

[I]For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club, will continue to accumulate tier credits on both Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises and enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that correspond to credits earned. [/I]

I just spoke with a Captain's Club rep who confirmed this. We're Select on Celebrity thanks to H's previous cruises on RCCL and our one cruise on X, so it appears that we'll accrue points on both lines during our 14-day Azamara trip this summer. Seems like I picked a great time to try out Azamara!

Archived