New Benefits Le Club

SFL

As an Elite member, and now apparently a "Discoverer", I am anxious to discover what services my "Exclusive Le Club hostess, available throughout the voyage" is able to offer.

However, travelling as I do, with Her Loveliness, I suspect I will never be allowed to find out!

I just called and if the information that I received is correct they are grandfathering Captains Club members in until sometime in November. So, I think you are safe if you are boarding in October.

We just got off Azamara and became Select and told we are grandfathered in at the second tier level. I was also told that the one point we receive next month on a Celebrity cruise will also count as the cutoff will be sometime in November. I think Azamara is smart to not just suddenly make the change today with no warning.

This makes sense with Celebrity and Azamara. I didn't ask about people who had only cruised on RCCL.

At least they have the one benefit that everyone wants and that is some INTERNET usage.

I'm confused as usual. :confused: does this mean if you ar "elite" with Celebrity you are already grandfathered in? And when I sail in March 2011 on Quest I will be elite?

does it mean that after November cruises on Celebrity will no longer count towards Leclub status wit AZ?

Hopefully it does not mean after November existing celebrity elite members will be dropped from AZ leclub????:confused:

Hi Everyone !

I've asked the Captains Club Grandfathering question, and have not recieved a response yet. As soon as I hear something, I will post it here. Stay Tuned !

Personally, I feel confused and somewhat underwhelmed. I can't say that I am seeing anything which justifies the magnitude of the price hikes to this point. Am more than willing to be convinced, however.

I have to admit that I am beginning to wonder if the new management team really has a plan and knows what they are doing, or if they are just kind of feeling their way.......

I'm confused as usual. :confused: does this mean if you ar "elite" with Celebrity you are already grandfathered in? And when I sail in March 2011 on Quest I will be elite?

does it mean that after November cruises on Celebrity will no longer count towards Leclub status wit AZ?

That is the part that is not clear but I think the answer would be yes since you are already booked. The status will be in the system. Why don't you just call Captains Club and tell them you want to make sure your Captains Club number is on your Azamara reservation? They have to stick your there under some status.

We have a booking for next year and status shows up when I look on their web site on line.

I think the new benefits are very good - we will be on the middle level based on our past Azamara benefits or grandfathered as elite-either way, even at middle level I think these are very nice benefits that will work very well for us - we will have 2 bottles of bubbly - one for the suite and one from the Captain - I DO like that!!!

Hi Everyone !

The benefits are an improvement. As someone who must stay in touch with clients, the complimentary internet minutes will come in handy. I wont pass final judgement, until I hear more about the Grandfathering (if any) of Captains Club Members. To me, that's a big deal. However, I cant see why *this* took months to release. Why the big drama ?

I asked about what was regarded as a Suite as far as the free specialty restaurants and it is the 10 true Suites, Formerly known as Penthouse and Royal.

I was also told that for those who pay $15.00pp, it was in fact the gratuity.

I asked about what was regarded as a Suite as far as the free specialty restaurants and it is the 10 true Suites, Formerly known as Penthouse and Royal.

I was also told that for those who pay $15.00pp, it was in fact the gratuity.

Actually that does not sound right and must apply to any stateroom booked under a Suite Category.

Hi Everyone !

The benefits are an improvement. As someone who must stay in touch with clients, the complimentary internet minutes will come in handy. I wont pass final judgement, until I hear more about the Grandfathering (if any) of Captains Club Members. To me, that's a big deal. However, I cant see why *this* took months to release. Why the big drama ?

I agree, Andy, but also I agree with what was all the fuss and secrecy about; this could have been published on Day 1 without giving anything away. Our current Azamara Profile also lists us as Elite, so I guess we may be on the top tier for a while anyway.

At least at this point, while the benefits are nicer, I'm not sure that they would cause me to make a booking, whereas the new pricing might very well stop me from doing it.

Go figure.

nothing more????????

well we;ve had excitement here on the high seas

well i know its april fools and i swear this is the truth

earlier today we had bravo bravo bravo

turns out it was a galley fire on deck 5

all is well

last night 230 am

the captain came on reported that we had a missing 16 year old girl

turns out she was hanging with friends on deck 2 which is the medical center and crew quarters...i wont crack jokes on any of that as she is a minor..but we all know that keisha wasnt where she was suppose to be

and all of us onboard would like to ground her

and yes i understand the what ifs and believe me if i really thought there was a problem i would be one of many searching for her..

the night before that was at 130am we had a very serious code alpha..

that was a in cabin announcement....which as you all know the emergency broadcast overrides your silencing the intercom

apparently all is well with passenger..because of the prompt response by this specific team of responders...

so havent slept a full night the last 2 nights for all the wrong reasons

so this le club voyage announcement is bringing some GOOD excitement into our lives!!!

Hi Jade !

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if that's accurate. I think someone gave you incorrect information. Just to double check, I'm asking about it.

just checking back in...

well, i guess az is probably closed by now..

i forgot to add in my last post..

we also had a code echo echo echo

which is emergency situation all officers report

around 1230 in the afternoon ixtapa day we were in the windjammer

having lunch and the ship shut down..literally all lights went off, elevators stopped etc etc...we were dead in the water...about 10 minutes

later the generators popped on and another 20 minutes and captain eric

came on and said the electrical issue was fixed and the entire ship was "rebooted" and then the following announcement was all crew stand down

otherwise weve had a very relaxing cruise and im so excited

about these new benefits...i just want the little details!!!!!!

thankfulling we have not had oscar or charlie

HONEST its all true and im not joshing you

Spoke to Azamara this afternoon. For now,your status levels will carry over. Diamond=Elite=Discoverer etc. Was told by representative that this may change in future. But for now that's the policy

Enjoy

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Jade !

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if that's accurate. I think someone gave you incorrect information. Just to double check, I'm asking about it.[/quote]

Andy, I had a follow-up post that I was sure I was given incorrect information. I looked up on the Azamara website and a Suite is Suite.

I do know for a fact that you do have to be in one of the top 10 Suites (PH and Royal) to be invited to the Best of the Best dinner with the Captain and senior officers.

[quote name='takemewithyou']Host Andy,
Not to disappoint everyone.....but....don't you have to sail with Azamara once before your Celebrity status is honored?

The benefits would transfer over on your second cruise with Azamara, right?

Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks![/quote]

I think the question that people want answered is whether they will transfer if they are not yet on Azamara but have a booking next year or whenever this change in November is scheduled to take place. However, I know if you have a booking now your status will be in the system. It sure would be an incentive to get people to book this year (if they will not honor status after a certain point).

Not to disappoint everyone.....but....don't you have to sail with Azamara once before your Celebrity status is honored?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi Takemewithyou !

I wish I could answer with certainty, but things are a bit murky at the moment. In the past, you would be absolutely right, and you may still be. The problem is, Azamara needs to clarify some of these points. Hopefully, I will be able to get some answers shortly.

[quote name='Jade13']Andy, I had a follow-up post that I was sure I was given incorrect information. I looked up on the Azamara website and a Suite is Suite.

I do know for a fact that you do have to be in one of the top 10 Suites (PH and Royal) to be invited to the Best of the Best dinner with the Captain and senior officers.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jade !

Thanks for letting us know. I was all but certain that Azamara would not do that, as they previously said it was complimentary for Suites. Glad to hear nothing has changed.

As for the Captains Dinner, your explanation makes perfect sense.

Thanks![/quote]

I pulled out our documents for our Azamara cruises and we were Select Level on our first cruise on Journey (January 2009). On our second Azamara cruise (April 2009) our status was Elite which will be Discoverer for our 2011 cruises on Journey. Status from Celebrity was recognized on our first Azamara cruise.

We were in a Veranda cabin in April and were invited to cocktails and dinner with senior officers. Others at the table were in suites. There do not seem to be hard and fast rules regarding dining invitations.

On our first (and only, so far) Oceania cruise we were in a concierge cabin and dined with the Captain. Perhaps it was due to the length of the cruise and they ran out of people from suites. :cool:

[quote name='SFL']Spoke to Azamara this afternoon. For now,your status levels will carry over. Diamond=Elite=Discoverer etc. Was told by representative that this may change in future. But for now that's the policy

Enjoy[/quote]

So perhaps that means that they won't kick people out of their already-established tiers in the future, but those who acquire Select or Elite (or Platinum/Diamond on RCI) after November won't get reciprocal benefits on Azamara. We'll see.

I'm still picking myself up off the floor after looking at the prices on the cruise we were hoping to book next summer. Oh, wait. They have a 2:1 special...

[quote name='nooosey']Hi,
We are founding members, way back on Celebrity before the RCCL merger they offered Captains Club for life for a fee possibly $25 so those that paid are the founders.[/QUOTE]

we're considered founding members but we never paid any fee.

Hi,

I am getting confused now. I called London office today and they told me everybody will start as new member as the system used my AZ, X and RCCL are not compatible.
I don't find this fair as we and like everybody else worked very hard to arrive to Elite members.
If you have more info, it would help to get the things right.

[quote name='airlinesteward']Hi,

I am getting confused now. I called London office today and they told me everybody will start as new member as the system used my AZ, X and RCCL are not compatible.
I don't find this fair as we and like everybody else worked very hard to arrive to Elite members.
If you have more info, it would help to get the things right.[/quote]

Not compatible? They have been able to share the info for years, so I wonder when they lost compatibility. Even if they were to start a totally new system, it wouldn't be a big deal to bring over the old info. I believe that Az will do something that is fair, since the benefits offered aren't that great that it would save enough to alienate loyal customers.

Archived