New Benefits Le Club

SFL

[quote name='uktog']I too have a trip in end of January 2011 but already have done 2 Azamara trips both before Le Club was introduced. I have read and reread the info and actually find conflicting info between the main text and the small print. I cannot work out based all this do we stay at the top level as we are Elite with X or do we go back to the middle level based on our Azamara trips to date
I have asked the question of the UK office[/QUOTE]

Hi Uktog !

I could be wrong, but the way I read it, is you would remain at Azamara's top level - Discoverer. Here is the paragraph (taken from Azamara's website), especially the last sentence and the words "previously earned credits" that seems to confirm it :

For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club, will continue to accumulate tier credits on both Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises and enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that correspond to credits earned. In January 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed on both Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to both programs

[quote name='sheffer']Dear Andy, Thanks for the info -- one question. We are leaving on Journey May 16, 2010 and are Elite Captain's Club but have not sailed Azamara before. Will we have the benefits of highest level on Azamara? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sheffer !

The way I read things is, as long as you are a current member of Captains Club, you should recieve reciprocal benefits on Azamara in 2010. I would highly recommened checking with Azamara, as I do not want to disappoint you. Have a wonderful time on Journey !

[quote name='TRIANDA']Hi Andy,
Many thanks for the information. One more question:
Will passengers from outside the USA & Canada, be able to use the facility of "Onboard Booking Savings" for future cruises?.
In the past we have been excluded from any "On Board Booking Savings".

Many Thanks John & Caroline[/QUOTE]

Hi John & Caroline !

It's a good question, and I do not know the answer. I can tell you there have been numerous discussions about this on the Celebrity board on Cruise Critic. Other members have said they have been told, it has to do with a legality issue, which prohibit Cruise lines from offering these types of promotions. I've also seen similar comments on other Cruise line boards here on Cruise Critic.

I absolutely cannot confirm if this is true, but it could be why it's not allowed. I will see if I can find out anything, but I doubt I will be able to get an answer on this question.

[quote name='little britain']So as an Elite member am I right in assuming I will not get my points transferred over as my first ACC cruise is not until March 2011? So I start at the bottom tier when I cruise - is this right - or as I have had my March 11 cruise booked since March 09 will I be grandfathered in to the top tier?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi Little Britain !

The way I understand it, is you would be Grandfathered. If you are currently Elite on Captains Club, you would be at the Discoverer Level on Azamara.

As I mentioned earlier, I highly recommend getting confirmation with Captains Club, as I do not want to be the source of any disappointment. Enjoy your Cruise !

Host Andy:
Can you help me...I am still confused....This is taken directly from Azamara's web site: (bolding is added by me for emphasis)

"Guests who sail with Azamara Club Cruises for the first time and are not members of either the Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor programs will automatically become a member of Azamara’s loyalty program, “Le Club Voyage,” [B]after their first sailing[/B] and have the opportunity to enjoy a host of rewards, gifts, amenities and services associated with membership on their next Azamara Club Cruises voyage."

Doesn't this mean the benefits will come to those who are select, elite, etc AFTER their first sailing?

After initial posting.....Edited to say: I have reread this AGAIN.....I guess the next paragraph says if you are already a member of Captain's Club, you are grandfathered in.....but how about members of RCCL's Crown and Anchor? Is their status recognized?

Sorry for the confusion....

Hi,
John and Caroline's query re onboard booking, all I can say is that Crystal Cruises have no problem offering all guests discounts for starting a booking onboard, they will even discount a future booked cruise when you are onboard and register the booking number with the rep. I was amazed last year when I was on Journey and queried this matter with the hostess who confirmed that they could not honour the discounts for UK guests.
Philip

[quote name='takemewithyou']Host Andy:
Can you help me...I am still confused....This is taken directly from Azamara's web site: (bolding is added by me for emphasis)

"Guests who sail with Azamara Club Cruises for the first time and are not members of either the Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor programs will automatically become a member of Azamara’s loyalty program, “Le Club Voyage,” [B]after their first sailing[/B] and have the opportunity to enjoy a host of rewards, gifts, amenities and services associated with membership on their next Azamara Club Cruises voyage."

Doesn't this mean the benefits will come to those who are select, elite, etc AFTER their first sailing?[/QUOTE]

Hi Takemewithyou !

Thats not how I read it.... but I agree they could have written all of that in 1/2 the words. I can see why it can be confusing. I read it several times myself !

It says Guests whom "are NOT members of Captains Club" will recieve Azamara benefits after their first sailing. If you are sailing in 2010, and are currently a Captains Club member, you should be Grandfathered at the corresponding Azamara level. I would double check this with Azamara, just to be certain.

I hope this helps !

[quote name='little Britain']So as an Elite member am I right in assuming I will not get my points transferred over as my first ACC cruise is not until March 2011? So I start at the bottom tier when I cruise - is this right - or as I have had my March 11 cruise booked since March 09 will I be grandfathered in to the top tier?:confused:[/quote]

I do not read any mention of "when booked" on the AZ site.

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Little Britain !

The way I understand it, is you would be Grandfathered. If you are currently Elite on Captains Club, you would be at the Discoverer Level on Azamara.

As I mentioned earlier, I highly recommend getting confirmation with Captains Club, as I do not want to be the source of any disappointment. Enjoy your Cruise ![/quote]

Not how I read it. since Little Britain will have not sailed with AZ on 1-1-11 he will get no credit for Celebrity captains club sailings. therefore he will have no Le club credits when he sails.

Per AZ website:
"For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club, will continue to accumulate tier credits on both Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises and enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that correspond to credits earned. In January 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed on "BOTH" Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to "BOTH" programs. "

I hope AZ realizes that many people like Little Britain booked with them believing they would be elite, and had no reason to believe otherwise.

Andy, Thank you for suggesting that people speak with a Captains club rep although I doubt they have the final answer at this time.

It seems to me that AZ has changed the name of their club, and are about to mistreat many customers who are already booked on future cruises.:confused: Not a happy moment getting Captains Club "elite" status jerked out from under you.:(

Not to worry, TomBeckCruise.

I spoke with a Captain's Club rep today, and her understanding, which matches Azamara's website info, is:

1) All elite status reached on Celebrity or Azamara is grandfathered in to the new LeClub

2) Current Captain's Club members will earn credit on BOTH Captain's Club AND LeClub Voyage for any trips sailed on Azamara for the balance of 2010.

3) Members of Captain's Club who sail on Azamara in 2011 and beyond will ONLY earn credit on LeClub Voyage.

Takemewithyou - your friends need to enroll in Captain's Club. If they have reached a higher tier on RCCL, that status will transfer to Celebrity, and thus to Azamara.

However, other than the special transition mentioned in #2 above, to reach the next tier on any of the clubs, credits need to be earned on that cruise line. In your friend's case, say they are at the 2nd tier of RCCL with 6 points. They will be Select on Celebrity status-wise, but will only have credits for the one trip they took. Assuming it was non-Concierge/suite and less than 12 days, it would be one credit. They would need to get to the 10 credit point on Celebrity before they'd reach the next tier. Clear as mud?

[quote name='takemewithyou']Host Andy:
We have friends cruising with us on Azamara in 2010 who are members of RCCL's loyalty program and have only sailed X once. They have more points with RCCL. What happens with them? This is their first Azamara sailing.[/QUOTE]

From the Azamara website:

[I][B]And as part of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) family of brands, Azamara Club Cruises will offer reciprocal membership benefits to members of Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club loyalty program and Royal Caribbean International’s Crown & Anchor loyalty club. For sailings through the end of 2010, members of the Captain's Club levels Select and Elite, as well as Crown & Anchor levels Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus will move directly in to the equivalent levels of Le Club Voyage when sailing onboard Azamara Club Cruises ships. Further information about the reciprocal program between the three brands will be made later in the year. [/B][/I]

Does this help?

Regards...

Andy
I would like to agree with your analysis of the main text but then I read in the smaller text beneat that:

[U]For sailings through the end of 2010[/U], members of the Captain's Club levels Select and Elite, as well as Crown & Anchor levels Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus will move directly in to the equivalent levels of Le Club Voyage when sailing onboard Azamara Club Cruises ships. [U]Further information about the reciprocal program between the three brands will be made later in the year[/U].

In other words the reciprocity runs out at the end of 2010 - I know that contradicts the earlier section in which I interpret as

I continue to earn in 2010 and at the end of the year they freeze the position and I carry that level over - so if I am elite in Celebrity I go to discoverer, however, the credits I earn on my January cruise are only applied to my Le Club total

For me its not a huge deal as I like the benefits at the level below Discoverer and if that is all I get, based on my Azamara track record, it is still a lot better than I got on Azamara on my trips with them.

It is more the frustration of communication glitches and I still have the question, before posting something, how much review is done by those outside the immediate project team who do not know what this is really about. In corporate coms that litmus test is always your best one because when you read things from within a team your interpetation is influenced even subconciously by your prior knowledge.
Some FAQs based on typical scenarios - the types being posted on this page are always good to use to support launch or change communications

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Little Britain !

As I mentioned earlier, I highly recommend getting confirmation with Captains Club, as I do not want to be the source of any disappointment. Enjoy your Cruise ![/quote]
I tried calling CaptC in the UK today - no answer!!!

I personally feel that I will 'not' be grandfathered in as my ACC cruise is not until Mar11. Expecting the worse!

But I will get another 2 points for my next Eclipse cruise in Sept, and "For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club, will continue to accumulate tier credits on both Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises and enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that correspond to credits earned." So will the fact that I have added to my CaptC level during this period trigger my LCV membership?

How flippin' confusing is this......:rolleyes:

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Now that im on terra firma, ive had a chance to leisure read all the posts and the AZ website[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]I have a question[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]My DH has no sailings on Celebrity and RCCL..[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]before this new program, we were told that on his 2nd sailing[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo](this would be when we are on our b2b) [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]He would assume my benefit level (Elite/Discoverer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Has anyone heard if this is still the case?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]I dont want to appear greedy with the question, [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo] Im so appreciative that the new benefits will save us money with the laundry and internet![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Im just curious!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]K[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082](still on netbook until i arrive home, please excuse all mistakes)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='uktog']Andy
I would like to agree with your analysis of the main text but then I read in the smaller text beneat that:

[U]For sailings through the end of 2010[/U], members of the Captain's Club levels Select and Elite, as well as Crown & Anchor levels Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus will move directly in to the equivalent levels of Le Club Voyage when sailing onboard Azamara Club Cruises ships. [U]Further information about the reciprocal program between the three brands will be made later in the year[/U].

In other words the reciprocity runs out at the end of 2010 - I know that contradicts the earlier section in which I interpret as

I continue to earn in 2010 and at the end of the year they freeze the position and I carry that level over - so if I am elite in Celebrity I go to discoverer, however, the credits I earn on my January cruise are only applied to my Le Club total

For me its not a huge deal as I like the benefits at the level below Discoverer and if that is all I get, based on my Azamara track record, it is still a lot better than I got on Azamara on my trips with them.

It is more the frustration of communication glitches and I still have the question, before posting something, how much review is done by those outside the immediate project team who do not know what this is really about. In corporate coms that litmus test is always your best one because when you read things from within a team your interpetation is influenced even subconciously by your prior knowledge.
Some FAQs based on typical scenarios - the types being posted on this page are always good to use to support launch or change communications[/QUOTE]

Hi Uktog !

I know what you mean... I agree that some of it, is a bit confusing. IMHO, I think its tough to figure out 2011 and beyond at this moment. My best advice, is to be happy the Grandfathering of Captains Club Members looks good for the balance of 2010, and let some time pass. Hopefully, Azamara will make their 2011 plans more detailed in the near future. I will keep asking questions !

[quote name='gosport11']A quick question do back to back 7 niters count as 2x7 or 14 nites,so you get extra credit :):)[/quote]

That is is YES. We did a B2B to Alaska on Millie and rec'd two credits for each leg as we were in concierge. We sailed north as Classic and sailed back as Select, so are benefits were different on the two legs of the cruise. You get the credit(s) for the first leg after the first leg so your status can change from leg to leg.

We will get three credits on our B2B on Journey in 2011 as the first leg is 11 nights and second leg is 16 nights. Bill

[quote name='TomBeckCruise']I do not read any mention of "when booked" on the AZ site.

Not how I read it. since Little Britain will have not sailed with AZ on 1-1-11 he will get no credit for Celebrity captains club sailings. therefore he will have no Le club credits when he sails.

Per AZ website:
"For the remainder of 2010, guests who are members of Captain's Club, will continue to accumulate tier credits on both Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises and enjoy the benefits of the Le Club Voyage tier levels that correspond to credits earned. In January 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain's Club. At that point, guests who sailed on "BOTH" Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to "BOTH" programs. "

I hope AZ realizes that many people like Little Britain booked with them believing they would be elite, and had no reason to believe otherwise.

Andy, Thank you for suggesting that people speak with a Captains club rep although I doubt they have the final answer at this time.

It seems to me that AZ has changed the name of their club, and are about to mistreat many customers who are already booked on future cruises.:confused: Not a happy moment getting Captains Club "elite" status jerked out from under you.:([/quote]

I don't read that at all. If you have 10 points in Celebrity by the end of 2010 you will be at the highest level on your Azamara cruise in 2011. In 2011 points are obtained separately.

People should feel lucky. Azamara and Celebrity are very generous. HAL just started a new loyalty program and you need 200 days to be the top tier. On Celebrity right now you could take 5 cruises on Century in a CC class (2 points) and be Elite with only 20-25 days of sailing!

[quote name='where2next'][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Now that im on terra firma, ive had a chance to leisure read all the posts and the AZ website[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]I have a question[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]My DH has no sailings on Celebrity and RCCL..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]before this new program, we were told that on his 2nd sailing[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo](this would be when we are on our b2b) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]He would assume my benefit level (Elite/Discoverer)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Has anyone heard if this is still the case?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]I dont want to appear greedy with the question, [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo] Im so appreciative that the new benefits will save us money with the laundry and internet![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Im just curious!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]K[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082](still on netbook until i arrive home, please excuse all mistakes)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

No idea, but every cruise line we have been on benefits went to your cabin mate. In other words, you don't get in the priority boarding line or on the priority tender (or whatever the cruise line is offering) and roommate or spouse has to wait.

[quote name='Jade13']I don't read that at all. If you have 10 points in Celebrity by the end of 2010 you will be at the highest level on your Azamara cruise in 2011. In 2011 points are obtained separately.

People should feel lucky. Azamara and Celebrity are very generous. HAL just started a new loyalty program and you need 200 days to be the top tier. On Celebrity right now you could take 5 cruises on Century in a CC class (2 points) and be Elite with only 20-25 days of sailing![/quote]

I suppose it is confusing then since several people read it the way I do, and some the way you do. I believe the sentence would have read "AZ "OR" Celebrity, not "BOTH" AZ and Celebrity. Hopefully we will know Monday.

I have no problem with a "super elite" level. Give loyal cruisers something to shoot for. Celebrity and AZ seem easily attainable which I assume is how they want it so they will get repeat business.

I would be perfectly happy on Celebrity, but they seem in love with the Caribbean, and I'm not. not enough choice.:(

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Hi Everyone...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Spoke with a [I]Azamara dedicated Le Club Voyage agent[/I] today, [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Yep, it was staffed on a Sunday AND a Holiday![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]and he informed me that DH would in fact assume my Discoverer benefits on his 2nd cruise. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Also, the AZ agent said that bunch of them were being flown out to inspect AZ Journey first hand later this week![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]K.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I called today and was told although I am elite, there is no guarantee I will be at Disoverer level when we sale in Jan 2011 though the lady did agree we would also have 6 azamara points
A

We are Select with Celebrity and have a 14-nighter with Azamara also. Just talked to Captains Club desk to confirm that we would be in the mid tier. They checked with the LeVoyage desk and I was told that they have not yet made that determination and I would have to check back before my cruise which is in three weeks. I was told they they were still in the planning stages of the club and things were and will be sketchy for a while. I'd like to have confirmation before we board.

[quote name='sherrelwd']We are Select with Celebrity and have a 14-nighter with Azamara also. Just talked to Captains Club desk to confirm that we would be in the mid tier. They checked with the LeVoyage desk and I was told that they have not yet made that determination and I would have to check back before my cruise which is in three weeks. I was told they they were still in the planning stages of the club and things were and will be sketchy for a while. I'd like to have confirmation before we board.[/quote]

They are wrong. We are Select after our one Azamara cruise and status is the same on our Celebrity cruise in two weeks. Call back and speak to someone else. Status should be on-line as well.

Archived